How Many Tournaments Can You Play at Once?

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Max played 10-12 MTT, and 23-27 set & go.

M

Mike D_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One tournament, that lasts no longer than 4-5 hours, can't stay focused, get bored and lose patience.

Boltun

Boltun

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if it is a MTT then I play 5-6 tables

PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only 2 tables is the best for me..

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the maximum number of tournaments I can play in a single time and in average of 5 tournaments more than all are regular because it is easier to reason the plays of each one and to act in the right time!

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play no more than 2 tables, if there are more, then I start to get lost and get confused.

N

ngk80

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not good idea to play more than one. If you want to do something you need concentration.

Trick1988

Trick1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2-3 tournaments at a time, more tournaments are distracting, sometimes you do not do what you want to do.

M

microse

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t see much value in multitabling MTTs. Play one higher buy in tournament or if you are comfortable st the buy in level you’re at, just stay there. But it would be better to play one FT with all your focus than play badly in two FTs and get low places. Play well, play for first and play with all your focus and you’ll do better and I think find a better overall ROI.

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can play 6 tournaments at the same time , and if I had a better computer with a large screen etc I can play more but for a full concentration the ideal number of tables is just 4 , I can focus better and do less mistakes ... and if you want to play more tables better use a HUD it's very helpful to recognize better your oppenents.

S

Samuel Kollapso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
game average of 4 to 6 tables per section, more than that loses focus.

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
f

Hello.I can play 3 tournaments and be focus .If i add more i will loose control for sure.Its better for me to play max 2 tournamets at the same time ...so i can read players and be 100 % focus on the game.

NoPlace4U

NoPlace4U

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can play up to 4 tournaments at a time, anything else i lose focus.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if its freerolls I will have as many as 7 or 8 up at a time but even with two monitors its hectic and not the same kind of game. I much prefer 2 -4 games at a time. And if I am paying for the buyin no more than 3 at a time

A

aleogura

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can play in up to 3 screens with maximum concentration!

glafef

glafef

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
usually i play 2 but sometimes i play 4., never more.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can play 7 Sit-n-Gos at one time.Other than that I can do 3 MTT's at most without losing quality.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually I play in one. But sometimes it happens that I want to play in 2-3. A couple of times I played 4 times at the same time, but nothing good came of it.

L

lyndap

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What quality to you gain from playing multiple tables

I tend to focus on 1 or 2 at the most. i feel I may miss tells or table interactions. But if you are winning go for it.

chisel

chisel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in perfect situation I play 2 tournament. ANd I can play 4 easily. But if I play 4 tournaments simultaneously I can not collect some information. So in perfect it's 2.

U

ucdengboss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t see much value in multitabling MTTs. Play one higher buy in tournament or if you are comfortable st the buy in level you’re at, just stay there. But it would be better to play one FT with all your focus than play badly in two FTs and get low places. Play well, play for first and play with all your focus and you’ll do better and I think find a better overall ROI.
I agree that your ROI will drop as you play more tables. 2 or 3 should not really hurt your ROI but 6 or 7 will. It becomes a simple math exercise... is it better to be 6% on 8 tables or 10% on 3 tables?

eidikos

eidikos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi!
i have played 10 tournaments at the same time but 4 at the same time is the best for me.
with 4 i can play my best game to all of them

N

Neol0107

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can only play two tournaments at once, you need to have a lot of practice and a lot of talent in poker to play more tables