How often do you play all-in preflop with AA pocket pair

AlexsandrM36

AlexsandrM36

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello colleagues)))! I would like to know your opinion on the tactics of playing with a pocket pair of aces. Is it always going all-in, or is it better to try to hide the strength of your hand?
I recently played a freeroll at poker stars where I lost with pocket AAs. Moved all-in preflop. Some crazy answer with 78o hand. Of course he won with two pair.
On poker sites, these situations are quite common.
Much the same story happened when I played Omaha PLO cash tables. My AAs never won. I lost my entire bank.
PS In my opinion, live poker is much more honest. It seems to me that poker sites are a scam.

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I just play all in pre flop if I got less than 15-20 big blinds, than I would shove with AA.

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It always depends on the situation, I always call all-ins, but I do not initiate it (occasionally I do, for sure) but usually I play it just as a usual open bet, I 3 bet for sure, but all-in is just not poker, you know??? get called by 24 s and loose and your day is done ;)

P

pepomjp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello colleagues)))! I would like to know your opinion on the tactics of playing with a pocket pair of aces. Is it always going all-in, or is it better to try to hide the strength of your hand?
I recently played a freeroll at Poker Stars where I lost with pocket AAs. Moved all-in preflop. Some crazy answer with 78o hand. Of course he won with two pair.
Much the same story happened when I played Omaha PLO cash tables. My AAs never won. I lost my entire bank.
PS In my opinion, live poker is much more honest. It seems to me that poker sites are a scam.

I usually make a 5bb or 3bb depending the opponents and if I get a reraise I go all in.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In freerolls and micro always 100% all-in at any depth, if the table is adequate, minraise in the hope of getting a 3-bet

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I go all in with aces when there is a high probability of getting a call, and a bad beat can always happen, the main thing was my decision was correct.:)

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recently played a freeroll at Poker Stars where I lost with pocket AAs. Moved all-in preflop. Some crazy answer with 78o hand. Of course he won with two pair.

It would have been better suited, but I have heard that it is a great hand to go against AA. I won't do it myself....

Going all in with AA is usually not a good idea, you are treating it like a bluff trying to steal the blinds. If someone bets big then that is different, then I would go all in.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In Omaha, the 78o is a lot better hand than AA. When playing Omaha the better hands are the ones that have two flush draws with two straight draws, one high or middle and one low. The more "bases" you have covered the better. Biggest reason is you have two extra cards, and so do your opponents. Pairs are less likely to hold up, even if you flop trips you would have to look for straights and flushes.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

Too often, beginners who lack the skills and experience consider online poker a scam. Those players who lack patience and discipline will always look for the problem not in themselves but from the outside.
Either way, no one is forcing you to play poker.

AlexsandrM36

AlexsandrM36

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In Omaha, 78o is a much better hand than AA. When playing Omaha, the best hands are hands with two flush draws with two straight draws, one high or medium and one low. The more bases you cover, the better. The biggest reason is that you have two extra cards, just like your opponents. Pairs are held less often, even if you have trips on the flop, you will have to look for straights and flushes.

Thank you for your answer. I know that the best hands in Omaha are straight draws and flush draws.
In my post I was interested in another type of poker, namely Hold'em Poker.
Good luck, friend !!!

AlexsandrM36

AlexsandrM36

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Too often online poker is considered a scam by beginners who lack the skill and experience. Those players who lack patience and discipline will always look for the problem not in themselves, but in the outside world.
In any case, no one is forcing you to play poker.

Hello Elena! Thanks for your reply. Very informative). After that we will be able to be friends))) ??? Be sure to write. I'm looking forward to))). Good luck with the game !!!:D

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello Elena! Thanks for your reply. Very informative). After that we will be able to be friends))) ??? Be sure to write. I'm looking forward to))). Good luck with the game !!!:D

Yes, we can be friends with you. But provided, if you do not plan to borrow money from me and will not ask me to share the password.

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always type in chat 'giving away free money', then shove all in. It never works.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Depends on the table. Always going to raise, Will go all-in against loose players who have shown they like action.

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never understand people who go all in preflop, most times you won’t get called and lose great value. (Under 10bbs is acceptable)
Any hand you play should be bet the same, whether 2-7 or AA,
3x is standard,
there is always factors like position, stack sizes, opponent tendencies, and players left

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I never understand people who go all in preflop, most times you won’t get called and lose great value. (Under 10bbs is acceptable)
Any hand you play should be bet the same, whether 2-7 or AA,
3x is standard,
there is always factors like position, stack sizes, opponent tendencies, and players left
Hi Mic, hope all is well.

I'm with you and prefer to not shove, but there are times that you know you will be called by the table fish, I take a stab with a shove in those situations, most times I'm correct and get the call I was expecting.

:ciao:

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are at least 3 different topics in this post, so lets take them one by one:

Optimal preflop strategy with AA
In general AA should always be raised or reraised preflop, since it is after all the nuts, and putting in chips with the nuts is always +EV. However that does not mean, the optimal strategy is to move all-in, since it depends on, how many chips are in the pot already. If we start the hand with 100BB, and we are first to act, then open shipping for those 100BB is not a very good strategy, since good players are just going to fold, unless they have KK or the other AA.

So you should just open to your normal sizing like for instance 3BB, but if someone then puts in a 3-bet, you should 4-bet and get more money in the pot. With 100BB starting stack a 4-bet is still not all-in though but maybe something like 22-25BB. However if you are playing something like a freeroll or a play money game, where people are actually bad enough to call a 100BB open jam with random hands, then it would in fact be the best way to play AA.

Should AA ever be slowplayed preflop then? If you never do it, its not going to be an issue at all. But if you are playing against very good opponents and want to use the most correct strategy, then there are situations, where AA should be slowplayed. This is mainly, when you defend your blinds with a short stack like 18BB. Then AA should go in the range, that just call, because its still easy to get the chips in postflop, and it keeps your opponent in with a wider range. But against bad players, who call way to much, it will be better to just ship it in preflop.

Did you make a mistake because you got unlucky
You give an example, where you went all in with AA preflop, got called and lost. You then apparently see this as an indication, you should have played differently. But this is complete and utter nonsense. The goal in poker is not to win the hand, but to get the chips in with an edge. So you got the perfect result here, and you should be over the moon with excitement, that he called with 87o. There is sooooo much of this results oriented bullshit in poker forums. People whine like little babyes, whenever their aces got cracked or they suffered some other kind of bad beat. But they never worry or complain about the same hands, when they win them. Stop being one of those cry-babies and take the game and yourself serious.

Is online poker rigged
Short answer: No. If you fail to win online, its because, you are not taking it serious enough, which your post certainly indicate. Or you are not putting in enough volume. There is variance in poker, so nobody can except to sit down and play 5 tournaments and then always show a profit. Thats just not how the game works.

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It really depends on my stack and my table position. In general, I play all in pre flop when I am short stack.

T

tiefgang23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
many types of playing them, every situation should be otherwhise played, especially in bountytournaments, if a smallstack shoves with arround 15bb , u should just flat that some others go over the call to get the bounty and u crush them with your AA , yeah if u get 3bettet and u are in position, u should just call and slowplay them and let him barrel. So many types of playing them, just watch some Twitch content/ youtube and try to pick up as much study as u can

MC_asp

MC_asp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will often place a 3BB to 5BB preflop with pocket aces. Pre-flop all in with a sufficient amount of chips is not recommended as you could lose a large part or all of your stack against a hand 27 that hits two pairs.

If you place a bet pre-flop with pocket aces and based on the flop there is no great chance of a flush, full house or straight, you can raise again. However, it all depends on your own stack and how your opponents play. Try to analyze this well.

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
i making jam all in pre flop with AA when got a 10 - 15 bb, in other situation i normally open x2bb-x3bb and waiting to call allin 3bet.

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Mic, hope all is well.

I'm with you and prefer to not shove, but there are times that you know you will be called by the table fish, I take a stab with a shove in those situations, most times I'm correct and get the call I was expecting.

:ciao:
Zorba, all is super well and super busy
I hope you’re doing marvellous and staying well, I sure do miss you and others here, I’m trying to stay active again now👍
Maybe I should shove a few more hands🤔might actually take you out one of these times;)

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I shove all the time preflop. No non sense if I get beat its on bad luck but not on bad gameplay.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
For me it depends on the players who are at the table, how the tournament or the table is developing, and as they say it depends on many factors and on each situation, the stack, the bubble, taking into account these factors and how the game is developing At the beginning of the play I can decide what to do, other times it depends on the players that are at my table, if they are aggressive or passive, if I see that I can take advantage of those cards in a certain way, but that does not mean that I will always win with AA Play it all-in preflop or not

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To get some profit you must do right moves and your opps must do mistakes.
So if you have AA and open all-in, opps who call you do mistake, your play is profitable. Than if you loose, it's not your mistake, it's bad beat only, and this will be very rare by maths.

But if you play your AA slowly, especially in cheap game, your opps can call your usual open raise with any two. So if opps get hit on flop, but you stay with AA only, you can be trapped, if not fold, and this is your mistake now.

So if you don't want to mistake postflop, do right move pre.