Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Depends if I had a comfortable stack, I play very aggressively, if I had a medium stack to low, I play all-in, but for me, any way you play with AA on the bubble will be right

"It's better to run with a good hand than to lose with a great hand"

slevinzed

slevinzed

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
u can find a pattern that gives u the way of playing hands like AA in a certain way but I would recommend to feel the game. I agree on giving on everything preflop but I have to admit I won significaly more times by just checking and not raising but again it depends on the players the mood of the table the rivalries. good luck (y)

H

hishshy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I go all in with AA but get bad beats all the time

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
playing pocket aces is really a complex science.
as incredible as it sounds, I feel much more comfortable playing suited connectors than high pairs.:unsure::unsure::unsure:

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I would never throw AA preflop.
Write this down among the bad beats, and the long-distance will return it another time.

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can go with T9s allin if the odds seem good, though I'm usually heading for for FT, not ITM.

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I can get eliminated, I play it carefully, if I can eliminate some(one) player(s), I'm all in

B

Beatmymeet1994

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For those spots icm is everything, pure maths and icm pressure will do. Im not a big fan of playing the same hand same postion same spot in tournemnt for 5$ differently than in tournament for 5k$. Math will be on your side on bigger probe

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I play it like fish I don't open I put them all at once

S

stepashka321

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:cool:Hello community... In two tournaments it happened to me that I was dealt AA just one place off the bubble. I played them and I was knocked out of the tournament; my opponents connecting with any two cards... Is it wrong to play them or is it the variance?

In one tournament I was third in chips - I ran into the chip leader: I had AA, they held A10. The flop came 10 10 7, and I am out.

In the other tournament I was fourth in chips - AA against the second in chips; they hit their set with pocket 7's.

My question is should I have folded the AA preflop, or go double down and win more chips?
For beginners, there are easier tasks to learn than folding pocket aces, depending on the situation. Folding pocket aces is one of the most difficult tasks in poker. Whatever the two starting cards are, they can easily be turned over with a board of five cards.
Calculating the folding of pocket aces is an unrealistic task for me.
It's up to you to decide whether you want the minimum prize money or go further in the tournament. Pocket aces is not the primary reason perhaps in your question.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I think the answer is usually it depends... if it's a sat and you are only going to win a ticket and you have already secured the ticket well then your job is done, no need to risk your ticket with any hand, other than that if you are not going to play the best starting hand because of variance then poker may not be for you, short stacked shove, big stack can be played however you think is best!

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if ITM is important to you, then play AA carefully preflop, do not force things, in the satellite if the stack already allows you to go to the target tournament, then you can play fold, of course, this is all about situations on the bubble

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course yes, although I have been eliminated for playing AA in a bubble, I would always play them since I think that a player goes for the jackpot and AA is a very strong hand

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hello.
If you don't play AA, then what cards should you play? :)
I think you should always use this chance to get chips)

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Of course you should not fold the nuts to avoid a bad beat. The only situation, where this can sometimes be correct, is near the bubble in a satellite, where you are reasonably sure to be able to fold your way to a ticket. Bad beats are part of poker, and if it upsets you to be "the bubble boy" because of whatever bad beat, then you need to either work on your mental game or find another hobby.
I think that since we are talking about a tournament bubble, in a significant part of the cases, stack will be small, that is, then there will be only 2 options: push or fold. So, if you are in the standings in one of the last places, but not at the very last one, and doubling will not give you a significant chance to get deeper in ITM, then you can fold AA. But this should be a situation with high chances that one of the remaining shortstacks will be knocked out of the tournament before you. For example, you have 3BB, and there are also 2 or 3 shortstacks with stacks less than 3BB.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
folding AA is out of the question, this is the best possible Texas holdem hand, with this hand you have more than 75% winning and you are dominating the entire deck.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
folding AA is out of the question, this is the best possible Texas holdem hand, with this hand you have more than 75% winning and you are dominating the entire deck.
In the situation above (my last post), if you put all-in, then the player on the BB will make a call according to the chances of the bank. The bank will more than 2BB (blinds and ante) + 2BB-3BB from the all-in player, and for the call, the player in the BB position will need to add 1BB-2BB, which gives the bank chances from 1: 4 to 1: 2.5, at which it will be profitable call with any hand, since for breakestability it is necessary to win in less than 30% of cases. If we are really talking about a bubble, when before the prizes it remains to wait for the ruin of one person, and in the game, besides you, there are even shorter stacks (2 or 3 players), then it is most likely better to make a fold. If you double the stack, then this will little to increase the chances of a larger prize than the minimum payments, and if you are beaten out of the tournament, then you will not get anything... I would wait until they knock out someone from shorter stacks.

P. S. By the way, such a small raise can be called not only by the player in the BB position, but in general by 2 or more people ))
Then the chances that you win this hand will drop sharply, for example, to 50%

Cards are just cards, and strategy is a strategy!

Last edited:
BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
For example, if we consider yesterday's freeroll from CardsChat at pokerstars, then the prize money is as follows:

16-18 - $1.10
19-27 - $0.85
28-36 - $0.75

Which is better, slightly increase the chances of hitting a little over $0.75 by doubling up a very short stack with about a 30% chance of becoming a bubble boy, or almost guaranteed to hit a minimum of $0.75?

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me personally it depends :

1. is the tournament not expensive (low buy in) ? and doesnt have many players / field ? then i will shove all in for sure

2. is it a high buy in tournament and / or has a big field and making past bubble will bring a decent amount of money . i will fold most of the time . especially if i am not too short stacked . however i will call an all in if i have a lot more chips than the pusher

in general i think it depends on the situation and tournament really

Y

Yezkidder

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
just unlucky in bubble must play like to all in

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have 2 strategies, either I play all in or I set a trap.

G

gepauba

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hope I don't get these premium hands when I'm on the bubble, AK or AQ I don't even know how many I've folded because I'm on the bubble, now AA I still haven't acquired the ability to fold

F

FrizzaoR

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You have to pay attention in your position in table and how your oponents plays… I usually go all-in with AA

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:cool:Hello community... In two tournaments it happened to me that I was dealt AA just one place off the bubble. I played them and I was knocked out of the tournament; my opponents connecting with any two cards... Is it wrong to play them or is it the variance?

In one tournament I was third in chips - I ran into the chip leader: I had AA, they held A10. The flop came 10 10 7, and I am out.

In the other tournament I was fourth in chips - AA against the second in chips; they hit their set with pocket 7's.

My question is should I have folded the AA preflop, or go double down and win more chips?
Yes this happens very often especially on PokerStars, however if you don't play AA then what would you play? You might just as well sit out...