***October SNG Thread***

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't think so (though I don't precisely know those terms either). Saw the term 'go n GO' or 'go and go' a couple times while perusing the 2+2 forums.

Having tried to figure it out on my own, it seems like a PF 3-bet with intent to shove most flops. An "advanced" re-steal move for stack sizes that are too big to just resteal shove.

@pat: that makes sense. I didn't figure them both to be slowplaying that hand tho. Thought a fishy just spiked an ace on the river and overvalued ;)

stop and go - you call raise and jam(or bet) on any flop (your 1st to act post flop)

i've heard limp and go called go and go but thought go and go was making a raise from SB then jam anyflop if the BB calls.

P

pat3392

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just asked what a "go and go was" and they said it is a:

3 bet pre, shove the flop

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just realized i failed to post any goals this month.

Anyways would have been the usual stuff, heres my october anyway. Pretty good for just three weeks of poker ;)

Attachments

• 6.50 march.JPG
    6.50 march.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nice graph WiZZ, except for the cooler at the end :(

My volume flat out sucked this month. I'm so swamped with school atm, but I really want to devise a schedule so that I can actually play and keep up my game. The rust on my game right now is ridiculous.

Clambake420

Clambake420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you guys consider good volume for a days work. I don't multi-table yet so my volume always sucks. Just curious how many games a day you guys play. I feel single tabling regular SNG's is difficult to put in decent volume.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
October's in the bag for me, time to review. As predicted travelling did put a bit of a dent in my volume, only got about 240 for the month. I could maybe have played a bit more while I was away but only having a slow wireless connection that dropped out every time there was a stiff breeze didn't really inspire confidence. Still:

1 - Maintain Ironman. Did it, albeit only silver.
2 - *shrug*
3 - Profit. Just shy of $300... meh.

Graph for those that enjoy these things:

Attachments

• Oct2010.jpg
    Oct2010.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 24
Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Goals for the month:

1) Profit.-+$219.42-weak but a pass
2) play 450 STT's-~530-pass
3)continue 4-tabling and begin 6-tabling by the end of the month-pass
4)dont let a losing day breed several losing days.-only had more than 1 losing day in a row once. However it was 6 days in a row and I think emotions were a factor so I will call this one a fail.
5)Qualify for the BOP.-Fail
6)have one day per week playing no STT's(a freeroll or an Mtt or two only)-did this all weeks-Pass

P

pat3392

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you guys consider good volume for a days work. I don't multi-table yet so my volume always sucks. Just curious how many games a day you guys play. I feel single tabling regular SNG's is difficult to put in decent volume.

It depends on who you ask. Here, people will probably say maybe 20 games. At other forums they'd probably say 100. Myself, I usually play 30-60 a day

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I feel lazy putting in 15 a day. But yeah, it's pretty much impossible to get volume in when you're single tabling - even if you played all day you'd be lucky to get more than 30 in and if you've only got a few hours you'll be lucky to get 2-3 done.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
October goals

1) Play as much as I can - Pass
2) Review hands for biggest losers - Sorta
3) Post some hands in HA - Pass
4) Get 2nd PC up and running so I can do some Skype while playing - Fail

The $10 games hurt me a bit this month.

Live game was decent this month +$647
Online bankroll +$29.16

Attachments

• _0e.JPG
    _0e.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 17
  • _0d.JPG
    _0d.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 17
Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

In my case, was playing 20-24, 8-tabling, been minimun 20 because that was the need it to reach Iron Man, but it will depend how much time you have to play. I only have around 3 hours to play so that just let me make 3 sets of games.

But important is that you start multitabling, even if is only 1 more table added your number of games will be double, and after a time feels natural and can add another and so on.

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My goals for October.

1) 350 games (At least 300) passed, end with 400+, good month in that way.
2) Silver Ironman (At least Bronze) passed, reach Silver.
3) study every 3 days. Fail
4) 8tabling (6/$2 & 2/$5 first 15 days then 4/$2 & 4/$5 last 15 days) passed, but was a mistake to mixit
5) profit Fail, or passed barely
6) Study players in my stakes every sunday, make notes using HEm replayer Fail
7) Focus more when top3, i notice that when reach top3 focus more on other tables because this was on money and make me end in 3rd when have the chance to win it. Passed, last days focus in this one but still can be better

October 10results
Last days manage to get back to almost break even, thanks to rackeback ended a little positive (blue). Funny thing is that ended down in the $2´s, but manage to get back with the $5´s (last days play only $5´s and that was when line go up again, so i think will jump to the $5´s in November.