Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mug

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was running ranges through Pokerstove and was more than a little surprised to find how often QQ would have only 50-52% equity.

It is still a fold for me in every tournament besides the micros, but by a larger margin than I originally anticipated.

However, at a micro .10c 360 player SNG. I am calling this 3 way nearly every time, even with little information. Play is just so bad at the micros and for some it truly is ATC in the first few hands. But then again, as Philthy stated, I am willing to take the risk, as my bankroll could afford it. I believe more often than not it will be +EV in this situation.

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
10c buy-in? Do a fist pump and then shove.

Z

ZeeCpt

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the majority here. It's a 10c tournament, if you triple up you're looking much better to go further, and I'd say you're at about 45% to win most of the time against their ranges. And If you get rekt, well it's 10c and they run them all day long. :)

robertocoelho

robertocoelho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QQ is strong ideal and go heads up, but I would call shove in this situation.

U

underdog140

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why is the buy-in a factor in this? If the buy-in was $100 and you had the same players on the table and the action was the same, do you still call QQ here or do you fold? If you fold, why? Does QQ have less of a chance at winning in a $100 buy-in vs a .10?

If your argument is there are a lot of bad players in .10 MTTs, this is true, but there are also very bad players at all limits. Some just have deeper pockets than others. However, we are not teaching OP anything if we're telling him to base his decisions on what the buy-in is. If you're calling all-in with 22 against 2 other players at a .10 buy-in, then you could do the same thing at a $100 buy-in, right? Whats the difference? Your bankroll and what you are risking. Sure, it's easy to say call all-in with ATC in a .10 MTT when your BR is at $500 because your risk is minuscule. What if OP's bankroll is only .60 and .10 games are the only games he can play? Then the buy-in a big deal to this player and they want to make sure they're making the right decision.

60 cents isn't a bankroll.

We are talking a 10 cent sng. A game players frequently sign up to just to donk around in or blow off some steam ect. Yes players do that at other levels also because they have deeper pockets but not as many do and not as frequent as it is done in 10 cent game.

And yes QQ has less of a chance at winning at a $100 buy in.. with the same circumstances .. because in general there will be better players / players taken the game more seriously. Which means the likely hood of my QQ being up against AK and better would increase due to players not playing as bad.

We are teaching the OP that buy in level matters. Which the OP might already know. And just like every other peace of information we get. We have to take it into consideration when making our decision.

theboss

theboss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So this is a 3way all in and the stakes should be taken under consideration because you will see a lot of random trashy hands there going all in. Against a random hand like 68o and any Ax you will always have 55% pre and against a random 67s kind of hand and a smaller pocket pair you will have 65% pre. I think I would call here to make a stack and be more comfortable later on.

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In micro buy-in tournament call & All-in is necessary for time efficiency,
no only good hand or not should think about.
More you play, you should find that It is not efficiency to play a tournament spent 2~4 hours, except that you are in practice.

alipalip

alipalip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends on whether or not it matters to you about going out early or not. Good opportunity to triple up and wait out some other crazies if you call.

For some ppl 10c is just losing time, but someone who got only 10$ and whit this tournament got chance to double up it`s more important. You guys have to learn early that you wont go all in with QQ at the early stage in the game when you got 1 bet and call in front of you. It`s easy fold and wait for a better chance(ow when you are in heads up, or KK/AA) you don`t need to shove in this stage!

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
easy call. Esp since its basically a freeroll and everyone is playing horribly.

B

bkokin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call this hand, a .10 360 STNG it has many loose players who moves allin in the first hand.

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
QQ its very strong hand you have to risk you can guess that your opposinents must have something like pairs or A ang good kicker to all -in but its all about changes you can fold it

upstage

upstage

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
QQ

I think that is big mistake to fold QQ in all in preflop. As correctly wrote player higher you can lose with AA or AK too.Play on showdown with 100% sure is impossible.In late MTT's you must call witk TT or higher, but isnt fall with 22

P

Polkus

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes

First hand of a 10c 360 man SNG. I'm dealt QQ in the BB. UTG shoves. I have enough hand history on him to know that he is extremely loose. One person from MP calls. No history on him. What is the correct play in this situation?

I would fold here

razva_raz94

razva_raz94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call. If one of them is loose you will beat him most of the time. And the other player could have only KK,AA that will dominate your hand. And if he has AK its a flip. So i think you can't fold.

S

separatist

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
afk its easy call only cose this is 0.1 tourney

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would fold.

Not because this is a donkfest or how cheap the BI. We are playing a tournament and we need to defend our stack. As you mentioned one of your villains is a loose ATC player (Bingo) and the other guy you have no info on. This is why I would fold.

If both players were loose ATC players then I would call here as you would be getting at least 61% equity.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
on a 0.10 tournament ( or 360 players sng) thats an insta call, i think i would even call this all in on a 11 dollar tournament or sng. pocket queens are a very strong hand and its very probably that both of this players shove with hands like k10,kj,99,10 10 ,jj,ak,aq,aj,a10 or even worse at this level. so calling is the right choice here.

A

assafyer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shove it the worst case there will be another one in a few minutes

C

colacho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with what you say , there is no reason to fold in this tournament

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would call in that situation. In MTT´s with a crowd, there are a large number of crazy people, bluffing all the time, and bad players, who thinks that K2o it´s a great hand. In the beggining of the tournaments, they normaly are responsible for the majority of the actions.

You can lose to a worst hand, but the chances are you have the better hand.

victory22422

victory22422

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have had the situations like that. And most of times ill call this.

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First hand of a 10c 360 man SNG. I'm dealt QQ in the BB. UTG shoves. I have enough hand history on him to know that he is extremely loose. One person from MP calls. No history on him. What is the correct play in this situation?
IN 10C SIT N GO PEOPLE PLAY VERY LOOSE. i mean even donk play. If i were you i would call that hand

arborest

arborest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call if Im about to take a risk at the beginning to increase stack quickly.
I would fold if I really badly want to get to the final table.

el_magiciann

el_magiciann

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i won't fold QQ in early stages of MTT preflop for sure ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands