How often do you play all-in preflop with AA pocket pair

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not as much as I used to. At least not online. Maybe from late if there is an aggressive player behind me or just to try and look like I am attempting a steal. Seems like when I shove either everyone folds or they get cracked a large percentage of the time. Slow playing might up your chances of losing a bit, but I seem to squeeze out just as much overall. When I do lose at least I live to fight another day. Also I don't limp in. I still lay down a healthy bet to get rid of the riff raff.

scottychase

scottychase

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not as much as I used to. At least not online. Maybe from late if there is an aggressive player behind me or just to try and look like I am attempting a steal. Seems like when I shove either everyone folds or they get cracked a large percentage of the time. Slow playing might up your chances of losing a bit, but I seem to squeeze out just as much overall. When I do lose at least I live to fight another day. Also I don't limp in. I still lay down a healthy bet to get rid of the riff raff.
I really like your way of playing the AA. Most new players think AA can't get beat and I see it happen all the time. Even with me when I first started playing cash games at a live poker room I hated seeing AA in my hand because I knew I was gonna shove and I was gonna get beat. I really had no clue how to play AA! Now I'm more experienced and I choose my battles with AA wisely.

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In freerolls, it is a good idea to go all in with aces pre-flop, even in the early stages. In freerolls, your opponents play very loosely. If you only raise with your aces, you can hardly thin out the field. And even with aces you look old against 4 opponents because your equity falls below 50%. Therefore go all in preflop with your power hands in freerolls. There is always someone who calls. Things are different in tournaments with buy-in. People don't want to waste money that's why the players play tighter there. Here I would only raise with aces. With that you can thin out the field.

romullostts

romullostts

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Nunca foldo AA,KK,QQ,JJ, AKs, AKo, AQs, AQo. quando tem all-in pré-flop, com essas mãos eu não largo nunca rsrsrs, sempre atolo sem dó nem piedade.

blef121

blef121

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
rarely with AA I immediately go allin there was no such AA for me to just raise

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing all-in with AA only with a short stack.

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
90% of the times on 6+ tables l, then cash out if I have a good stack.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
I go all-in pre-flop with AA only if someone is already all-in. If not then I call or I make small raise.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
In spin and go every time i have pocket pair and on the button everyone else folds before I can even make a bet (soo annoying, I always think I've been hacked :) )

In a tournament it depends on my position but I'll likely call or min raise unless someone else has gone all in/covers me

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It depends on many factors. In general, I think less than 50% of the time.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it all depends on the situation and the dynamics at the table, and with AA, of course, you should try to overclock the pot as much as possible on the preflop and try to make fewer players watch the flop or go all in, since the value of AA can significantly decrease from a large number of people in the pot

fedkov

fedkov

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
A normal push with AA, it makes sense for us to enter the bank under conditional three or four opponents if we can safely pick up the chips.

Akuana

Akuana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In freerolls, I almost always go all-in to knock out as many hands as possible. Otherwise, on the flop, someone is bound to hit a straight or a flush, and I'll be left with my two aces.
But anyway, I lost very often with AA and it hurts me to remember it))

Ilgiz

Ilgiz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Almost always. It all depends on the game.

A

Acadien07

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pocket aces caught it 3- times!

Hello colleagues)))! I would like to know your opinion on the tactics of playing with a pocket pair of aces. Is it always going all-in, or is it better to try to hide the strength of your hand?
I recently played a freeroll at Poker Stars where I lost with pocket AAs. Moved all-in preflop. Some crazy answer with 78o hand. Of course he won with two pair.
On poker sites, these situations are quite common.
Much the same story happened when I played Omaha PLO cash tables. My AAs never won. I lost my entire bank.
PS In my opinion, live poker is much more honest. It seems to me that poker sites are a scam.
Caught it 3-times yesterday and won 3-times but was scare especially the third time sooner than later you will lose with pocket aces! Me I play different way depend the situation I like when a players go all in before my turn to call theirs no way! I would not call! But you know as well as me theirs no safe hand especially before flop ! Best of luck with AA!;)

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

If I have control I don't go all in. I want to improve my hand. Most of the time online, I'm forced into it by other players. To many times I'm forced all-in and get sucked out on by a smaller pocket pair, a flush, straight or even 2 pair when I don't help my AA. It happens time and time again.

blef121

blef121

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always go all-in with AA, even if I lose it's not scary because losing will be worthy)

N

Nik990

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the stage of the tournament, on the players nearby, and so on, but in general, everything in AA is normal and I often do this)

pandafreeroll

pandafreeroll

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Almost never, actually. Unless I'm short in a tournament... Otherwise, chances are you will mostly get folded on and miss out on a lot of equity to be realized. But it depends very much on the table: if there are loose-aggressive players around, I will often limp or even limp open to either back-jam to a raise or see a cheap flop with much better pot odds. If the table is tight, slowplaying aces too slowly can get very ugly when the board gets flush and/or straight draw heavy, but it's still better to make a tight fold then rather than shoving preflop and get a suckout to handle.

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Almost never, actually. Unless I'm short in a tournament... Otherwise, chances are you will mostly get folded on and miss out on a lot of equity to be realized. But it depends very much on the table: if there are loose-aggressive players around, I will often limp or even limp open to either back-jam to a raise or see a cheap flop with much better pot odds. If the table is tight, slowplaying aces too slowly can get very ugly when the board gets flush and/or straight draw heavy, but it's still better to make a tight fold then rather than shoving preflop and get a suckout to handle.
Nice play!!

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I often go all-in :joyman: with Aces on preflop, to less players were at bank, and therefore
this growing up my chances on flop, turn and river...:rolleyes: The all are simply! :smile:

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All in ???

Hello colleagues)))! I would like to know your opinion on the tactics of playing with a pocket pair of aces. Is it always going all-in, or is it better to try to hide the strength of your hand?
I recently played a freeroll at Poker Stars where I lost with pocket AAs. Moved all-in preflop. Some crazy answer with 78o hand. Of course he won with two pair.
On poker sites, these situations are quite common.
Much the same story happened when I played Omaha PLO cash tables. My AAs never won. I lost my entire bank.
PS In my opinion, live poker is much more honest. It seems to me that poker sites are a scam.

I am not sure about your scam comment although at times I have felt that way, however, going all in with AA?? why? realistically you'll probably chase the opponents and win a whopping few BBs, playing realistically, ie some pre flop bet and continuation if your AA holds up you'll most likely make a lot more...:):):)

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
only game if available with few chips! AA pair is not guaranteed to win

ATL2000

ATL2000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the micro tourneys and freerolls that I usually play, you can pretty much play your AA very fast and get someone to call off light more often than not.

As the stakes increase, a little tact is required if you are going to get maximum value for your aces.