Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Look, close to the bubble, it's a moment when you have to be very careful about your movements. Information about your opponent, stacks I consider important information on how to play this hand! Don't hesitate to give up in a few moments!

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I play AA aggressively all the time.
obviously it depends on the battery and the position

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I bet everything without leaving

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Between folding for a min cash and all-in to be in a better situation ITM, I would always choose the All-in. Why would you play poker if you lay down chances like that?

max82nik

max82nik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
:Health:Hello community... In two tournaments, it happened to me that I only got AA for one seat from the money. I played them and got kicked out of the tournament; my opponents connect to any two maps... Is it wrong to play them or is it a matter of variance?

In one tournament, I was third in chips - I ran into a chip reader: I had AA, they had A10. On the flop, 10 10 7 came in and I was out.

In another tournament, I was fourth in chips, AA versus second in chips; they put together their own set with pocket sevens.

My question is should I fold AA cards preflop or double down and win more chips?
Maybe you're just out of luck, my friend?

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it's a min-cash that I can afford to lose than I will play AA strongly, if it's a big pay out then I will fold AA
Folding cannot be the best play, except in some rare satellite situation. If you are considering folding then make a ridiculously large raise or jam. The thing with AA is that you will rarely make better than the one pair that you have. If you think about that this and really logically think about the sequence of a hand that you are in, and a player suddenly starts betting very aggressively into you, then you have a decision to make.

Preflop you are roughly 80- 88% favorite over any preflop hand. This is too great an edge to fold. If you are having trouble you need to study a bit more and adapt your play to these situations.

paddyswarrior

paddyswarrior

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
If your near the bubble... Decent stack and you get AA then I'd push all day long. You still need to chip up