How often do you play all-in preflop with AA pocket pair

E

effece

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All in pre flop depends on different factors, the number of players that enter the hand, what phase the tournament is in, how many blinds I have as a stack. in general I prefer to make a raise to try to get more value out of the pair

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I have less than 10 big blinds, I will go all in. Otherwise, I raise about 2 bb more than my regular raise.

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
Hello colleagues)))! I would like to know your opinion on the tactics of playing with a pocket pair of aces. Is it always going all-in, or is it better to try to hide the strength of your hand?
I recently played a freeroll at Poker Stars where I lost with pocket AAs. Moved all-in preflop. Some crazy answer with 78o hand. Of course he won with two pair.
On poker sites, these situations are quite common.
Much the same story happened when I played Omaha PLO cash tables. My AAs never won. I lost my entire bank.
PS In my opinion, live poker is much more honest. It seems to me that poker sites are a scam.

this is just the normal variance of the game, if you have the chance of going all in pre with Rockets every single time you will win

Pocket aces win 85% of the time against one opponent holding the random hand in Texas Holdem. Although the percentage varies greatly depending on the opponent’s hand and the number of opponents. 85% is the odds to win when AA goes all-in preflop

Happylake

Happylake

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello colleagues)))! I would like to know your opinion on the tactics of playing with a pocket pair of aces. Is it always going all-in, or is it better to try to hide the strength of your hand?
I recently played a freeroll at Poker Stars where I lost with pocket AAs. Moved all-in preflop. Some crazy answer with 78o hand. Of course he won with two pair.
Much the same story happened when I played Omaha PLO cash tables. My AAs never won. I lost my entire bank.
PS In my opinion, live poker is much more honest. It seems to me that poker sites are a scam.
Hello to all poker fans! With АA, I try not to go to olyn before preflop. Too risky. The probability that someone will call you and win is 54/46%. Make a 3-4-5 bet and wait for the turn, that's where olyn is already. As for honesty, the whole world rests on the illusion of goodness. You also cheated on someone once, right ;-)

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

it is a very low frequency but it exists in some spots. You have to keep in mind that poker is always about situations and has a huge range of factors and nuances that can make a very rare line necessary to use. That's why poker is such an intriguing and interesting game (or sport)

The exact frequency with which you should do this is not important, the important thing is that you feel what you should do depending on each moment, how is your image? would you be paid for worse hands in your image? why do you want to call obviously.
:)

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would have been better suited, but I have heard that it is a great hand to go against AA. I won't do it myself....

Going all in with AA is usually not a good idea, you are treating it like a bluff trying to steal the blinds. If someone bets big then that is different, then I would go all in.

I agree, there are min raises up to 12 bb depending on the opponent's table, stop encouraging shovy ...:).

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I can and will go all in preflop with aces when short but rarely when deep stacked.If the other player pushes all in I call happily though. As for the online poker scam comment, no it is not. If you track your hand your playing you will see it works out to be about the time you would expect. To be fair, most people play 100x more hands a year online over live. Of course we will seem it and remember it more online over live.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Almost always. I was punished many times for playing it slow because some guy bought a two-pair or something.

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA allin

HELLO DEPENDING ON THE TYPE OF TOURNAMENT I CAN PLAY ALL IN PREFLOP I TRY NOT TO DO IT AND I DO PAY IF ANOTHER PLAYER DOES IT.

M

Mr_Nuisance

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As far as cash games go, playing for all of the money preflop when you have AA is ALWAYS a profitable move, no matter what your opponent has. Having said that, you should not just rip it all in if your opponent has shown no aggression, but raising is a minimum that you should do. Slow playing aces can lead to catastrophic outcomes.

As for playing AA in tournaments, almost all of the same rules apply, except bubble and ICM implications now start to come into play. In a cash game, if you lose with AA, you can just put more money on the table. In a tournament, if you get a bad beat against you, you are out of the tournament if you lose all of your chips. Having said all of that, you should still play aces aggressively, but if you are near the cash bubble or near an important ladder up, it might be wise to not play for all of the money unless you are effectively nutted up, or if you are short stacked and might miss the bubble if you don't double up.

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always go all in with them have best chance to win pre flop then up to the rng.

J

Jkj19886

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In Holdem it's depends on position,blinds etc. In PLO Omaha AA isn't nearly as strong. Unless u got suited connectors as other 2 cards it's better not to just shove like u would in Nlh as your prolly gonna get multiple calls and then your screwed. Now when the blinds get crazy AA isn't as bad as most everyone will fold to the raise

S

StressMit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only when I'm "Heads Up" in tournament play

C

cowboybebop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Evrytime that im able to lol. Theres not one reason in the world to fold AA preflop.

J

joschua_zimmer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
allin AA

I always go all in with them have best chance to win pre flop then up to the rng.
i dont think thats a good play in the most times.
I prefer the allin only if you have less chips then the other players

kkuk

kkuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I quite often go al in with a couple of AA not preflop.

T

To6Po6

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
all most every time i try to get as much as posible chips from my oppnents with AA!

J

jj6m

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if pushed into it, i wouldn't go all in as an opening bet, normally try to as many interested in the pot as possible for the flop

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So much how I get Aces I am trying to struggle out ALl In from my opponent

funnyhook3

funnyhook3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if less than 15 bb/ or if someone has already opened first

BlackIce

BlackIce

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recently played a freeroll at Poker Stars where I lost with pocket AAs. Moved all-in preflop. Some crazy answer with 78o hand. Of course, he won with two pair.

My advice would be is to keep trusting the aces especially heads up and play them slower with like 3-4 in the hand. Kenny Rodgers says it all (every hand is a winner every hand is a loser. Don't try to justify that you had the better starting hand, play a tight ship and eventually you will get the guy who plays stupid. He might a won this one, but he'll lose 9 outa ten times doing that. (*On the scam part, slow down you're playing ,ACEKING, Pockets are not instant winners and when you have kings and a guy push all in with ace on flop, give him the benefit of the doubt and fold. Live to see another hand, if I play with that mentality, I am usually unstoppable. My weakness is beer and then I feel invincible, plus freerolls and micro tourneys are crazy online. Also, take notes on players, it will help in decision making later when you're stuck in a position that's tricky. STAY SOBER:smile::angel::icon_bigs

VikyGia

VikyGia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi

I think you should make a pre-flop raise, but it all depends on your position, and you're on the button, you raise, if you're in a bad position you raise but not so much so that they can call you, leaving with all the chips is if you're in a bad position and with few chips.