Status
Not open for further replies.
B

boomeranged

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With hands like AA and KK, you just want to put your money in, regardless of the outcome. That is a profitable play.

A

AhiRaviv

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ICM

when you are in the finale table the ICM model should be what guides you.
every hand against the chip leader should be played very carefully cause s/he might bust you 50% of the hands.

So it is ok to fold Monsters to the chip leader and just wait for other players to bust in order to climb the payouts.

G

GodlyKing

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all in preflop

I think the best play is to get it in pre flop if possible. or at least be 4 betting given the situation allows it. i don't think there's any reason to be folding at all. if you get unlucky and run into AA so be it

T

timbos fire

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its all about risk and reward... if you really need the additional cash of making it a few more spots up that may change your play to be more catious but if your playing to win you want to get your chips in with the best hand and with KK you gotta expect the guys is looking for an ace and hopefully he doesn't catch... the odds are with your play...

rocknroll0

rocknroll0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all right, just not your day was! hysterical is not worth it

D

DzikMenel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think if chip leader raise, you should go all in and see what happend. KK good hand:):D

D

dimnik9

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
good call...bad beat:mad:

C

Chippyy

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You don't win folding KK that's for sure. Obvious shove. And most of the time you would be chip leader after that. If you wan't to win you make those moves, never play safe.

I

ivandrago

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont change your game because of a bad beat. Remember you acting correctly, making the right moves. Nothing is 100% preflop. You are my hero if you can read another guys set

T

takezo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually go all in that situation. if you too tight, aggresive player become to bet everytime.

A

AndyB1996

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd have called too. You played it correctly, but unfortunately you had bad luck. It was a strong hand at the bad time. Anyway, congrats for your $81! :)

P

Pokagambler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are beat you are beat.That's poker

P

Pokagambler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are beat you are beat.That's poker.just imagine folding kk to kq suited.you never fold there

ahil5000

ahil5000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would like to ask an opinion about the following hand.

I was in the 7Starcoins VIP tournament, final table, UTG+2 with KK. and Had around 40BB. The chip leader has 80BB, and I was 3rd in chips. There were 3 shorties (10-15BB). I raise, got reraised by the chip leader went all in and he bust me with QQ. The first place was 400$ and I got 81. I know that this is a clear all in, without any doubts, but how a micro stakes player should react on this situation if I was at the final table of Sunday Storm or Big 11. Should I fold since the 3rd place was almost assured if it was one of this tournament?

No. It is a silly question! u can't fold KK it's a very stong hand, especially at the final table, even if you play the final table of the Sunday Million. No matter what tournament you play if you have such a strong hand you should use any opportunity that would won more chips and be able to win the tournament.
If u think fold KK u never take 3th place of big11+ :D

N

neafana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd have called too. You played it correctly, but unfortunately you had bad luck. It was a strong hand at the bad time. Anyway, congrats for your $81! :)

Thanks!:). They were good for Sunday in order to register to my favourite MTT's:))

N

neafana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No. It is a silly question! u can't fold KK it's a very stong hand, especially at the final table, even if you play the final table of the Sunday Million. No matter what tournament you play if you have such a strong hand you should use any opportunity that would won more chips and be able to win the tournament.
If u think fold KK u never take 3th place of big11+ :D

:). Thanks for the answer. This kind of opinion I want to see and hopefully you are a micro MTT player:))

You make me change my opinion about folding monsters for ICM reason, and I will never fold KK, at any final table (taking into consideration that my biggest buy in was 109$. T tell you the truth, I never folded monsters at the final table until now:). My only concern is that I don't have the gut to slow play them against LAG's:).

M

mountsun

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KK is a good hand. That QQ won was just luck.

It depends on the # of players left at the final table, your position, and the pay-out structure.

Sometimes it can be very profitable to fold KK if that makes you survive another hand (especially when someone else before you is all-in and called).

But most of the times, in order to win, you got to play a KK.

DMJN

DMJN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bad beat bro, you did everything fine..

Status
Not open for further replies.