How many tournaments can you play at one time.

J

Jeister

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
more than 20. but only if I am not distracted by anything else. YouTube, social networks are as distracting as possible. the ability to concentrate is one of the most important in a poker game.

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also play no more than four tournaments at a time. I lack attention to play More tournaments

AVLuke

AVLuke

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Similar to a lot of replys I like to play 4 at a time to devote proper attention to the game. I have gone up to 9 but it is too much for me to remain profitbale.

demodawggy

demodawggy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am GUILTY of slowing up some games due to playing too many at once...

Ideally 3 games is a comfortable number for me,....but on SOME days,...there are just too many lucrative freerolls in addition to my regular array to just let them go....BUT...

...I've also learned from Phil Hellmuth that procrastination is also a strategy that seems to throw some folks off their game thereby causing them to make bad moves...!:)

ironduke11

ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me I try not to play more than three or four because it makes the pressure on decisions a lot higher...
plus you cant effectively scout the players tendencies if you aren't using a hud

James_Harrison

James_Harrison

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heres 6, I could easily do 12 if i had another / bigger monitor, but i dont think that will happen anytime soon.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 29
Mortis71

Mortis71

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5-6 limit... auto pilot abc at this point

3-4 comfy here... a lil focused playing

1-2 The Zone..... Beware!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Initially it was just ONE table.
After a few years and many games, I would play 10 to 12 tables for MTT's & sometimes more for cash games (full ring)

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Maximum at the same time I can play 3 tournaments, so as not to create discomfort to other players. I don’t like to play more than 2 tournaments at the same time, I start to rush and because of this I very often make the wrong decisions. I hope that in the future I will gain experience playing more tournaments at the same time.

ironduke11

ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
playing more than three is problematic because you cant fully assess player patterns

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When play mtt that would not lose concentration when playing a long game spin and go. This has a positive effect on the game

waynecorts

waynecorts

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How many

I think it one time I'ma black Chip poker I had four tournaments going at one time hard to keep up with but got it done

swoopdonk

swoopdonk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A better question would be...How many tables can you play WELL at the same time. Peace.

James_Harrison

James_Harrison

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A better question would be...How many tables can you play WELL at the same time. Peace.

Probably 4-6, without resizing down to a ridiculous level. Just what i can see on my screen. If the value is there (freerolls and micros currently) ill register to whatever is available though if i remember to.

playing more than three is problematic because you cant fully assess player patterns

I dont think 4 is problematic. You are definitely right about note taking, any more than 4 i just forget about typing a note. But.. in the rare instance that i play in more than 4 tournaments at one time i think its ok.

Last edited:
theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play between 4-6 events concurrently without misstep. Up to 6 layout perfectly on my main monitor. I do have another 21 inch smaller monitor - where I keep lobbies open.

I have never been forced to neglect one event because I'm running too many at the same time. Mostly I'll play 2-4 paid events and have 2 other freerolls up.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I 4 because they are the ones I can be seeing on my screen, if I could see more than 6 or 8 at most

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can play 3 tournaments at the same time. But the ideal is 2 tables.

Sometimes i will start 4 tournaments, but then i will set one to sleep on auto posting blinds, until i out of one of the other.

C

canfoldaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can do 4 but not good playing with it. I can't focus haha

S

shebandowan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
anywhere from 3 to 6 depending on the type of tournament

D

Dougwant

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play 4 Max

If I play more than 4 screens block each other or pop up over each other. Some probably play more.

Freeman748

Freeman748

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi) I am comfortable playing 4 tables at the same time, sitting at my 22 inch monitor))) these are mainly tournaments!

0cean

0cean

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I loved this:
When you're dead. You don't know you're dead. It's only difficult and painful for others. The same applies when you're stupid.

0cean

0cean

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
always 2, sometimes 3. I would play 4 but my screen is too small.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can play up to 12 tables when I play 45 player sit and go's where are some very bad players and softer game, tournaments 1-6 tables but usually 4