dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Question:

I now have 50 buy ins for the $5's on tilt. I also still need to buy SnG Wizard. Which should I go for? I'm leaning towards playing the $5's but if you all think it will help me out enough, I'll go with Wizard.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Too bad you can't have my sng wizard - I never use it anymore.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Question:

I now have 50 buy ins for the $5's on tilt. I also still need to buy SnG Wizard. Which should I go for? I'm leaning towards playing the $5's but if you all think it will help me out enough, I'll go with Wizard.

I'm voting for the sngwiz. It's the same game imo from $1s to the $10s. If yoy study enough icm and know what ranges make certain spots plus or minus shoves it's only going to help you become a more solid player over all. If you do get it let me know I can show you a few thing that helped me learn.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm voting for the sngwiz. It's the same game imo from $1s to the $10s. If yoy study enough icm and know what ranges make certain spots plus or minus shoves it's only going to help you become a more solid player over all. If you do get it let me know I can show you a few thing that helped me learn.

Could you possibly do the same for me? Lol, I just picked it up today, I've used the trial version and know a little about it already. I just don't know how to pick out the trouble spots, other than looking for the checkmarks etc., and I'll probably need some help with ranges too.

And WiZZ, I would be happy to look over some HH's of yours, but I don't think I could make myself available through Skype, the internet here is too poor and I don't think I could sit down for that long with things being so busy here.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Could you possibly do the same for me? Lol, I just picked it up today, I've used the trial version and know a little about it already. I just don't know how to pick out the trouble spots, other than looking for the checkmarks etc., and I'll probably need some help with ranges too.

And WiZZ, I would be happy to look over some HH's of yours, but I don't think I could make myself available through Skype, the internet here is too poor and I don't think I could sit down for that long with things being so busy here.

i'm cardplayer52 on skype just add me. i'm trying to grind like mad for today and tomorrow but after that i'll find time for sure. oh and if you got teamviewer5 or mikogo that'll help too. you can download the free versions of those. also do you have HEM?

billdogg

billdogg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ugh, I can't squeeze out a win lately. I did go 4 for 4 tonight though, all 2nd, so I can't complain too much.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have just downloaded the trial of SnGwizzard as well. I did it at a bad time, cause school vacation just started and my daughter will be getting a lot more of my time than usual. (Which, BTW, is totally cool with me, I have the best daughter in the world). But thats cool with the trial, I am gonna buy it anyway, dont know why I am even bothering with the trial, but there you go. I will be posting questions, and so far I am not really seeing how to use it. I took a quiz, and had a green check mark next to every question I answered (only 5 so far, and my answer was Push to every one..lol), but dont know what that means. I am slowly working my way through the tutorial, but if anyone has links to any good webpages on SnGwiz they would be appreciated. I am going through their website as well, and they do have a lot of good info.

I have skype and teamviewer, but have so many leaks in my game, I dont think it would be a +ev move for me to critique anyones game but my own at the moment. When school starts again, I would be happy to communicate more over skype, and would welcome any one who wants to put their 2 cents in on my play. Ill be happy to do the same, but see above before you decide to let me lol.

I need a better understanding on ICM (I guess SnGwiz will help here) so any links etc relating to this also appreciated.

My biggest problem is putting people on hands. I have seen a small improvement, but I am wrong so much, its frustrating.

Anyway good luck all, and cardplayer52, is your offer above good for me as well?

And again, to Patrick, thanks for your help, I will be looking for you on skype.

I am Fletchdad on skype, if anyone wants to add.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fletch - don't use the quiz part - it is not good and will hurt more than help. And you really shouldn't use sng wiz at all until you understand it completely - it can give you very bad advice if you don't know how to adjust your ranges.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I pulled off what I thought was going to be impossible. I recovered from my nasty swing at the beginning of the month to actually show a profit. Not a good one, but still a profit.:dancing2:

Attachments

• July Graph.JPG
    July Graph.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 31
fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fletch - don't use the quiz part - it is not good and will hurt more than help. And you really shouldn't use sng wiz at all until you understand it completely - it can give you very bad advice if you don't know how to adjust your ranges.

Thanks for the HU on the quiz. I wont be using sng wiz at all till I understand it more, and have been warned by WiZZiM as well about the dangers of using it wrong. I will be approaching it cautiously, and will be posting here and in other threads as I go on. Im not in a hurry, so I will be asking lots of advice before I try to venture off on my own.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I agree the quiz can screw you up. I do use the quiz to help me with my calling ranges. I set it up in the options for a certain # of players mostly bubble spots(min. 4 players max. 4 players) and set it for only calls. this way you can know if it's a good or bad call given the villains range(which is often crazy). Then when that spot comes up in a game I'll know I can call if villain is shoving wider than X% etc. But for the most part I'll set a filter in HEM for # of players and # of big blinds. eg more than 4 players and 10bb effective stacks. Then I'll copy and paste all those hands into sngwiz and study all the actual spots I had a push/fold decision. This helped me really know why and when to shove 10bb(or other size) stacks. And when I say study I mean I change almost every variable I can think of stacks,calling ranges, hands etc. I will also look at the equity of the lowest hands in the push range vs the equity of the highest hands in the fold range and try to note the difference. I try to learn all I can about that spot then in a game I find i'm less lost and can make a better more informed decision instead of guessing. If I do have to guess in a game I'll make sure I mark those hands and study those spots after playing.

--oh my offer is good for anyone interested. it's cardplayer52 on skype just message your from cardschat.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Month's over for me... so to review:

1 - Play lots: 436 games = probably the most I've ever played in a month. Woo.
2 - *shrug*: Yep, really nailed this one.
3 - Profit: Managed this one too.

I'm trying to make bronze Ironman for the first time ever this month as well: ...and managed this one, though only just. Suspect it'll be a lot easier when I start getting more $12s into the mix.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My goals for July were...

-Work on my tilt issues (been having a horrible couple of weeks and it's showing sucked at this one, I think it got worse:eek:

-Quit trying to mix in $5 games and just stick with $2 games until I beat them did great here. did play a few $5 games, but that was because I was getting close to being able to move up (bought SnG Wiz instead, so still at the $2's)
-Play 75-100 games per week blasted this one out of the water! I'm now easily capable of playing 150 games per week. Great!
-Have several good sessions with my coach about my post flop game did quite a bit of work on this and it's showing. I still need a lot of work though.

Here's the August SnG link.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. be more active in this thread.--was hoping for more content HH's, strategy talk, less fluff
2. try to work off most of my ironman mid-year bonus.(atleast>2/3 of it)--almost cleared the entire thing
3. review the prior days sessions for leaks before playing a new session.--not even close on this one. i need to find sometype of pregame routine to follow though
4. go for a "gold" ironman medal.--made gold
5. study itm push/fold spots in SNGWIZ--i was planning on 3 good study sessions for this but after first one realised it wasnt as much of a leak as i thought
6. as im review my sesion maybe watch how some of the "regs" play and make any notes on them i can use later. eg leaks,betting tells, ranges etc.--i did a filter to regs i had the most hands on then watched all the hands that went to showdown. i picked up some betting size tells on most of them and got some idea of their ranges. how sweet is was seeing thm in my games the next day.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Month was pretty bad really, mixture of playing badly at first, then correcting my mistakes, so hopefully next month will be better. I've narrowed down most of my bad points and hope to correct them during this month. I suppose it's a small sample size, but it's still a bit worrying and i have a lot of work to do on my game in the month ahead.

Oh, and to add one last quad hand to the record :D

Attachments

• $EV.JPG
    $EV.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 6.50 march.JPG
    6.50 march.JPG
    155.5 KB · Views: 27
cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm cardplayer52 on skype just add me. i'm trying to grind like mad for today and tomorrow but after that i'll find time for sure. oh and if you got teamviewer5 or mikogo that'll help too. you can download the free versions of those. also do you have HEM?

Thanks, will add you. I've got mikogo, I had downloaded tv5 a while ago, not sure if I've uninstalled it or not. Also, I have PT3, not HEM, :frown: