Not open for further replies.
SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's the third best starting hand....if you fold it, what are you waiting for? AA only?

BTW, what was the result?

Last edited:
luiaguila

luiaguila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a tournament that allows calls and believes that one is strong against 2 players even if folds not be bad

C

Chipsteal_jj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a definite call from me especially today since I was extremely lucky and found an empty beer bottle on my way home from the coffee shop after buying a $5 latte.
The bottle is worth 10 cents so if I lose I am still even for the day. Except for the latte of course. :)

You won the internet today :')

C

Chipsteal_jj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to last in the tournament longer and not play another tournament it's a fold but if you are ok with risking early for tripling your stack, its an easy call. Do keep in mind that having early chip lead won't mean you'll go deep in the tournament but it'll give you space to play more tight.

S

Sadalmelik

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First hand of a 10c 360 man SNG. I'm dealt QQ in the BB. UTG shoves. I have enough hand history on him to know that he is extremely loose. One person from MP calls. No history on him. What is the correct play in this situation?

What does poker stove show you? i play 2-7$ tournaments, on 2$ i would call without doubt, on 7.... well, realistically, odds are against me, i would wait better situation.

Live today, fight tomorrow strategy pays at the end, eventually :)

Aceplayer55

Aceplayer55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is where newbies get it wrong about going AI on the first hand.

If you lose then you are out, but when you win you do not double your chances of winning.
Doubling up on the first hand might increase your chances of winning by 10%.

sCATpoker

sCATpoker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are serious about your game fold the QQ this early in the tournament. Confusdish Cat says "A Tournament cannot be won in one hand, however it can certainly be lost in one". Seriously though you have what a blind invested with the possibility of coinflip or worse overpair, no need to throw your buy in away whether you are trying to win for profit or pleasure if you lose first hand you will not of gotten either, just fold and pick a better spot. Now if it was late stages in the game than you would have a lot more info and different stack sizes that would add a bunch of different variables that might merit a call or to take the risk. but first hand nothing invested in the pot just put it down and wait for the right time, this isn't it.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in that kind of tournament i ll easily make a call, especialy because QQ is a strong hand and it is one of my favourite hands

R

rubenz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it still allowed on PS to use poker trackers? And if so, what software do you use?

About the hand that you've played, I think I would have called because it is still a 10c tourney and QQ is a strong hand.

Last edited:
ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call cuz in 10c sit n go people can shove anything and its a good card to become early chip leader

D

Dan Lucas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you ribaric. people shove with garbage, and I have folded QQ thinking it was too early to go out, would have won because raiser with pocket 3's called with q 10. And never got a real chance later in tournament. I would even call with JJ and take my chances. I've played too many of them and folded when I should have recognized the situation and tripled up. But, everyone has their own views, and you try whatever works best for you.

proud2Bwhack

proud2Bwhack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
learn to fold. You are only going to be 60% ahead of two players IF YOU'RE LUCKY. AK is not out of the question here and puts you below 45% vs 2, unless other player has ace as well. Whoever wins shove/donk fest will have plenty of chips for you to take from them later... This is often the case as you play with discipline from position. Same thing applies to a cash game, you will take it all from the winner over time.

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if is some bigger by in tournament you should be carefull,QQ,Is good hand but over two players is not the best in freeroll you should try....

Ljuk358

Ljuk358

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At .10 cents I would call...

O

OgKb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your playig on stars obvious fold. Any other site this is ez call.

E

erakdues

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
let u dont 4 bet vs good cashgamer in low/mid stakes with 100bb, but shortstack push call allin.

H

Halid68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold this hand because i don t want lost first hand ;)

pocketelf0

pocketelf0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold, UTG may be loose, but MP probably has something good. You aren't gaining ITM from this and might knock yourself out. Regardless of buy in

Slav4obaby

Slav4obaby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play 0.10$ sng easy call but it's easy fold against 2 all in players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands