Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ajax95777

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In this kind of situation i think that depends on why did you enter the tournament?
To enjoy the game by playing it for fun. To win the tournament no matter what. Or to win a few bucks.
I have had a situations in which i fold AA for example and i don't know if it was the right call but i realy wanted to be on the profit and waited.

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ah, hard to say.
Depending on the playstyle of your opponents. Like, you know, calling was definitely a good move, I would do the same. This is the thing more of a luck if you get good flop....
But about the prize money and position in tournament :
This game is a gamble. If you want to win something, you have to risk a lot.
I would call it on every tournament, no matter what was the prize. This could be my worst mistake or my best move. I think its best to have everything or nothing :)
Waiting for even better hand would be hard since KK is really strong starting hand.

R

rupa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this situations you can never fold KK.Good play, KK preflop only raise and all in.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The first place was 400$ ....
if u fold that KK ,hard you'll see these 400..
bud luck u have,but u must show KK

Thats true! +
If you will be fold all good hands, you cant win the tournament.

V

vassiriki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to ask an opinion about the following hand.

I was in the 7Starcoins VIP tournament, final table, UTG+2 with KK. and Had around 40BB. The chip leader has 80BB, and I was 3rd in chips. There were 3 shorties (10-15BB). I raise, got reraised by the chip leader went all in and he bust me with QQ. The first place was 400$ and I got 81. I know that this is a clear all in, without any doubts, but how a micro stakes player should react on this situation if I was at the final table of Sunday Storm or Big 11. Should I fold since the 3rd place was almost assured if it was one of this tournament?

no way you should fold it. you are 90 percent the favourite and if you double up you're the favourite for the 1st place but you got unlucky which is also ok. success in poker, as for everything, comes only with patience. play disciplined and you'll get there!

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
I my opinion I called because usually a BigStack reRaise and bluff.

rohankamble9

rohankamble9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with low stack at final table...it is a definitely a all in...if an average pot will raise to 3BB..if there is a 4-bet..again a all-in..

3ccasd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
everything was done correctly

B

Birdman33

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no way u fold your kk unless you are ready to go to bed instead of winning the tournament. Just bad luck

Mymull

Mymull

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well two kings at final table it always very excited moment. All my guts want to see another one king at board. How to play in siyuation like this? It depends out of many factors. As style of play your opponents or how many chips you have.

B

boomeranged

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything that you did was perfect. Also, never AIM for the third place. It should always be to win the thing, anything else should be a consolation prize which doesn't have to be third necessarily. Even if it was WCOOP main event, you should have played it the same way. Don't overthink it, You put your chips in a massive favorite and lost. It's called poker. The important thing is that you do that every single time and you'll be massive favorite in winning them.

leandrette

leandrette

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this well played, I play the same way..sometimes it may fail
but I think that this decision brings more successes than defeats. :)

C

coachlary69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't win every hand/situation, so in this situation you were correct to play your Kings down to the end. Your opponent just got lucky, and/or that's the variance that comes with poker. You're not always going to win with Aces or Kings. I would have played this hand the same way so good luck next time and maybe you're the one busting him instead of the other way around.

S

SHAEH2012

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the poker gods will never bless you again had you folded = P

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Unfortunately, neither KK or AA of course does not give victory over the enemy , but are the strongest pocket pairs and of course they need to play more aggressive . How many times are caught in a situation when the opponent with a big stack moved my pair .

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am also quite often I fail to KK.

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Correct call,never fold KK.

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see a lot of people saying always call on kk preflop. That's wrong it's only a pair and second best at that. There's plenty of preflop situations to fold kk

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you play good,and you are stronger than other player,in that situation you should never fold ,you are juste unlucky.....

S

ssn822

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The final table only the best players , and has no value , or $ 11 coins. Therefore, it is necessary to play equally well for all the final tables . KK push uniquely .

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To me it depends on the payout structure, if you are at the point where the difference is great between the next two places, I would fold to the big stack. Small stack I would call, knowing I would still be alive. If you really knew the pattern of the raiser and 1st place dominated the payouts I would call if his play seemed like a standard position bluff from him. It all depends on your upcoming position at the table ,the number and position of the short stacks below you, and the payout structure.

N

neafana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything that you did was perfect. Also, never AIM for the third place. It should always be to win the thing, anything else should be a consolation prize which doesn't have to be third necessarily. Even if it was WCOOP main event, you should have played it the same way. Don't overthink it, You put your chips in a massive favorite and lost. It's called poker. The important thing is that you do that every single time and you'll be massive favorite in winning them.

Very nice post:). In have never folded KK on a final table, but until now I got to the FT of micro MTT so never folded. But if I was in WCOOP main event, I would have fold them, because I would have the chance to survive and win maybe 50k or 100k or more and for a micro player it's huge.

I will play anyhow some satties to the main event this days:)))

neontuning

neontuning

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You did right! I would all in too.

K

kapos77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
As for me at the final table with the short stack is a pair kk go to Olin ) is not a bad hand , you have somtret on the situation )

T

thalessamuel

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In my vision, kk it's a very good hand in final table. You must be worried to lose the premiation, but this hand on heads up, it's a very strong hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.