How Many Tables Do You Play?

T

Tricktappic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play 12 cash game tables at once. It's taken me quite a while to be able to play this many tables, and as you can imagine, it does get hectic. I use starshelper to tile me tables into 6, then i stack the other 6 on top of them. I use the right mouse button as a hotkey to switch to the next table, and i use another button on my mouse to quickfold. I will say this though, 12 tabling is def not optimal. You have to play like a hyperactive robot and sometimes it can be soul destroying to know you may have made a terrible play due to the lack of time you have. Not only that, but it actually hurts my hand really bad lol i get cramp just below my knuckles and a dull ache when the session reaches a few hours. I play soley full ring, as i think my head would explode playing this many tables 6 max.
There are definetly positves to playing this many tables, but there are also negatives. Imo, the balance is around even for me but have been thinking about moving back down to 6. My bb/100 is 8.6 at NL micro over 87,000 hands 12 tabling. My last 17,000 hands have been break even, and i firmly believe this is because of the amount of tables i play. Whatever the amount of tables you play, just have a solid strategy, have everything you need close to hand, and act quickly. Good luck!

AMTF1988

AMTF1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can easily play 2 tables at a time, 3 at a push. I find if more pop open due to pre-registered tournaments I can't cope and crash out in no time. I find it's a challenge playing different games but I can manage Omaha Hi/Lo and Hold'em at the same time, with blackjack running I the background... It's an experience like none other thinking "I can double that" on a poker hand

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
one screen on my computer holds 4, but, I hardly ever play over 3. Can't concentrate on any more at a time.

viniciusamrs

viniciusamrs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything depends how much money u can spend in poker and how much experience did you have. Because nothings metter if you have a good bankroll (deposit) and don't even know how to play poker, nafe metter. You need combination of 2.

Stepgov

Stepgov

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
max 2.

When first opened up 6 tables at the same time...
tenor.gif

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
max 8 tables, 2-3 tables usually, I think if I play more, I loose interesting at poker

gertjan

gertjan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm going crazy with that much tables i played on 4 tables most of the time
now days 2 or 3 :p

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tried to play on 4 tables. In my opinion this is optimal for the game.

Diegol

Diegol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maximum of 6 tables, i can't play more

aurafm

aurafm

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
maximum of 2
I think it loses all the fun playing more than that

K

Kingcooper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This makes me look at everybody in a different light! haha

I play no more than two tables ever and start to stress because it doesn't leave me time to think. I'd much rather sit in one sng and focus on being number one rather than sit in a few and hope to bubble

bmw13

bmw13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think 6 tables is the perfect way to maximaiz profits and to have an control over the tables.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2 of the table. A maximum of 3. More - just hard.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel that I’m able to focus on 4 tables optimally. Obviously, I can play ABC and autopilot more tables but I don’t think it’s ideal. Personally, I like to see the table dynamic and that player that’s tilted from the hand before or an obvious bluff situation. Many will say HUD can tell you a lot but I believe you miss important things by playing too many tables. Some are successful but it’s certainly a skill to be acquired over time. I know players that have missed obvious calls because they were busy multiple tabling.

M

MstrBlast3r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
View attachment 163441

how many tables do you play simultaneously?

I see there are players who open up to 40 tables at the same time,I can not understand what the decision parameter is when we have so many tables playing at the same time

we can even put a predetermined action, but the question is:

will we keep our attention on every table without losing focus on a move?

I managed to open at most 8 tables, my mistake was to open them in turbo format, I believe that when we open more than 4 tables, the format should be slow, so you do not lose focus of the game.

For you, what is the highest volume of tables open at the same time?

When you play multi-table, can you make a more profit, or only make volume without much financial return?

Generally 2 on occasion 3. My monitor setup really limits me to any more that 4. I find I focus best with 2

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You see, everybody is doing it at his/her speed. And I promise, it is learnable. Just imagine a little baby in a car. It can not see everything in that high speed, isn't it? Do you have problems driving a car today?
Just get used little by little, don't open 20 tables from the beginning, that'll make your head explode.

AtomJapo

AtomJapo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i loved this office hehe.. well, sounds sick grind 40 tables.. i dont know what parameters choice to play like robot.. i mean we can play around 14 tables taking time maybe "time" but is not ideal... we have to be aware that the ideal will be play around 6-max 12 table optimus to take good decitions..

Alex Kim27

Alex Kim27

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it seems to me that it's better not to play a lot of tables. I think the number of tables should not be more than 2-3. because it is very distracting. it's hard to concentrate, and you can make a lot of mistakes

AtomJapo

AtomJapo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
youre right but with the time u can handle that i think that optimal could be 6-8 mtts

Z

zavvt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
usually 2-3 tables - 1 tournament, 1-2cash, and a movie/utube

lezhnindima

lezhnindima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1 table, I tried to play 2,3 tables but not successfully (((attention is scattered

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually 6-8 tables. If I play zoom, then 4

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm trying to play no more than 6 tournaments and 4 tables for cash at the same time, if I start losing more as a game, while significantly tilt and play 20+ tables and lose money.

jowbeatz

jowbeatz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think i can handle well 3 tables even If some of them are turbo.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I can play 6 at the moment but the point is not the number of the tables you are playing but in which number you can make your A-game last longer! It is easier to play more cash game tables simultaneously but I find it more complex to do that when grinding MTTs. The dynamics keep changing in every level up in those.

Some serious grinders I see on pokerstars can play 12+ tables but most of them are SnGs , SnG strategy is something between cash games and MTTs. What I mean by that? Is like a MTT but with more standar moves , what range to shove , what range to resteal etc.

What's more important for me is to be a good poker player and have a deep understanding of the game even if you are 1-tabling. Try mixing up your game and be a hard to read opponent. :)