How often do you check?

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Viewing the lobby determines the strategy of the game, I often look at the number of players.

J

Jutt315

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when..

I like to check when i think have the best hand to try and bait the other player.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends, if i think me betting doesnt get me value at all
so i'll check that often to get paid (hopefully)

on draws maybe aswell, cause if i bet 4000 and he raises high i couldve maybe checked and if he bets then i could possibly see a cheaper card instead of me betting so there the check comes in play aswell.

so often i check..

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I check the lobby periodically and I also appreciate it when they have a stats window or stats displayed on the table which some sites have.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I constantly check who goes first and in what position I am, I try not to stay too far behind.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I check frequently around the bubble and at times have missed out hands I’d normally play because of it.

cathi1962

cathi1962

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I check to see how many people are left in the tourney a lot too! It helps me to just hang in there and be patient if I want to win some of the pie!

Last edited:
bra01

bra01

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me to watch it every 10 minutes and then when the bubble time comes I will keep the lobby open....

cathi1962

cathi1962

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How often do you check

I don't think you can check to see how many players are left in the tournament too many times. I believe this can be used as a very useful tool to aim for your goal of wining something!
I was wondering how often you check to see how many players are left in a tournament? Or do you not check and wait till you know you're in the money? I myself find I check way too much.:confused:

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
I always check but not very often it is to be able to see the behavior of the other opponents since when one enters the itm bubble several players try to steal blinds with bad hands and it is a good opportunity to grow the stack of chips

cathi1962

cathi1962

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How often do you check

Do you really consider this a habit? I guess if it's interrupting you to check, then maybe you could challenge yourself to only check it when the levels change, or when we have breaks.
this is a crazy thing, I practically check it from hand to hand and it really disturbs my game, sometimes I close this information, but then I open it again to see how many are left ... a habit that disturbs me a lot!

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I check in the beginning or when the late registration is closed so that i know where the paid places start and adjust my game to it. After the bubble when i am short stack i sometimes check when the next payjump is.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you really consider this a habit? I guess if it's interrupting you to check, then maybe you could challenge yourself to only check it when the levels change, or when we have breaks.

it is true, I will try to do that, very good your advice, now it is possible to reprogram the brain, iOUEH OIUAHE oiuHE oiUEH OIUEH OIU make the habit different !!!

Thiagon

Thiagon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I separate a tournament into several stages and adopt different strategies for each stage.
So it is always good to know the number of players. But I don't like to know my position.
When we are not well positioned we can feel pressured and end up making wrong decisions.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I often check what my place is in the tournament to understand how to play more aggressively or not.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also usually check how I stand in the tournament and how many more we are.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Well ... I usually check when I get closer to the bubble or to the awarded positions ... it is important to know minute by minute if I am going to be among the awarded positions ...!

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I turn on the information function and everything is visible...

Swat1197

Swat1197

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it's tricky strategies in my head)

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rarely pay attention to this if the tournament is not important to me and often if it is. At the moment, many sites give information directly to your table about the remaining players and even your current stack position.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its not how often you check, but why do you check, usually to trap. that would be the only benefit of checking.

L

luki_jakdo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not checking very often cause its better to play agressive in my opinion :rolleyes:

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not sure how checking would correlate to trapping but I check to see how many players are left, who the short stacks are, and who is out. I have a side bet with a few players about who lasts the longest and want to know when they go out.
I get nothing from this information except to know when near the bubble.
two tables
ScreenHunter 1022 Oct 30 2055
one table
ScreenHunter 1153 Nov 07 1823

P

ProfessorGrind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I typically just have the details open in the chat box - so I can see what position I'm in, how many to ITM, etc. Helps me when multitabling so I can quickly see what the tournament status is.