How often do you check?

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never care about the number of players - until late registration has closed. It is useless information.
Once late registration closes I open the lobby and check who is in the top 20 - regs, good players, aggro players etc. I keep the lobby open until I win the event or bust.
I do this out of habit mostly, all the info needed is provided on a separate tab in the chat box area. But the important info tab does not update real time - it updates after every hand, so by having the lobby open I can have instant stat feedback.

ASHUKPOK

ASHUKPOK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi!

I make a check in two cases.
If I'm not sure which hand my opponents have, or when I want to trap them with a strong hand.
In other cases, I either call or raise it.

stampide

stampide

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Too often, but a i like controll everything

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I check all the time, especially near the bubble.

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think everyone is checking, I wonder how things are going:deal::deal::deal:

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't check the first two or three hours of the game, then once an hour, constantly on the bubble)

R

Royal9012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was wondering how often you check to see how many players are left in a tournament? Or do you not check and wait till you know you're in the money? I myself find I check way too much.:confused:
I check all the time!

adriantempo

adriantempo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
In pokerstars it's right on the table, it's okay to check constantly in a new tournament, or if you're close to a prize or very deep in the tournament.

I play mostly the same tournaments and I already know how long is it and how fast players get out.

On unibet some tournaments have expected lenght of time stated.

Most tournaments I play are short, all under 3 hours.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I only start checking after an hour of play, then I keep checking and if I’m going to do an all in eye first. not to get out of the bubble. Hahahaha

Vivaly

Vivaly

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Although this information can be seen right behind the table on PS. I like to watch the stack graph.
But yes, too often. And in the end something like: “Have we arrived yet? And now? Have you arrived? Have you arrived? And now?":deal:

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

Probably to often when I get in cheap and don't hit anything on the flop. I like to check when I have a killer hand and let others bet it for me. Don't get enough killer hands though.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the chat window at most sites I can display the stats instead of the chat window. It tells me number of players, my position, largest stack, smallest stack, average stack. So it's always there right in front of my.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was wondering how often you check to see how many players are left in a tournament? Or do you not check and wait till you know you're in the money? I myself find I check way too much.:confused:

much more in higher stakes tournament than low stake or freeroll... :)

dorivaldojr

dorivaldojr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes when I have a pair and hit a set on the floop I check to deceive my opponents and raise by winning more chips !!

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This thread Is perfect!

To collect statistics of how many people read the post, and how many just read the title. And thats a thing i was thinking about - don't make the title self explanatory. Leave somthing there so people get involved into conversation not just leave some opinion on somthing.

I

icunicu83

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I check more often if I am only playing 1 or 2 tables at that moment.
If it is late, and I don't want to start up any more tournaments, I will usually open all the tables when they get down to 3 or 4 so I don't have to check often and I can watch the whole tournament for all-ins and monitor small stacks, etc.

Yesterday, I was going to go all-in with kk on the bubble, but since I saw 2 other small stacks shove on other tables, I was able to wait out the hands so when I was busted with A4o I was in the money. To stretch it out, I went all-in except 1 BB so I can get another clock when I was raised all-in. I wouldn't have folded, but I might not have stalled if I didn't have the tables open.

O

ofiv

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I check more often then c-bet, that is for sure, unfortanely,

P

Pibo1797

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use to check the flop when i'm not in a good position and see what the oponents do

M

majestic_ruler

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I check often since I’m a beginner.

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i probbably check a lot than a shhould. one reason it is that i have no faith in online poker. when i play live poker i play totally different than online. for example online i will never reaise with AK AQ because in the end i always loose. the other player always hits trips, flush etc...

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I dont normally check the standing until about 10 minutes before the 2nd break to see how many people are going to cash and where I am compared to the average stack. Other than that I dont really worry about it.