***June SNG Thread***

J

jasdell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well with the week over my bankroll has only climbed like 50$... and my ev$ line from my last graph has caught up and now passed my actual $ won line... (it was about 40$ below my actual and now its about 10$ over)... all over this block of 3$ games I only played because I wanted to place on the high orbit leader board. Sigh...

Well, at least I got 24th in the low orbit and 40th on the high orbit which should be another 35$ to add to my roll. But still no top 10 which means I won't be able to play the triple shoot out yet.

It just sucks that I did that well running bad and can only imagine how high I would of been on the high orbit board if I had just run at EV.

Blah... Oh well there's always next week, hopefully I can get a full high orbit block on the Venus level and take a little more cash away with me.

Wow... I wrote that and was feeling all down and sad that this week had pretty much been a poker waste and then I looked at my graph from last Sunday at 12 AM until tonight... Much more encouraging than I had thought, I think running this badly is either paying back what was owed or just building up good luck credit for this week when I'm playing the bigger games. I decided to throw the graph in and i tried to make it a bit smaller this time :)

Week 2 of June graph

Its funny how I only remembered like a 50$ increase instead of a much larger increase that actually happened... I think I've played so much poker over the last few days that it feels like a week since I looked at it and it was only 50$ up. Hmm, I have to remember things aren't as bad as they seem I guess and keep on.

Last edited:
dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You got enough stats on your HUD? :p

Haha! I actually use them all. It's set up like this...

hands/agg. factor
vpip/pfr/3bet
FCB/F2FCB/Raise FCB
Steal/Fold 2 steal/WTSD
limp/limp call/limp fold

I really think I'm gonna try to get rid of the steal line and just work it in there as a pop up since I really only use it towards the later part of the game. But my coach had me add the limp parts in due to me not having them. And yeah, it gets a bit cumbersome. Plus I'm wanting to start adding tables and it will really become a problem then.

And I know what you mean arahel. My last two days have been horrible. Thank God I haven't been able to put many games on though. Seems everyone has been wanting my attention for the last 2 days. I was hoping to get around 20 games up today, but I forgot my niece is being baptized around noon, and a buddy of mine just called before I went to bed last night needing my help with some electrical stuff. I would like to have him wait, but if I do I'll have to spend more time visiting him in the hospital because he's too impatient to wait. He could kill himself plugging in a toaster!:eek:;)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The past week has totally sucked for me. I am trying to be patient and have a coaching session on Tuesday. I feel sorry for my coach - I am sure I am his toughest student ever lol.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So, I admit..the .10 MTTs x 100 is a pretty dumb idea. It was fun for a bit, but I think i'm going to drop them and do 100 x $1 +.10 (1000 capped) MTTs. This way, I'm still getting some good MTT practice in and at least I'll be able to show something for it in the end. And a 1K player MTT isn't that hard at all...if I can run deep in 3K-5K+ player MTTs, then these should be difficult.

I'll aim to start this pretty soon.

...I know this is an SNG thread, btw. (sorry)

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone else win a ticket into the SuperTurbo Step Freeroll on Tilt? little over 10k entracts and 30 minutes in there are only 3500 left. Top 2k get paid. I see Poker Oriface is playing and he has a good sized stack but haven't seen any other names just skimming through.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Okay, got most of my money moved over to FT now. I'm going to use what's left at AB to just mess around with. I might try to pick up some cash game stuff over there so the deal for $10 if you catch me playing cash is off for AB but you can still catch me and make $10 at FT. Figured I'd post this before anyone saw me and it got all messed up.

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
was this a horrible play? lol in a 90man FR sit and go. I have a decent sized stack 7125, blinds are 150/300 25 ante. A big stack just gets added to the table literally hasn't played a hand and it's folded around to him he's small blind i'm big blind, I make a decision if he raises my blind I'm shipping it with atc.

He raises it to 1150 (he has me covered with 26590), and I shove. He thinks a bit and calls and turns over a5 os.. and i shipped it with 3 4 os... i flop two pair and take it down.

Just seemed like a really good spot at the time to get him to fold and add to my stack.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, I admit..the .10 MTTs x 100 is a pretty dumb idea. It was fun for a bit, but I think i'm going to drop them and do 100 x $1 +.10 (1000 capped) MTTs. This way, I'm still getting some good MTT practice in and at least I'll be able to show something for it in the end. And a 1K player MTT isn't that hard at all...if I can run deep in 3K-5K+ player MTTs, then these should be difficult.

I'll aim to start this pretty soon.

...I know this is an SNG thread, btw. (sorry)
I didnt want to say anything... hehehe

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
was this a horrible play? lol in a 90man FR sit and go. I have a decent sized stack 7125, blinds are 150/300 25 ante. A big stack just gets added to the table literally hasn't played a hand and it's folded around to him he's small blind i'm big blind, I make a decision if he raises my blind I'm shipping it with atc.

He raises it to 1150 (he has me covered with 26590), and I shove. He thinks a bit and calls and turns over a5 os.. and i shipped it with 3 4 os... i flop two pair and take it down.

Just seemed like a really good spot at the time to get him to fold and add to my stack.

No, because you don't have any reads on him. Hell, he may be the type of idiot to call you with A5o! Oh, wait, he did that. If you're trying to be tricky at the lower levels, you usually only end up tricking yourself. Just play ABC poker and look for spots where you have good reads on players.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I dont really have too much of an issue with it, but he got 26k chips for a reason, usually because hes been active early and calling/raising bets when he shouldnt be. so im probably just folding... i prefer waiting till i have established that he will fold a good amount to 3betshoves..

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Yes this was a horrible play. You made a decision on your action before he finished his action? WTF IMO.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

You have more than 10M/20bb here, and decide to shove atc against a much larger stack that you have zero reads on? It may have worked out for you, but yeah it was a pretty bad play. Granted his call was questionable too, but you had no significant fold equity here, and he may have put you on an aggressive blind defense. At least his hand had high card and wheel potential -- A6o would have been a worse call.

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At micro SnG's I would almost expect the big stack to call any shove like that with ATC. I don't see how you could expect him to fold.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, ive completed 57 games so far, for someone who set a goal for 1000 games this month, looks like it aint gonna happen again. Mainly due to finding limit holdem, im hooked on the game, and intend to play it for a long while. I find it really enjoyable, you get to see so many flops and hands, and play so aggressively postflop, also helps with postflop skills, reading etc. I never liked the game, i usually play the 8 game rotation for fun, and LHE was my worst game, after learning some basic concepts, it's easy to see why i was losing :D. So ill be completeing my 250 games for the prop bet for this month, then probably taking time off sng altogether to focus on my LHE game. I will be looking to purchase books etc to help me along, may even give DTB a shot :D.

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never really played many sit n gos. been playing some of the multi table ones lately, cuz the micro tourneys are so frustrating. meh not much difference. lolz...

Full Tilt, $1 + $0.10 NL Hold'em Tournament, 60/120 Blinds, 9 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BB: 4,495
UTG: 9,415
UTG+1: 5,965
UTG+2: 8,210
MP1: 4,905
MP2: 4,610
Hero (CO): 4,680
BTN: 6,900
SB: 4,605

Pre-Flop: (180) J J dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls 120, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls 120, MP2 folds, Hero raises to 720, 3 folds, UTG+1 calls 600, MP1 folds

Flop: (1,740) 4 3 5 (2 Players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero bets 1,800, UTG+1 raises to 5,245 and is All-In, Hero calls 2,160 and is All-In

Turn: (9,660) 2 (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: (9,660) T (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: 9,660 Pot
UTG+1 showed 6 A and WON 9,660 (+4,980 NET)
Hero showed J J and LOST (-4,680 NET)

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Not a horrible play, you just have to keep in mind what opponents you're doing it against. In those $3.30 KO SNG's, you really don't have any fold equity against anyone, so those players are probably not the best to play back at. You could probably widen your value range, though.

Well, ive completed 57 games so far, for someone who set a goal for 1000 games this month, looks like it aint gonna happen again. Mainly due to finding limit holdem, im hooked on the game, and intend to play it for a long while. I find it really enjoyable, you get to see so many flops and hands, and play so aggressively postflop, also helps with postflop skills, reading etc. I never liked the game, i usually play the 8 game rotation for fun, and LHE was my worst game, after learning some basic concepts, it's easy to see why i was losing :D. So ill be completeing my 250 games for the prop bet for this month, then probably taking time off sng altogether to focus on my LHE game. I will be looking to purchase books etc to help me along, may even give DTB a shot :D.

don't leave ussssssssssssss! Good luck with the rest of your games, I'll be finishing mine on Friday when I get a day off.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
never really played many sit n gos. been playing some of the multi table ones lately, cuz the micro tourneys are so frustrating. meh not much difference. lolz...

UTG folds, UTG+1 calls 120, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls 120, MP2 folds, Hero raises to 720, 3 folds, UTG+1 calls 600, MP1 folds

UTG+1 checks, Hero bets 1,800, UTG+1 raises to 5,245 and is All-In, Hero calls 2,160 and is All-In

It's a $1 SnG, get used to it. As was said about the $3.30 KO's, fold equity is pretty scarce with a lot of these players.

Looks like a typical micro stakes calling station who got lucky, but you could have saved yourself some chips after the flop. With that flop he's got a ton of outs with his overcard, nut flush draw, and OESD. I'm not at all surprised he over-shoved there, especially given the stakes, and such an AI c/r shows real strength. After he called your 7x pfr I would have put him on at least an ace if not AK or an overpair (a lot of micro donks love to slowplay their big hands), and with such a drawy flop I think I would have practiced more pot control and either checked behind or tossed out a 1/3 to 1/2 pot cbet and folded to his c/r -- what else would he be c/r shoving in this spot? I just don't like busting out with JJ against this kind of board and action. Granted you might have folded 1/3 of your stack (assuming a half pot cbet/fold), but you'd still have 25bb and depending on when the blinds were going up and how much, you'd still have plenty of room to work.

A cash game, especially 6-max, might be a different story, but in a tourney with a vulnerable hand and a drawy board I'd practice more pot control here. JJ is one of those hands that look really good, but in reality are pretty vulnerable if you don't hit your set and the flop comes scary.

Then again, I'm probably over-analyzing a $1 SnG. Just my $0.02, I'm sure some would disagree, and I'd be interested in hearing what others have to say.

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I always ask myself "what is the caller's range?". In micro's I can pretty much guarantee you that anybody that stays in a hand has at least an Ace. The only time I deviate from that assumption is if there are more than two callers - but most of the time, one of them has Ace-anything.

You got your money in good, but it wasn't as good as it could have been with all the draws on the board - including double ended straight draw.

Variance sucks. Mid-game, I had KK on the button last night, got all-in on an uncoordinated flop with bigger stack UTG +1, he flipped over 88 and the river was... an 8 of course. I shut it down for the night.

One to two outs is still larger than zero in percentages. You will at some point always run into that variance. Take a deep breath and remember that everything resets with the next hand (or next SnG in my case).

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fun times slummin' at the 2.25's

full tilt poker $2 + $0.25 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t60/t120 Blinds - 8 players - View hand 757069
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

CO: t3372 M = 18.73
BTN: t5500 M = 30.56
SB: t1684 M = 9.36
BB: t1230 M = 6.83
UTG: t2383 M = 13.24
Hero (UTG+1): t1680 M = 9.33
MP1: t2300 M = 12.78
MP2: t1589 M = 8.83

Pre Flop: (t180) Hero is UTG+1 with 8 8
UTG calls t120, Hero raises to t480, 4 folds, SB calls t420, 1 fold, UTG calls t360

Flop: (t1560) 6 7 8 (3 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets t1200 all in, SB raises to t1204 all in, UTG calls t1204

Turn: (t5168) A (3 players - 2 are all in)

River: (t5168) 8 (3 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: t5168
SB shows A J (two pair, Aces and Eights)
UTG shows K 9 (a flush, Ace high)
Hero shows 8 8 (four of a kind, Eights)
UTG wins t8
Hero wins t5160

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gz gimme some of your run good
I don't have enough to spare, sorry. :p

Went on to win that SnG. HU lasted all of one hand. I was super-stacked over villain, he had ~10-11bb left and had been extremely aggressive, so I expected him to get it in with pretty much anything. He makes a 2x raise pre and I call with 83o, flop comes 8Q8. I check, he shoves with AQ, I snap call, he proceeds to call me every name in the book for calling with 83o, LOL.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How bad is it to limp in behind a habitual limper in MP with speculative hands like AJo? I've been getting in spots like this a lot and would like to know everyone's opinion. I have faith in my post flop game and can let go of hands when need be, but I feel like I'm missing some spots I could be making chips.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How bad is it to limp in behind a habitual limper in MP with speculative hands like AJo? I've been getting in spots like this a lot and would like to know everyone's opinion. I have faith in my post flop game and can let go of hands when need be, but I feel like I'm missing some spots I could be making chips.
When the Big bet isn't a fair chunk of your stack, like, 50/100 blinds and you have 1500 chips, you dont really watn to be limping at that stage. but 15/30, its fine to limp behind with Aj type hands

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
^^^ Does the limper tend to fold to raises or is he a station? Have you caught him slowplaying monster hands by limping? I find a lot of micro players love to do this, bless their hearts.

Against limpers I'm usually isolating with AJo from position, but I'll also make the occasional call here hoping to either hit the flop hard or bluff from position if they check, figuring any bigger ace is going to raise pre. I'd also be more prone to call against multiple limpers, especially loose ones. I'm of the opinion that open limpers should generally be punished, either preflop or postflop, so if I'm in a pot with them I'm usually taking the lead and hammering them unless a read tells me otherwise.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When the Big bet isn't a fair chunk of your stack, like, 50/100 blinds and you have 1500 chips, you dont really watn to be limping at that stage. but 15/30, its fine to limp behind with Aj type hands

Yeah, I meant to put that I was talking about the smaller blinds up to like 30/60. I'm a little more cautious once the blinds get bigger.