Status
Not open for further replies.
EsnneyPk

EsnneyPk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to ask an opinion about the following hand.

I was in the 7Starcoins VIP tournament, final table, UTG+2 with KK. and Had around 40BB. The chip leader has 80BB, and I was 3rd in chips. There were 3 shorties (10-15BB). I raise, got reraised by the chip leader went all in and he bust me with QQ. The first place was 400$ and I got 81. I know that this is a clear all in, without any doubts, but how a micro stakes player should react on this situation if I was at the final table of Sunday Storm or Big 11. Should I fold since the 3rd place was almost assured if it was one of this tournament?

In my view you played well have a good hand that is worth going all-in as is :)kd4: :ks4: ), it is only a matter of variance that you punished.
On the other feliciataciones part by your 3 Location. :congrats:

S

sillymunchie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you win the hand, you become chip leader, player x lucked out, and you would of had 80bb and could control the pace had you won, you could fold KK but then ask yourself why your not going afk if you are going to fold such hands.

another thing you could ask yourself would you be willing to call a shortstack with such a hand?
if the answer is yes then no more needs to be said, win big with your big hands and you cant really hope for much more when your against the chip leader :)

wc2hell

wc2hell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the things happns,but if you fold these KK probably you never win this $400.

E

Emma Hugo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just bad luck all it is would have done the same.

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KK knocks me out of so many tourneys. i stopped calling it all in pre flop when i was deep in tourneys for awhile cause it was happening so often. KK is my Nemesis

GuiWah

GuiWah

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe you could read his hand. Maybe an AA in his range? But you did a good call. You got a premium hand, losing only for AA what is hard to know if you dont have notes from the enemy.

PatriciaKelly

PatriciaKelly

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have folded to the raise.

Strictly speaking from an ICM point of view both your play and the villain's were correct and should be profitable over time. But why flip for your tournament life unless your stack is so short that you absolutely have to, true you should never sit on your chips and blind away holding for position, but in this situation you didn't have to there were other options available, you had enough chips to see a few flops and play a few more hands. Was this a flip, the villain's range facing a potential all-in here should be very tight QQ, KK, AA, AKs, against that range your KK had about 52% chance of winning. By folding you could not have lost any money at all, but you would have guaranteed yourself some opportunities to gain money and position by targeting and knocking out the short stacks.

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would play REALLY tight in this situation, because the prices differ pretty much in the last 9 places and taking a hot-headed risk is not a good option, in my opinion. I would probably just stick to my instinct in this situation and deduce something depending of the playstyle of my table-rivals.

Zacccpanec

Zacccpanec

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10 times out of 10 I would have played exactly the same. all right just unlucky

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my case it depends on my goal during the play. At online if I intended to reach at final 30 list then I never shove allins without seeing the flop. Only exceptions are against the short stack player but with the hands of JJ KK AA AK AJ. I don't shove with KQ QQ 1010 AQ. As at 888 these have highest streak of loosing while shoving. But sometimes it is 4 am in india during the play and I feel grogginess then I just play relentlessly. Lol.
The key thing is "Always compare your tournament life with the time you have spend to reach at that particular point with your decision of shoving."

Just remember even if there is a 0.5% of the probability of the event is to happen then give it respect because it is a positive number and It do happens in online poker frequently. Lol.

Dunc8b

Dunc8b

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not really on topic...
But does anybody knows the chance of somebody having AA when you have KK in a 9-player-table?
And does anybody know a good site for those statistic?
No idea on the statistics side of things but in the short time of playing I have seen AA, KK and JJ and other variations where 3 players all have pairs from AA down to JJ and someone goes all-in pre-flop and so do the others. AND, it's not always AA that takes the win.

Stanislav

Stanislav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
go a head you got pocket KK on the final and you wanna money suprice be hard and be yourself raise re raise allwin and what ever :)

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm in a agreement with the majority here. There is pretty much no way I would fold K-K there. If he has aces, then he just has aces. As a couple of players have already said above, you'll never win by folding those kind of hands. Maybe you move up one place. But then again, maybe the short stack doubles up and the blinds start to eat away at your stack, and you drop three places. Just speaking for myself, I love the feeling I get when playing near bubbles or at final tables, when I take down a big pot or knock another player out. I love the feeling of having taken it upon myself to increase my stack, my rank and my payout by not being afraid to play hands, as opposed to hoping someone else will knock other players out for me as I try to fold my way up the ladder.

J

jiri

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
you played it great :) sometimes you need some lucky ;)

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sounds like my luck. Sometimes the cards just fall against you. Better luck next time.

J

JimmT7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The strategy I follow in final 9 is, I just follow pyramid style to play I.e. I just ignore pairs or uses very small bets as pairs r at the end of the pyramid. I mostly play very tight at this point when 9 players left. When players remain 5 or less I play semi aggressive and in final 3 mind play and aggressiveness is the key. When players are few the Variance rules the table. In practice I never touch pairs in final 9, whether it is AA or 22. It does not matter.

This is exactly my play. With one addition. I will normal bet if I get a allin and I have AA or KK. I will only call if I am in position to see if there is any other calls if no others them I'm in. Win percentage is high enough.

M

MakeUcryalot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay you weren't very clear, there needs to be a bit information. But as you explained it seems like there are 3 people in this hand. Now if you had 40bbs you had no reason to shove, and hopefully made a decent bet. With three shoves and one of them covers you, its very unlikely KK will hold up. A short stack could have you beat with A2o and be doing nothing wrong. Realistically it comes down to who the player is that was big stack.

If this was cash its a call but when you could possibly go up two pay grades at the final table, its a fold.

N

NohhhMrBond

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Often the case with this type of query - far too little info about overall situation; blinds, raise amount, position, effective stack size, size of short stacks, pay jumps for laddering etc. That said, once the chip leader re-raised, it's an instafold - one of few who can bust you - and you can fold, losing nominal raise (3x? perhaps) but staying in with decent stack and watching shorties bust out, moving you up and waiting for another spot.

Jim Brown

Jim Brown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree there could or should generally be more information, but this is perfectly fine as played with enough information given.

just unlucky, it happens.

If you're passing up this spot you might get a payjump or 2, but what more can you ask for in a situation without being results oriented? There is a lot of tournament left with 9 players.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I agree with the previous spoken that more info should be given so that we can conclude if the raises and reraises/4bet , were right or more than it should have been ,if there should have followed a 4 bet , as it happened or not etc .
But generally yeah, KK is a very strong hand , I used to have the same doubts like you, that in the final table I should play more carefully and be ready to fold even big hands ,but this way you don't build big stacks, you have no possibility to win the first prize , you might even be in danger later ,you will be losing blinds and chips all the time if you fold to 3 bets and reraises continuesly, that's not good ,you have to face the variance sooner or later .KK might lose to Ax but AA might lose also ...

deform fedot

deform fedot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only forward

As a bonus if you are, then you lose? KK is not a bad card, but winning combination of each can be when playing, you have a chance for an even bigger stack - I would have played

romych007

romych007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With kings you should do call or all-in , as it is the hand of the first category. And it is very unlikely that your opponent will have the pair of aces.

eidikos

eidikos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi!
it was the right playing.you were unlucky.
you aim at the 1st place every time.dont look the structure of the prizes there...
only in a satellite tournament you can think to fold there

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
I mi opinion, I call because is a good hand and you win more cheaps and get reward.

V

vassiriki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no way you should fold it. the call was correct but you just were outlucked!!

Status
Not open for further replies.