YevheniiKobliuk

YevheniiKobliuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My opinion is that AA is never folded preflop as it is the strongest hand. And banal bad luck happened to you, don't be upset, this is the right play.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:cool:Hello community... In two tournaments it happened to me that I was dealt AA just one place off the bubble. I played them and I was knocked out of the tournament; my opponents connecting with any two cards... Is it wrong to play them or is it the variance?

In one tournament I was third in chips - I ran into the chip leader: I had AA, they held A10. The flop came 10 10 7, and I am out.

In the other tournament I was fourth in chips - AA against the second in chips; they hit their set with pocket 7's.

My question is should I have folded the AA preflop, or go double down and win more chips?
It is poker variance in most cases when you get sucked out with Aces. However, there are situations where one can fold Aces due to ICM pressure.

I lost to KJ with Aces in 3 way pot on bubble. Both my opponents had KJ and made a straight. It haunted me for a while.

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good afternoon!
I think you were just unlucky in these two specific cases, as your opponents didn't play very well on the bubble with the hands they had. Keep up the good work and everything will be fine.
I think that pocket AA can only be thrown away when you want to go to the ITM of a tournament that is dear to you, or you play a satellite and even without playing AA you will pass anyway.

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If i have a short stack i can even fold preflop this hand. I don't like actions on the bubble.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With pocket aces sometimes you play them aggressively sometimes you slow play them unfortunately this time it looks like you slow play your AA's that's why you lost but don't worry next time you will win the pocket aces.

Svetluj

Svetluj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
if you thinking to drop AA on preflop - you have problem with bankroll! use all timing if you want bobble but don’t drop Rockets!

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In my opinion it's the variance because of course this will occur over time at some point in time, I've experienced it a few times

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will take my chances very agressive and that may look like a bluff most times in that situation.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If its a lot of money itm I will consider my options , in any other case I wont fold Aces . Any way , I play in the micros , so I cannot remember last time that I folded aces in the bubble lol

P

PokerMaria

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
:cool:Hello community... In two tournaments it happened to me that I was dealt AA just one place off the bubble. I played them and I was knocked out of the tournament; my opponents connecting with any two cards... Is it wrong to play them or is it the variance?

In one tournament I was third in chips - I ran into the chip leader: I had AA, they held A10. The flop came 10 10 7, and I am out.

In the other tournament I was fourth in chips - AA against the second in chips; they hit their set with pocket 7's.

My question is should I have folded the AA preflop, or go double down and win more chips?
depends on how u went allin, preflop it's ok. bad beat. go allin on later streets, questionable

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It's fold when the opponents can kick me out;)

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It all depends on the situation on the table, namely you are leading the table or waiting for the ITM. When it's tournament time with very good payouts, I will fold AA if the goal is to cash.

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
try to get all in and extract the max value from it and hope to hold and win a huge pot

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
I would always play that AA hand and much more in the bubble, unless I'm the bubbleboy, in which case I would wait for someone else to go out and collect even the smaller prize.

However, in the case you mention, I'd rather raise on the flop as much as possible to push all in on the turn... I don't want to see the river.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends of my chip stack, if I'm short stack, I make a minimum 3BB raise pre-flop or go all in depending of my position at the table. If I'm with a comfortable stack, I would play with more careful, but I never would fold AA pre flop.

x patrice x

x patrice x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
How I deal with AA before the bubble depends on a few criteria.

The first thing to ask yourself is, "What do I want to achieve in this tournament?"

--> Do I strive to win the tournament or do I focus on getting as far up the prize ranks as possible

When aiming for tournament victory, there is no getting around playing AA.

In general, for me it is due to numerous situational factors that underlie my decision:

> small stack / big stack ; > am I risking my tournament life or can I afford to lose an all-in ; > am I a raiser/caller ; > Position: how many players do I have in front of me ; > is it enough to blind me down to survive the bubble /or am forced to generate chips anyway to get in the money

Basically it can be said: "If you play AA uncompromisingly (all-in) in front of the bubble, you are (in most cases) on the safe side!"

An "all-in" is also considered an 'A-hand' by the other players in this phase and is rarely called.

However, should there be a "show-down", you still have the strongest starting hand.

fadred719

fadred719

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BY
Chips
Hello community... In two tournaments it happened to me that I was dealt AA just one place off the bubble. I played them and I was knocked out of the tournament; my opponents connecting with any two cards... Is it wrong to play them or is it the variance?

• if the minimum prize is very important to you both financially and morally, and there is a direct loot, then it is not a mistake to throw out aces, in all other cases we are exposed and cheer for our hand

Mimo..Mach

Mimo..Mach

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Before bursting the bubble, it is always advisable to let pass with any hand or bequeath to the end but without pushing all in or, in any case, not challenging someone with more chips to avoid great regret. But if you are already in the win of any prize, AA is played with courage and without regrets. Sometimes you have bad luck but it's only sometimes.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
when time for the buble man and i have A A i'll go all in trying to make all the players fold and steal the blinds

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's something complex, AA you have an 80% chance of winning, what happened was 20%, now it's time to be patient and keep playing aggressively with AA.
Success and Good Luck at the tables.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
It is not wrong to play them. Folding the best hand pre flop is not an option. You just had bad luck in those specific situations.

R

Rmi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
In the same way that I would play any hand at the final table. It changes a lot the game at the final table, but the hands are almost irrelevant, I would look at the position, who enters the boat, how he plays and how he could be caught.

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Give up pre-flop? Never!! If you give up with AA, which hands will you play? Don't do that! Unfortunately you took some badges, this is part of poker, play the next ones even more aggressively and double your chips!

Garik777

Garik777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Usually just allin, I think its better than folded AA^.^