How Many Tables Do You Play?

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am just playing live poker, so I can only play in one table but if I had the chance to play more than one I would play in 3 tables jumping from one to another hehehe.

Last edited:
JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in MTT I can play 4, and feel comfortable as long as I have a HUD offering me reads. Without a HUD, I can play 2 comfortably, and still able to short hand notes on players. without getting behind...

Now for cash, I can get into .05/.10 tables and run 12 to 15 no problem. Cash just gets boring to be cause ABC poker is good enough to make money, but I feel my returns aren't as satisfying as cashing in tournaments 50% of the time. Even though my profit is able the same.

S

SuperPwn

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anything more than 6-8 tables and your play will start to suffer greatly, IMO.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Previously, the optimal number of tables for me was 2-4 but recently I can play quite well up to six tables !!!

veritasi

veritasi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
mostly i play 4-5 tables, the biggest quantity that i played the same time was 15, but it was too hard for me, i couldn't normally analize tables thats why i've got ITM only in 2 of them

E

Edvin55555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately, i'm able to stay focused only playing 1-2 tables.

Poma Lekain

Poma Lekain

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to play 4 tables, if less, then I don't feel comfortable. Previously played 8-12 tables easily.

swannymojo

swannymojo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When i'm playing cash games. I can't play a quality game with any more than 4 tables. maybe a couple more when i'm playing tourneys. How do some grinders set up pre-determined actions when multi-tabling 20+ tables? I had no idea that was even a 'thing' or even legal?

Players can set up a 'player profile' on some sort of software where their decisions are pre-determined/made by a computer? Sounds like thats how 'bots' would work right...which theoretically are illegal on every poker site that i'm currently aware of.

swannymojo

swannymojo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played up to 12 when I played tournies and sng's - but found that 4 was optimal for me to still make the best decisions.

Dakota, what information/factors brought you to the conlcusion that 4 was the optimal amount of tables for you to play on at a time? Do the stakes of the tournament play a factor here?

I ask as I'm trying to figure out how to answer to those questions myself.

A

audacity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I generally like just one.

I recall Doug Polk suggesting not to multi-table and just to focus on one.

I sometimes MAY do 2 tournaments, if I'm in a long tournament? I might load a short sit and go or turbo.

A

aj43615

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i try to play the least ammount of tables i can....but i do like to play atleast 2 so I don't want to play shitty hands being bored of folding alot....but I lose focus if I play to many at once...

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
there are people who do have that ability to play multiple tables at the same time, if they do it is because it can, for my part it is complicated to play many tables at the same time, maximum 2 or 3, if they are more complicated so a slow tournament

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Two

Two tables at the same time is my favorite.I don't have to rush my decisions when playing only two tables. For me two tables is the best.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they should be very fast tables but 40 and up to 8 it seems to me exaggerated so that you can win I think it is difficult and 4 tables the maximum that I have played are 3 tables and I go crazy luck greetings:confused::eek::tomato:

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to play no more than 4. Over that and I feel I am bouncing too much.

R

RDSIV023

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play 2 but 3 at the most at one time....

R

RDSIV023

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree 2 is a pretty good comfortable speed of play... In my opinion.

Gamebreakr25

Gamebreakr25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
View attachment 163441
how many tables do you play simultaneously?
I see there are players who open up to 40 tables at the same time,I can not understand what the decision parameter is when we have so many tables playing at the same time
we can even put a predetermined action, but the question is:
will we keep our attention on every table without losing focus on a move?
I managed to open at most 8 tables, my mistake was to open them in turbo format, I believe that when we open more than 4 tables, the format should be slow, so you do not lose focus of the game.

For you, what is the highest volume of tables open at the same time?
When you play multi-table, can you make a more profit, or only make volume without much financial return?
The most I have ever played is 4 at a time. I prefer 1 or 2. I like to be able to watch the other players closely. To each their own. Multi-tabling has never been for me.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My maximum is 3 any more I struggle.:):):)

Zhubiitis

Zhubiitis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play 2 - 6 tables mtt its okey I think More I cant play my game

vavilen_

vavilen_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Increase the number of tables need to gradually! I started with 2 now feel confident for 8 tables at once! no longer allows the screen size of the computer!

Pokericon08

Pokericon08

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Too many

I play in 4 or more tables at times. Mostly just if that many freerolls run simultaneously. Playing multiple tables helps me usually if I'm playing 2 or 3 because I get plenty action between the different tables and don't get impatient.

L

Lord Foma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
View attachment 163441
how many tables do you play simultaneously?
I see there are players who open up to 40 tables at the same time,I can not understand what the decision parameter is when we have so many tables playing at the same time
we can even put a predetermined action, but the question is:
will we keep our attention on every table without losing focus on a move?
I managed to open at most 8 tables, my mistake was to open them in turbo format, I believe that when we open more than 4 tables, the format should be slow, so you do not lose focus of the game.

For you, what is the highest volume of tables open at the same time?
When you play multi-table, can you make a more profit, or only make volume without much financial return?

I get to play up to 4 of the table, I tried a couple of times to play more than 4 tables 6-8 do not get a normal game start to get confused.