***July SnG Thread***

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tried the table ninja(trying) it won't sign me up for tables but will keep re-buying. but im having a few issues with it. it won't click "ready"(no biggie). but even though i click auto buy in if full it doesn't. so after some grinding i notice some tables drop as i go. and the "focus" issues seem to be worse when i use the ninja. guess i print the chart now while it's still good.

Attachments

• july.JPG
    july.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 136
dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Card, I've noticed the same problems since the update. Not sure I want to use it until they fix that. Nice graph, btw.

P

Pavster

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can anyone lend me a time machine? I need it to be June again. I liked June. June was good. July not so much. July is hell.

I'm going to go away and cry now.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
June sucked - you can have it lol.

I broke down and played 6 sng's at PS last night - had a winning session. It was my first sngs since June 18th.

I am so addicted lol.

J

jasdell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Starting a little late on this but I'll get on it... hopefully.

1) Maintain silver star status.
2) Win lots of money
3) Cash some of it out

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Took me 14 hands to finally get this guy knocked out after he just sat out! I really get frustrated after 13 hands, but this took the cake.

Attachments

• damn sitters.JPG
    damn sitters.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 109
W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow 200 hands, do you play non turbos?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have played 24 now and doing okay so gonna try to stick with them if I can. I will have a coaching session next week and see what happens.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wow 200 hands, do you play non turbos?

Yes, and for a while they were horribly slow to me. But after playing them for a while, they don't bother me anymore.

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Took me 14 hands to finally get this guy knocked out after he just sat out! I really get frustrated after 13 hands, but this took the cake.
Why you get frustated?.

Is nothing better than the other is sitout when are HU, you only need to raise every hand and keep getting the blinds, but is sure money, is a lot worse when the other player is there and go allin everyhand.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Losing 14 hands in a row to a sitter that is taking up time working on another SnG is frustrating. Period.:mad::p

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It feels good to play poker again, I'm stacking 8-tables at the moment. I wouldn't be playing right now, but I got stranded all alone in my camp with no car, haha. Sooooo time for $$$.

P

Pavster

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow. What a month. Just been through a 38 game losing streak (tell a lie, 2 min cashes).

The good news is:

I'd been running really well and I'm still up on the last 6 weeks.

I had well over 100 buy ins and still have (just).

Won number 39 and can't really describe how good it felt.

My goal for July is now to get somewhere close to break-even for the month. May be a little ambitious.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good luck Pavster and welcome to our thread!

P

Pavster

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hopefully will be contributing a bit here.

Realised a couple of months ago I make all my profit in SNGs and then donk it off in tourneys.

So decided to start trying to do some more volume and focus on 2 table $16 turbo SNGs (hence the variance!).

I'm still running above what I think is an achievable ROI so more fun times to come.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been on about a 100 game break even streak. And this is after a 100 game losing streak. So I know how you feel.

But things are starting to look a little better as of late.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Okay poker gods. It's funny and all that you give me good hands and let me get it in good just to know that they are going to suck out on me, but do you really have to do this on the river almost every time? Can't the suck out be enough without the salt to go in the wound?:rolleyes::mad:

full tilt poker $5 + $0.50 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t60/t120 Blinds - 4 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

Hero (SB): t2825 M = 15.69
BB: t5350 M = 29.72
CO: t965 M = 5.36
BTN: t4360 M = 24.22

Pre Flop: (t180) Hero is SB with Q A
2 folds, Hero raises to t300, BB calls t180

Flop: (t600) A 3 7 (2 players)
Hero bets t480, BB raises to t2100, Hero raises to t2525 all in, BB calls t425

Turn: (t5650) J (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: (t5650) J (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: t5650
Hero shows Q A (two pair, Aces and Jacks)
BB shows J A (a full house, Jacks full of Aces)
BB wins t5650

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In that situation, now, im not being results orientated here, but it's a situation where i like to try and control the pot, were never really folding the hand, but im definately checking that flop, it's really pretty dry, barring the flush draw, so theres little chance of giving free cards to draws. so id probably take a check/call line, hoping to get to the river cheaply. I only say this as there is a shortstacker present. In this exact situation he probably gets us to put it in anyway. And also the other thing is we pick up some value from hands that we otherwise wouldnt, and from bluffs etc.

i know you didnt post it for HA, but oh well.

Also, going on breakeven stretches for 100 gmaes is going to happen pretty often, in fact your probably going to go on breakeven stretches for 500-1000 games a fair amount of time. You just have to stick in there, play well, review etc and you will be fine.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the HA actually. That probably would be a better line there, but like you said, it's probably going in anyway. I felt I was good on the flop and I was, but the poker gods have been having a lot of fun doing this to me lately. I'll get through it.

And if you ever again tell me that I will probably go on 500-1000 game break even stretches again, I will slit my wrists after gouging out my eyes!:p

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In that situation, now, im not being results orientated here, but it's a situation where i like to try and control the pot, were never really folding the hand, but im definately checking that flop, it's really pretty dry, barring the flush draw, so theres little chance of giving free cards to draws.
Wiz, I respect your game -- you're no doubt a better SnG player than I -- but I feel like disagreeing here. The flush draw is very much there, regardless of otherwise dryness, and to be giving free cards in that scenario is a bad idea when we actually have what is most likely to be the best hand. Barring 33 or 77 for the set, we would expect a preflop 3bet from anything that likely beats us (and even some that don't, like KK/QQ/JJ). In fact AJ is exactly the type of hand we want value from here, so a decent sized cbet is good for both value and to protect our hand against the draw. I think dg played it pretty standard here.

OTOH I'm reminded that $5.50 SnGs are still pretty flush with fish and the concept of ranges & correct odds to call are lost on many of them, so there is something to be said for pot control with only TP. Point of example, the other day I shoved KK on a dry flop (was pot committed) and was called by J3d (only one diamond on the flop too), who proceeded to go runner runner J3. This was at a $26 SnG, btw. :rolleyes: I had to LOL...

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know it seems funny, and if theres one more player im getting it in too. I just don't like to risk my tournament in these spots, if he has AJ, were getting value from it regardless id imagine, in fact, were getting value from any ace. I just don't want to bet this flop, as the only real threat is random flushdraws... i mean, how many outs do we expect to be giving players here? if he has any pocket pairs were giving him two outs. if he has an ace withwhatever kicker, we might be giving him3 outs. sure, on occasion, he may just have a flush draw here, but it's very unlikely.

Im by no means saying he played it badly, im just pointing out, that with the bubble situation, there may be an alternate route. We still get value, we give free cards, sure, but im happier to TRY and play a smaller pot. Im never folding here, but ill try to not go all in by the river.

So, really, we may be sacrificing a little value, but we pick up value from bluffs, and we keep the pot smaller, and avoid getting it in risking our tournament, when we have nearly 3 times as many chips as the short stack. Im pretty sure it would be a mistake, while a small one, to get it in here vs a flush draw. We hate flipping on the bubble, pre or postflop. id have to stove it, we probably have 60-65% here. not sure though.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Quick update, it's about halfway through the month and I'm on track to get bronze Ironman for the first time ever, which is sweet.

Just finished up a 16-game session where I was tired but wanted to finish grinding out the points for the day, was making some bad mistakes early but managed to grind it back into a profit. Kinda proud of that, actually - normally I'd just go to bed and hell with the points / volume... can anyone tell why I've never made Ironman before? :p

Puts my SnG results at +$257 after 218 games for the month. Here's hoping the next couple of weeks are as good.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dang, what games you playing Oz? Hope the run continues, and you get Ironman!

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oz, good luck but beware the Ironman chase, LOL. I've made it a few times, including a couple of Bronze and Silvers, and I did get Iron last March when I played about 40k hands of 25NL & 50NL ring. Don't ask me what it cost me, though... :(

I tend to play better when I'm playing at my leisure, not because I feel like I have to. Which is why I don't think I could ever turn pro, even if I was good enough to replace my salary. Knowing I *have* to play when my heart or mind isn't in it seriously affects my game.