How Many Tournaments Can You Play at Once?

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually i can play 4-5 tourneys,max 10,i did feel most comfortable with 4 tables ,but 1-2 table already boring.

L

Littledutche

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to stick to 1 I would like to be able to do more but I want to stay focused

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play in four tournaments, of course play difficult, but very interesting

deform fedot

deform fedot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me the game at 2 tables is exactly what it takes. 1 table turbo, and 2 hyper turbo.

Andrei Nesterenko1

Andrei Nesterenko1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
usually I do not play more than two tournaments at once

O

OgnianMikov

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
At the peak of my session I reach up to 15-20 tables of both MTTs and SNGs. Although, I am quite experienced and use 2 monitors it's still a bit overwhelming. The good thing is I play like 60-70% turbos and soon the tables drastically drop, so I normally play up to 10 as the session develops.

F

FreeDom1998

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can play 3-4 tables (MTT) at the same time, this is still my maximum :)

miric007

miric007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was trying to play 3-4 tournaments at the same time but I can not keep track of the other players, so I only play 1 tournament

T

Tittan84

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If to play attentively, I can play one tournament. And here if only on the card to play, I can also five - six.

SprMnd

SprMnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ussualy play 1-2 tourneys at a time. I tryed to play 4 or even 8 but it is very diffcult to stay focused and remember all mine and opponents moves. When you play more tables at a time it does not mean you win more money.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play up to 4 at the same time to preserve the quality of decisions. Could play more, but worse, the quality of decisions

damgold

damgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play at maximum 2 more than 2 lock everything agrees with me?

K

Klito

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Multi tabling tournaments is a good idea to keep patience while playing poker tournaments I play 4 tables at once

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for now, 1
for zoom/snap that seems fine
for regular it's a bit slow, but I need too much time to think to play 2 at the moment
...something to look forward to
With double the income, or double the loss, the idea I guess is higher income per hour (up to x*; with x the number of simultaneous tables), or just less waiting.

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While i have a MTT session i go up to 12 games, and keep this count untill a bunch of tournaments start running really deep. Then i keep it at 9, depends how i'm feeling aswell. It can get prety hectic sometimes though, as i play 6-max and 4-max MTT's often for a big part on my schedule. I feel more relaxed with 9. Keeping them at 12 for many hours is prety intense for me still, but totally worth it because most of it is early stage and i usualy don't need much time for a decission at this stage. I do really like having nonstop action during a session, it keeps me concentrated and motivated rather then 3 tabling and not having to play a hand for a while sometimes.

rsimms

rsimms

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to keep it to a minimum and read while I play or watch a poker stream if the game is too slow, mind you I haven't been grinding hard online lately. It is important to 'pay attention and it will pay you', but online boredom/impatience can get you making stupid decisions so one thing I have read is that if you play STT, if you start get close to the bubble, start up another STT so you can balance the slow beginning with the hard and fast ending of the other one. Also if you're a hesitant about shoving, even in places when you know you should, having another STT fired up makes it easier so you can fall back on your new game if you lose.

J

JohnCoffee90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you are new and not that comfortable and sure in decisionmaking, 2 tables is enough.

If you‘ve studied and know what to do, play as much as u can keep up with. I play 12 max

C

Cazador twd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can play up to 4 at a time but it is better to play 2 for pay more attention to the tables

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I regularly play between 8 and 16 tables at once.

I can do so pretty comfortably for weeks at a time playing many hours a day.

Its tough tho!

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never more than 2. Any more than that and I lose focus and may make mistakes.

bekel285

bekel285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
8 mtt's or 3 hu matches+1mtt
For a lot of last year I was playing 8 at a time profitably but ive realised that 6 at a time is more profitable for me. I'm tracking my results now to try and work out my optimum number of tables which may take a while given the variance of mtts.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

PokerTraveler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
maximum was 24 at once, but need know that roi from this playing much more lessnow playing 4-8 tournaments, its ok

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
12 tables fit on my screen, but I played max 20 on 3 screens. But this has not much to do with poker, it-s just clicking where it beeps first.But now I can handle 4 tables well at the same time with different stages (Start,ITM, FT), or even 6. Not fully concentrated, but not making mistakes by "not knowing where I play" Although during the Freeroll today (6 tables open), I went all in with my last few chips in the 4000 trailer, but I wanted to go all in on another table. As both werent important to me, that may happen.
Sure it is best to concentrate on one table, but sometimes I open some new tables, only because the tight table I-m playing on is that boring that I could play hands I shouldnt.Most important is, that you put important games in front and the other ones smaller or change your avatar, mark them somehow :)

PS> sometimes I play only 3 and watch a movie besides :)

Last edited:
M

Manifestor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
normal and comfortable number of tournaments for me is 3!

Djmickre

Djmickre

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually i do not play more than 4 tournaments at once.