***October SNG Thread***

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats cool can if you guys ever wanna dicuss the 18 mans or get a group going for sweats etc pm me you msns, is late now and I am gonna be off bed soon. Managed to win my last game so the day wasnt as bad as I though. The last two days are the most I have played in close to a year apart from a 9 man bet I got halfway through and enjoyed it.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2) is it reasonable to try to go after the more loose players in the early stages, or is that still risky? Like, normally I'm stacking QQ+ during low blinds, sometimes JJ and AK is appropriate, but what if you're up against an opponent who's like 40/35 or 85/20? Is it safe to widen our value range against them to try and gain a bigger stack?

I think so - if I've got a solid read on a confirmed drooler and I've got a hand that I know performs well against their range (hopefully 60-40 or better) I'll be happy to get it in. I think we all know by now I'm not a math guy, but I understand the ICM tax on a coinflip is minimal early in the game and we stand a good chance of either running the table over or at least cruising to the bubble if we win. Plus we just start another game if we lose, so it's a chance I'm willing to take.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Logan, like cj said, it's a very small sample. It would be better if you had 100+ games or so. Then you can get an idea.

I'm running like -18% in the $5's as well. I'm going to have to stop mixing them after the last day of last month.:rolleyes: Now I've pretty much gotta make up all the work I put in to it last month just because of that one damn day.:mad: But that will teach me to try to knock out volumes much larger than I'm used to.

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, i understand is small volume, also i need to consider that im playing only 2/$5´s by session (and 6/$2´s), so is not like have much games of 5´s, but the thing is that it looks so big when you are down in the $5´s to vs $2´s, example when you don´t cash in 6-8 games of the $2´s then is only $12-$16 down, but with $5´s is now $30-$40 down and at first view looks so much. But i guess when you win also will look big and with time you get used to it, right?.

i think need to see it like buyins instead of money, i mean 6-8 buyins down don´t sound that bad :rolleyes: (can´t imagine for you guys that play in $12buy-in or higher when get a downswing or not cash in 10-15 games).

Anyway, all is part of learning and today late could play another session and finally get a 2nd in $5´s, i do play a little tighter in the $5´s and also take aside both tables from the cascade of the $2´s to not get mix (with the aside function in TN), looks that could focus more on those and ended well.

Will see tomorrow;)

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
***8.) study nash ranges more (this involves moving WIZHUD to another computer)

and philthy i've done a few $3.30 90mans turbos last month and did pretty good with them. low blinds i'll limp with hands as strong as TT and AKs and be prepaired to get in on good flops. the one reason i normally rise is too narrow the villian calling range to get a better read and also to limit the amount of players seeing a flop. in these players call raises no matter the size or hands they hold so raising for these reasons is just useless imo. also i open for 20x or so with JJ-AA and still get callers that will get allin if they hit any part of the board or sometime if they completely miss.

Have you used "ICM Trainer"? Should help you practice good nash ranges, It's like the quiz mode in SNG wizard, but using Nash instead. Google it, free to use.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol I run good, deposited $10 on tilt played 3 $4 rush sngs, 5th in one annndddd...

rushwin.jpg

ez game

O

Oil_Fan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haven't really set any goals for this month I'll start with building up my bankroll. I'm adding a bit here and a bit there with each paycheck.

Today was a pretty good day for me. I'm not multi-tabling but instead I'm just concentrating on each of my games.

Played a 5000 player $2.20 MTT on Stars - Came in 1281 (ok, not a SnG).

Then played a some STT SnG's.

$2.20 on bodog - came in 2nd.
$3.40 on Stars - came in 1st.
$3.40 on Stars - came in 9th.
$3.40 on Stars - came in 3rd

On second thought....some goals:

Continues playing $3.40 STT and building my bankroll. Not sure what ROI is normal for this level but I intend on playing well. So far, a good start to the month.

Drive deep into a major MTT tourney this month.

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was studing today some games of late September and find 5 games where dg and I was playing (i only notice 2 at the time but find 3 more now), funny thing is that all games are from september 30 (doomsday for you dg).

This is not really for talk on the hands but for the funny of results, and how things end for both with out know at the time that we are both there, so here it goes. (dg is shove monk E, im Logan Robbiani).

First game

we are both in top5, dg is take out
1 AJvsAA

HU same game, same guy beat me with dg chips.
1 QQvs22

2nd game

i Raise first, sb 3bet me, dg shove, i get out of the way, QQ call, dg get busto
2 99 jj qq

Do you think guy have enough busting dg?, nop, 9min. later i get JJ, guy again get QQ, bust me with dg chips.
2 jjvsqq

continued...:D

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3rd game early

Now dg is who take me out.
3 77vsAK

4th game
top5, i take revenge and take out dg lol
4 AAvsK9

5th game
top4, dg get unlucky in turn and end bubble boy.
5 Akvsk8

5th game
HU, i take revenge for dg and beat same guy
5 kqvsqj

Was rally funny to see this now when looking back on hands and when happen not really notice it.

Hopely that make you feel a little better on your bad day dg;)

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You crack me up Logan. I was just about to load up some games and saw this. Now I think I'll wait another week.:p:p:p

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heh, stop loading on each other you two!

Well i'm back after a week and a half away from a computer, it really did me the world of good not going near a computer for that length of time. I had a good time at my live tournament, unfortunately didn't cash, finishing 30/158 10 spots away from the money.

I made one fatal mistake that i know of during the two days, i got to this table where i knew no one. After about an hour i decided to start trying to own the table with a bunch of raises, and i did this well for a long while. I'd been bullying this table of tight players for a while when i got dealt ATs in middle position. i Made a standard 2.5ish x raise and got one of the extremely tight players call me, at the time i expected these players to play back at me, or start calling me lighter, so i put his range at a lot of Ax hands, pairs and lots of decent broadway type hands. I should mention that he had around 20-30 BB's at this stage and i had about double

Anyways flop comes down A72 I decide that i'm going to check, with the intention of shoving to any bet. So i check, and he bets, which i thought he would do with most of his range so i raise and he turns over AK. I think i completely misread this guy and figured he would play back at me, when in reality he actually wouldnt. So the correct way would be for me to bet/fold but whatever, after that lost pot it left me with effective stack of 8BB's had an ace the very next hand and shoved, the same guy tanked for about 2 mintutes before turning over pocket jacks. lol.

Anyways, took the day off poker today pretty much, plan to get back into playing the SNGs tommorow. I have just purchased an Xbox controller and have it set up, seems to be a great way to "play" poker.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry to hear about your cooler man, I bet it was a great experience though!

So you're going with Hjalper then WiZZ? That's just for Stars right?

My volume has been awful so far this month, I've only played two sessions. I've split my roll across Tilt and Stars now, I'm gonna go back to the $6.50's on Tilt and start the $3.40's on Stars until I plug some of my leaks. Might drop some tables, haven't decided yet, but basically I've realized I have a lot more to learn and study before I can start rocketing up in stakes like I thought I could.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you used "ICM Trainer"? Should help you practice good nash ranges, It's like the quiz mode in SNG wizard, but using Nash instead. Google it, free to use.

I think i've had this before i didn't realise it was using nash i'll look to see if i still got it if not i'll download it again thanks.

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You crack me up Logan. I was just about to load up some games and saw this. Now I think I'll wait another week.:p:p:p

LOL, sorry dg, you still can:p

Heh, stop loading on each other you two!

Well i'm back after a week and a half away from a computer, it really did me the world of good not going near a computer for that length of time. I had a good time at my live tournament, unfortunately didn't cash, finishing 30/158 10 spots away from the money.

Anyways, took the day off poker today pretty much, plan to get back into playing the SNGs tommorow. I have just purchased an Xbox controller and have it set up, seems to be a great way to "play" poker.
Well, at least with dg i know could take back my money later :D

Glad to read you have a good experience Wizz.

I remember read about that (XBX control for play poker) but like CJ comment, that is still just for Stars right?, i will love to play that way in Fulltilt.

My volume has been awful so far this month, I've only played two sessions. I've split my roll across Tilt and Stars now, I'm gonna go back to the $6.50's on Tilt and start the $3.40's on Stars until I plug some of my leaks. Might drop some tables, haven't decided yet, but basically I've realized I have a lot more to learn and study before I can start rocketing up in stakes like I thought I could.
Last month also have split my BR in FT & Stars but is easy to play in only 1 site when are multitabling (i think TN don´t work for both at same time), also i have RB in Tilt so make no sense for me to keep playing the $3.40 in Stars and at the end just stick with Fulltilt, find it easy to play more volume when stick to only 1.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last month also have split my BR in FT & Stars but is easy to play in only 1 site when are multitabling (i think TN don´t work for both at same time), also i have RB in Tilt so make no sense for me to keep playing the $3.40 in Stars and at the end just stick with Fulltilt, find it easy to play more volume when stick to only 1.

Yeah I don't think I would play on both sites at the same time, I just think it would be fun to switch it up a little, play some on Tilt one day then on Stars the next. The structures are a little different too, so I might run into some different spots on each that are kind of interesting. You're right though, it's probably easier to play at one site when trying to make volume. I'll probably just stick with Tilt in the long run, but until I'm ready to move up again I think I'll split it.

Also, a little plug here for anyone who's interested: https://www.cardschat.com/forum/tournament-poker-59/stt-bubble-hand-week-184449/

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's official. I'm going to take a month off of poker. I just have to much on my plate right now to think straight during the games. Since the last day of last month I have went nowhere but straight down. So I need to stop before I go busto. Once I get some things back on track, I'll give it another go. GL to the rest of ya and I'll check in here from time to time.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's official. I'm going to take a month off of poker. I just have to much on my plate right now to think straight during the games. Since the last day of last month I have went nowhere but straight down. So I need to stop before I go busto. Once I get some things back on track, I'll give it another go. GL to the rest of ya and I'll check in here from time to time.

Sorry to hear that DG seems like a break is a good idea right now and hope you return with renewed vigor and fresh for a good run at the games.

Today has been very frustrating and I have made many mistakes but also seen some mind boggling plays. I have to realise not everyone has the brains not to call off their stack with top pair no matter how many short stacks are around and how safe they are otherwise.

I must stop letting other players bad plays to excuse my own faults.

Edit- another AA cracked serioulsy just feel really dissapointed and feel like opening up another set, really really must not do that. Its worse when they laugh after cracking your aces meh. Was on the bubble too :p ah well feel better after a good moan should go to bed but gonna watch a film! Have a good pokers day all.

Last edited:
Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry to hear that DG seems like a break is a good idea right now and hope you return with renewed vigor and fresh for a good run at the games.

Today has been very frustrating and I have made many mistakes but also seen some mind boggling plays. I have to realise not everyone has the brains not to call off their stack with top pair no matter how many short stacks are around and how safe they are otherwise.

I must stop letting other players bad plays to excuse my own faults.

yea Had a rough day myself. Tons of bad beats and coolers early and that caused some bad plays. My first losing day of the month though so its a good test for one of my goals(dont let one losing day turn into several).

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just for balance :)

poker stars $5.00+$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t75/t150 Blinds - 6 players

BB: t2425 16.17 BBs
Hero (UTG): t2990 19.93 BBs
MP: t2058 13.72 BBs
CO: t1216 8.11 BBs
BTN: t1766 11.77 BBs
SB: t3045 20.30 BBs

Pre Flop: (t225) Hero is UTG with A:club: A:heart:
Hero raises to t525, MP calls t525, 2 folds, SB raises to t3045 all in, 1 fold, Hero calls t2465 all in, MP calls t1533 all in

Flop: (t8188) T:club: T:heart: 3:heart: (3 players - 3 are all in)

Turn: (t8188) 9:club: (3 players - 3 are all in)

River: (t8188) 5:club: (3 players - 3 are all in)

Final Pot: t8188
Hero shows A:club: A:heart: (two pair, Aces and Tens)
MP shows Q:heart: Q:spade: (two pair, Queens and Tens)
SB shows K:spade: K:club: (two pair, Kings and Tens)
Hero wins t1864
Hero wins t6324

Poker Stars $10+$1 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t10/t20 Blinds - 9 players

Hero (BTN): t1500 75 BBs
SB: t1500 75 BBs
BB: t1500 75 BBs
UTG: t1500 75 BBs
UTG+1: t1500 75 BBs
UTG+2: t1500 75 BBs
MP1: t1500 75 BBs
MP2: t1500 75 BBs
CO: t1500 75 BBs

Pre Flop: (t30) Hero is BTN with T:heart: 9:club:
2 folds, UTG+2 calls t20, MP1 calls t20, 1 fold, CO calls t20, Hero calls t20, SB calls t10, BB checks

Flop: (t120) K:heart: 6:club: 7:heart: (6 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, CO bets t40, Hero calls t40, SB calls t40, BB folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls t40

Turn: (t280) 8:diamond: (4 players)
SB checks, MP1 checks, CO bets t60, Hero raises to t230, SB calls t230, MP1 calls t230, CO calls t170

River: (t1200) 5:diamond: (4 players)
SB checks, MP1 bets t420, CO calls t420, Hero raises to t1210 all in, SB folds, MP1 calls t790 all in, CO calls t790 all in

Final Pot: t4830
Hero shows T:heart: 9:club: (a straight, Six to Ten)
MP1 shows 5:club: 4:heart: (a straight, Four to Eight)
CO shows K:club: 9:heart: (a straight, Five to Nine)
Hero wins t4830

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, even though I'm not playing the sng's, I did open up one 5/10 cent table of rush today. Told myself I would quit if I lost that buy in.

The pic is where I finally decided to quit (notice how many bb's I have). And here is a sick hand that I knew as soon as the BB shoved I was beat, but just couldn't lay it down.:rolleyes:

full tilt poker $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter By DeucesCracked Poker Videos

Hero (CO): $22.05
BTN: $10.53
SB: $10.00
BB: $9.98
UTG: $10.24
MP: $6.41

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is CO with K:diamond: K:spade:
2 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, BTN raises to $1.20, SB raises to $4.05, 1 fold, Hero raises to $22.05 all in, BTN calls $9.33 all in, SB calls $5.95 all in

Flop: ($31.16) 2:club: 8:diamond: 8:club:

Turn: ($31.16) A:spade:

River: ($31.16) 2:heart:

Final Pot: $31.16
Hero shows K:diamond: K:spade: (two pair, Kings and Eights)
BTN shows A:heart: A:diamond: (a full house, Aces full of Eights)
SB shows K:heart: K:club: (two pair, Kings and Eights)
BTN wins $1.06
BTN wins $28.10
(Rake: $2.00)

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, even though I'm not playing the sng's, I did open up one 5/10 cent table of rush today. Told myself I would quit if I lost that buy in.

The pic is where I finally decided to quit (notice how many bb's I have). And here is a sick hand that I knew as soon as the BB shoved I was beat, but just couldn't lay it down.:rolleyes:

Full Tilt Poker $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter By DeucesCracked Poker Videos

Hero (CO): $22.05
BTN: $10.53
SB: $10.00
BB: $9.98
UTG: $10.24
MP: $6.41

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is CO with K K
2 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, BTN raises to $1.20, SB raises to $4.05, 1 fold, Hero raises to $22.05 all in, BTN calls $9.33 all in, SB calls $5.95 all in

Flop: ($31.16) 2 8 8

Turn: ($31.16) A

River: ($31.16) 2

Final Pot: $31.16
Hero shows K K (two pair, Kings and Eights)
BTN shows A A (a full house, Aces full of Eights)
SB shows K K (two pair, Kings and Eights)
BTN wins $1.06
BTN wins $28.10
(Rake: $2.00)

that is a sick hand but it does bring up a bad memory had a hand a few years ago like this I had AA vs 2 x KK and lost the hand as the other 2 players split with a King high straight.