How often do you play all-in preflop with AA pocket pair

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How to Play Pocket Aces - I was involved in a discussion on a poker forum once about how to play pocket aces preflop in Texas Hold'em Limit. I usually clean with AA in early position in a tournament because I want someone with pocket tens or better to raise after me. So I can reraise them all or make money on them. My friends on the poker forum said I was crazy, but I still think I'm right. I've seen poker authors say that a pair of aces play alone because they are such a strong hand. But every hand can face some discussion and thought, and even though AA will only come in 1 time in every 221 hands, it's still worth talking about. I'm going to present some different opinions on how to play AA below. (As I have already shared my opinion expressed in the paragraph.) John Vorhaus - Aces slow play, go to hell John Vorhaus is one of my favorite poker writers. I've read all of your killer poker books, and I plan on re-reading them all again this year. Over at Ultimate Bet, he's written a few preflop strategy articles, and one of them is specifically about playing big pairs preflop in No Limit Texas Hold'em. Vorhaus offers 3 reasons not to slowplay aces: When you slowplay pocket aces, you let bad hands see the flop cheap. It's hard to put it in a hand, and most people, having a pair of aces, will play the flop aggressively, no matter what their opponents bet. As long as you let him see the flop cheaply with your bad hand pre-flop you are likely to throw all your chips in and get beaten. Pair aces are favorites to win a pot against 1, 2 or 3 other players. But if you have four or more people in the pot with you, a pair of aces are no longer favorites, raising preserves your advantage. Getting money into the pot by raising with aces is a likely way to make the pot big. If you don't put money in the pot, then you're not building the pot.

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hello colleagues)))! I would like to know your opinion on the tactics of playing with a pocket pair of aces. Is it always going all-in, or is it better to try to hide the strength of your hand?
I recently played a freeroll at Poker Stars where I lost with pocket AAs. Moved all-in preflop. Some crazy answer with 78o hand. Of course he won with two pair.
On poker sites, these situations are quite common.
Much the same story happened when I played Omaha PLO cash tables. My AAs never won. I lost my entire bank.
PS In my opinion, live poker is much more honest. It seems to me that poker sites are a scam.

I only play online poker so your post is very interesting to me.
At PLO8; I seem to always lose with pocket Aces.
And even at no limit Hold'em going all in pre-flop is risky with poker Aces.

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Getting it in preflop is usually the best play with AA. However, there's some situations where it's might be better to slowplay. For example, a very aggressive player who'll bluff it off his whole stack or when you know that other players will squeeze raise you so you can get even more money to the pot.

A

Ac3 Meister

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends alot . If i am playing a tournament I will be certaninly play agresive and shove all in.If im in he midle of the tournament i migh slow play the aces.But if i find myself in the last stag of the tournament I will certainly try an trap ppl. You should always try and play with the opponents mind and trick him.

L

LOKIE77

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every hand I can if the opponent are willing to get it all in I want to be heads up with just one other opponent in the pot then I'm an 82% favorite to win.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its not the same losing with aces in omaha than holdem because even a hand like aakk double suited against 6789 is only 60% ahead preflop. so in holdem it would be ideal to go all in preflop against 2 or even 3 other players with aces, however in omaha you should expect to hit the nuts or at least a strong hand in order to win.

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker

Whether or not to play all-in pre-flop with pocket aces always depends on many factors, including the composition of the players at the table.

pasha poltava

pasha poltava

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
if I play AA I always get outbid :(

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will always all in pocket aces, there is like an 80 percent chance I lose if I don't. I tried several times slow playing, I always am so unlucky that one person at my table always out draws me. So that's why I will always go all in preflop, that's how I have learned to do.

razarach_xD

razarach_xD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aces ? How does it look like ?
.. I always want all in, just depends how will I realize it...
with 50+ BB stack .... is a raise ...
bellow 20 BB stack ..... is all in......
between is GTO...
:)

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hello colleagues)))! I would like to know your opinion on the tactics of playing with a pocket pair of aces. Is it always going all-in, or is it better to try to hide the strength of your hand?

I like to raise big with aces. When you lose with them you lose big, but that's poker. I don't play cash anymore.

C

CaioBandeiraGomes

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
All in but...

With AA most of the time it's all in, but in some cases it's better to hide and try to get as many chips as possible.

theoxy

theoxy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In freerolls and micro always 100% all-in at any depth!

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the action before hand. If pot is already 4 bet an allin could easily be a possiblity, especially as stacks decrease.

speper

speper

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
all in In all cases, there is no discussion for me

N

Niykk

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always all-in pre-flop AA, KK, QQ etc. if 10-15 BBs and need the blinds.
Otherwise limp, wait for a squeeze and then go all-in.

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I may not have much poker experience, but I almost never see a situation where it's not worth going all-in preflop with pocket aces. If you are in an early position, then you bet a large position, if the effectiveness of the raise, then definitely goes all-in, if a short stack, then immediately all-in. If in middle or late position, it's always a big raise, or 3.4 bets or all-in. All such options.

Vegas77

Vegas77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
If I'm in the bubble, I don't do it preflop unless my intuition is screaming at me, or I'm so far ahead of everyone it wont matter if I lose :cool:

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the opponent is a fish or plays a narrow range of hands, then I go all-in

ScoobyNL

ScoobyNL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NL
Chips
What a question, it is always raise, re-raise and if possible i like to go preflop all in.

Why should you slowplay AA ?

During EPT pragh i saw a player limp AA and he loses on flop, turn and river his entire stack.

If he raised preflop who would not get call but he might be still in the tournament.

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If I have less than 20bb then it's all-in.

ObiwanJ

ObiwanJ

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll always try to all in with pocket rockets, gotta risk some to get ahead and on average it pays well.