Hours wasted in freerolls?

Serg77

Serg77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it takes too much time to play it. I prefer play cash games where you can manage your time to play.

Darkray

Darkray

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing freerolls for 5 days, quite unsuccessfully))):):):)

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So many. But in the quarantine for the Covid-19 they came in handy to hang out and endure the confinement. Also, something is always learned.:cool::cool:

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I think it's not a wasted time especially for someone who don't have a real money bankroll. It's a way to win something without any risk. :p

S

scrappypower

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
l dont think your waisting time unless u have some thing to do and play poker instead you can learn from every time you play a free roll

YoSoyMarce

YoSoyMarce

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used spend too many hour in a day in the freerolls when I was in the freeroll club.

nimburkx

nimburkx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
im playing freerols to know is it possible to take first place its I guess more harder than wsop 5k tournaments)

deeznutzz

deeznutzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there is a misconception among many players when it comes to freerolls. A lot of them believe that because they didn't wager any money that means they didn't invest into it. That's simply not true. They invested both their time and their energy into playing them. I think most of these players if they were being honest will tell you that they've spent dozens or even hundreds of hours freerolling. I played one myself a few weeks back and I made it to the final table. Just that one freeroll took nearly 5 1/2 hours to complete. I ended up finishing first and walked away with $7.65. The minuscule hourly rate isn't the real issue with freerolls. Its that the time spent could be much more profitable elsewhere. Freerolls for the most part play exactly like play money games. For those players who think their learning the game by playing them the truth is that real poker isn't played like that. Quick example: that freeroll I told you I played within the first 20 minutes of the tournament more than 50 of the 500 plus players had already busted out. Compare that to a $500 buy in tournament that I played last week where 2 hours in and not a single player had busted out. After 3 hours a total of 214 out of the 217 players were still in the tournament. I'm not saying players should stop freerolling and start buy in to $500 tournaments. What I am saying is that if someone wants to progress up to low, mid and possibly high stake games the way to do it is not by freerolling. If they were to use that time instead to study the game I think many players would be shocked by how much better they would get in just a few weeks and months

chippawa1234

chippawa1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls can be frustrating because they usually take along time and one bad beat and your out so ot can feel like a waste of time!

tonzinho7620

tonzinho7620

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not see freroll as a waste of time, on the contrary they are good you can train through them to have results to start your bankroll

S

sera121

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How often do freerolls play at pokerstars? What are your successes? I alone think that it was easier to play at pokerstars a month ago? I noticed that in the last month it became very difficult for me to play combinations in free rolls, I need to wait for hours and even if the opponent gets a combination of the rank higher than yours, it already starts to tire

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wonder where can you find "normal" tournament share for the freerolls?

To do this, you need to collect buns, there are a lot of rooms where you can compete for a good piece, but you need to complete tasks, not counting the FRK

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
All I want to do is play freerolls this week and I keep getting called into work!! Tomorrow I am not working, and playing freerolls!
Owl meme bird could you not

S

scrappypower

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont think you are wasting time in freeroll . you can lean alot from them

gupiel0k69

gupiel0k69

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Freerolls are great, no matter what. If you aint got time, just dont play.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls are a good thing for practice or in the case that you are playing only for fun

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Over the years, especially in my early online poker days, I spent countless hours in freerolls. Why not, I was only working part time and going to school part time. Life was easy back then. Now, my time is limited for poker so I'm playing less and less freerolls, spending my time on actual descent size buyins so I can get a sizeable return for my time spent, granted making the money. Any thoughts on how much time you've consumed in freeroll land. Is it worth it?
Most of us as players think that we started in Poker playing freerolls, adapting to the environment, handling the software and all the implementation of the theory that we learn as we progress and level up. Already experienced we began to play the format we adapt to the most with real money ... everything is a process towards the top.:rolleyes:

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have wasted many hundreds of hours on freerolls. However I could have wasted the time bird watching or going to church just the same, so freerolls it is!!!
I don't know - there are some really nice cathedrals out there just waiting to be visited.

S

stron87

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freeroll tip

I realized that if i join the free roll after the first hour instesd of the start like ckise to half of peopke have akready lost. I just play wisely and manage the time and pick your spots. Ive made it in the money like 2 out of ten ienter campared to the 0 ive placed the hundreds before

Lheticus

Lheticus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I don't just play any freerolls. Cardschat's own freerolls actually have decent payouts possible, and it's nice to not have to risk any of my balance. Plus the quality of play is better than on non-private freerolls. So I don't consider my time wasted whatsoever, really.

T

TheDev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Private freerolls can be enjoyable. Quality of play is usually a little better. Open to public freerolls are usually massive and chaotic. In order to win anything, and its usually a small prize, you have to weather hours of crazy players until most of them have weeded themselves out

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I like to play freerolls, I have always thought that the only thing you can lose is time, almost the same as if you paid to enter a tournament, with the difference that you can lose your entry if you do not get paid, freerolls give you the Advantage of building your bank roll, to recovering from losses (it depends on the size of the loss), in freerolls you can learn a lot even though they are tournaments that many play as if nothing mattered, of course you also have to take into account the structure freroll payment

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Over the years, especially in my early online poker days, I spent countless hours in freerolls. Why not, I was only working part time and going to school part time. Life was easy back then. Now, my time is limited for poker so I'm playing less and less freerolls, spending my time on actual descent size buyins so I can get a sizeable return for my time spent, granted making the money. Any thoughts on how much time you've consumed in freeroll land. Is it worth it?

Some freerolls are a waste of time. $10 prize pools with thousands or sometimes tens of thousands of entrants is just not worth it. But larger prize pools or smaller fields can make freerolls very profitable. My first "big" win came in a first depositors freeroll on Full Tilt. There were thousands of entrants, but the prize pool was $1,000. I cashed for around $40, which was twice what I'd originally deposited.
Cardschat freerolls are great, especially the platinum level ones. 200-250 entrants with $100 prize pools is pretty decent. Last month, I made more than $60 from Cardschat freerolls alone. For someone who plays $1.10 and $0.55 buy-in tournaments, that's more than 70 buy-ins added to my bankroll at no risk.

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are too loose imho so you can adapt a tight strategy to be successful

Freeroll Passwords