***October SNG Thread***

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use PT3 and make sure my games are correctly classified after playing them and importing the tournament summaries the next day.

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
About KO games, i try some last month and i don´t like it, yea, you take a couple of bounties, but this not like normal bounties when you get half of your buyin each time, you only get 1/4, and pays are only wort in last table, you end with your buyin back, maybe another extra buyin, but games take so long that better decide to cut the games and focus in 9man that take really less time.

About tracking games, i use HEM (Holdem Manager), in Stars usually not track all correct (or number of players or buyin or results) but i stop playing there, in Fulltilt track accurate all my games so is enough for me.

I have a great first session today, play 10 games and cashed in 6, a couple 1st places and couple of 2nds, unfortunately a storm just start and electricity is on and off, so can´t play another session, hopely late in the day can play again.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sorry if this is considered a hijack...I don't intend it to be. I just want to know what people are using to track how many SNG's they play. I want to look at September so I can get a goal number for this thread. Thanks :)

That's exactly what this thread is for! I use PT3 personally, if you don't have that you could just use a spreadsheet as Debi does. I'd track your finishes also, your finish distribution over a large sample can help you spot some leaks in your play.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
***8.) study nash ranges more (this involves moving WIZHUD to another computer)

and philthy i've done a few $3.30 90mans turbos last month and did pretty good with them. low blinds i'll limp with hands as strong as TT and AKs and be prepaired to get in on good flops. the one reason i normally rise is too narrow the villian calling range to get a better read and also to limit the amount of players seeing a flop. in these players call raises no matter the size or hands they hold so raising for these reasons is just useless imo. also i open for 20x or so with JJ-AA and still get callers that will get allin if they hit any part of the board or sometime if they completely miss.

isohatedis

isohatedis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i know how to look at my hand history but do not know how to copy it.could someone please tell me how to do this so as i could post a few hands?

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it saving to your hard drive? If so you could just copy and paste it from wherever it is located on your computer.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, September bit me in the butt right at the end. First 29 days of September = Ysy!, last day of September = WTF!!!!

But it's a new month and I can forget about all of that. Or can I? Anyway, here are my goals for October...

1. STOP posting period in the chat boxes. Seriously this time.:eek:
2. Work more with HEM and find 1 or 2 more filters for my bubble game.
3. Volume. I would like to play at least 500 games this month, but it may be as low as 300 due to the circumstances IRL.
4. Read Collin Moshman's book and understand most of it.

I think I'll leave it there for now. My game is getting better and if I could just stop going retarded from time to time it would help immensely.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
isohatedis, you play at FT don't you? With the same name? I think I saw you on the tables the other day in the $2.25's. Just wondering. I'm "Shove Monk E" on FT.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it saving to your hard drive? If so you could just copy and paste it from wherever it is located on your computer.

also you can click on the hand number in the handreplayer to bring up a text version of the hnad right click copy and paste it into a text file. but you really should be be saving them to your computer. also if you got hem it may import them to another folder.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
October goals

1) Play as much as I can
2) Review hands for biggest losers
3) Post some hands in HA
4) Get 2nd PC up and running so I can do some Skype while playing

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
October goals

1 - Maintain Ironman
2 - *shrug*
3 - Profit

Number one is actually going to be a little more difficult than normal, I'm travelling for a week and a half so I'll be reduced to playing on a laptop if I can get on at all.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Full Tilt is now playing 10 FTPs for every dollar paid in SnG/MTT rake, so even with the increased requirements for Ironman it's only 13 games (instead of 15) to get Gold. Nice I guess.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah that's a pretty sweet deal. The annoying thing about Ironman for me is that you have to play so many days out of the month, it'd be easier for me I think to just get in a couple of huge sessions than it would be to spread them out over the month. I guess that's what Stars has, I dunno if it'd be worth switching though.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Ozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Attachments

• $12 oz KOs me.jpg
    $12 oz KOs me.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 116
cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On that note, I've now gone 4/20, three 2nd's and one 1st... ffs

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is pretty late here but won a game today with 2 quads in 3 hands pretty crazy will try to remember to post em tomoz need sleep so I can play more pokers tomorrow win big fellow sngers.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
okay, 2 quick things (well one quick, one not so quick, I'll let you figure out which one is which lol):

1) what's a reasonable WTSD% and W$SD% for STT's?

2) is it reasonable to try to go after the more loose players in the early stages, or is that still risky? Like, normally I'm stacking QQ+ during low blinds, sometimes JJ and AK is appropriate, but what if you're up against an opponent who's like 40/35 or 85/20? Is it safe to widen our value range against them to try and gain a bigger stack?

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL on the pict CJ, is not nice chipdumping even if is Oz:rolleyes:;)

Good questions. I like to know 1)too, on 2) i try to see more flops with loose players more than shoving, in postflop play they definitly will pay you when you want, in shoves also will pay you but if open range more then is like gamble wich is better for they.

I manage to play another session after the storm, get 3/8, all 3 first places, after first day of the month end 9/18 ROI=22.6%

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my WTSD% is 49.8% and my W$SD% is 55.6%. not even sure that sounds right. i really don't think these stats matter too much as alot depends if your getting called down or not. as for #2 i rarely adjust for players early on. i think the tight game i play early give me and edge on these guys let 2 of them bust out early while you sit back and gain equity. i try to keep pots small in low blinds and only get in with very strong hands QQ is borderline for me as whether or not i get in with it.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my WTSD% is 49.8% and my W$SD% is 55.6%. not even sure that sounds right. i really don't think these stats matter too much as alot depends if your getting called down or not. as for #2 i rarely adjust for players early on. i think the tight game i play early give me and edge on these guys let 2 of them bust out early while you sit back and gain equity. i try to keep pots small in low blinds and only get in with very strong hands QQ is borderline for me as whether or not i get in with it.

I think this is where my game is suffering. I'm trying to get ahead too much early on by getting it in more marginally than I used to. If I can just slow back down in my early game, I think I can do a lot better.

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dg, or anyone mixing $2 & $5´s.

Do you make any adjustment in the 5´s??

Still crushing the $2´s but can´t win in the 5´s so far. First 2 days

2 5

Small example with 5´s but just wondering if need to make adjustments.

I think tomorrow will check all hands on 5´s to see what happen, if this continue will need to stay only with 2´s and add 2 more tables, should be winning almost $40 in 2 days but because the 5´s go up like $6

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just small sample size Logan, your ROI at the $5's will get better soon just as your ROI at the $2's will get worse, I'd expect/

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stars is shafting me ragally today its just not funny anymore last game of the day and probally my biggest losing day ever. It would be nice if it was down to tilt but its just things beyond my control like alipf with qq vs jj and the j hitting.

The only small amount of joy has been some spanish dude anouncing to the table that I was going out next with 7/18 players left and me finishing above him in 3rd place. One game left lets hope I can salvage a lil something and get refreshed for tomorrows grind.

Do we have any 18 man players at CC?