Have you ever busted on your first hand?

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At least I'm not sorry I lost with good first hand cards.

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Yes, many times the last time a pair of Ace against a pair of 66, the villain won me with a trio of 6 on the river, but these hands have to be played, because just as he made me lose on this occasion in others I managed to win and mount a good lot of chips for the rest of the tournament.

P

pcurley17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
once someone went all in pre flop and i called AKos
and lost :(

deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it happens at an early stage, but alas, there is no getting away from it.

S

Spheremaster

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes sometimes in a freeroll tournaments
have a nice day :)

rafcio20p

rafcio20p

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, i remenber last year i lose first hand KK vs AA in regular 11$ MTT on poker stars. Of course sometimes also in freerolls (too much players).

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
In normal tourneys i can not remember that i loose the first hand. But it is not impossible, that i loose the first hand. In freeroll sometimes i call hands in which i think im the favorite, mostly i win those hands, but sometimes i loss, especially multi way.

A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sure, but it's mostly happens in hyper turbo tourneys and spin&gos. In those type of tourneys as blinds get higher fast you're tend to play on wide ranges, so any pair or most offsuit ace combinations are good enough to go. Luck play big role there, so I'm not much fan of that. Even lately yesterday, I lost first hands with AKs against AJ, 88vs Q4s at spin&go. Also I remember losing first hand with AK at big tournament in threeway flop and lost. It was a bad call maybe even though AK were favourite. It happens to all of us.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I was caught first hand a few times, but I was caught with good AA AK AJ cards, several books that you couldn't not give all in.

E

Elfina777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Falling into traps is an inevitable situation in poker, sooner or later everyone falls into it, poker is such a game that different cool situations are possible, that's why we love this game.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have busted on the first hand several times with cards like KK or AA. It is almost to the point now that I feel like sitting out the first 10 or so hands until all the looney tunes have had their few moments of fun and attempt at fame. By then the game usually has settled down.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Several times I have already been eliminated in the first leg. This is normal. If you have a pair of AA or KK it is difficult to stand when someone goes all in. Anyone who gets eliminated like that has no way, did what should have been done.

Last edited:
Kamillo13

Kamillo13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I'm very carefoully, but If I Have any high pair or both cards are strong.

MorMeg

MorMeg

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not that I can recall but I had pocket Aces as my final table first hand. All in preflop and lost to AKo. Kinda counts I guess :D

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I have busted on the first hand several times with cards like KK or AA. It is almost to the point now that I feel like sitting out the first 10 or so hands until all the looney tunes have had their few moments of fun and attempt at fame. By then the game usually has settled down.
Well done dude, amused me!:D I agree with you.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I have noticed that there is a lot of overshoot in the first hands, and I prefer to play very tight at the beginning of a tournament.

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I played thousands tournaments, sit and goes and freerolls and have been busted too many times, and with too many hands (premium and scraps ones).

steveeeee

steveeeee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree in freeroll tourneys i have been busted with premium hands and donk hands, this morn played tight and got FT in the 200 but had to get by that horendus first hour

Falconcesar

Falconcesar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The times he pulls all in on the first hand 80 times he opens lost and 20 times won, but as the saying goes, he who doesn't risk doesn't win !!!

Blackchipp

Blackchipp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, but

never all in in first hand if not with AA

J

Jlo111888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes with AK or AA but not in a real money tournament but in cash games 0.01 0.02 0.02 0.04 :confused:

Porras2424

Porras2424

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Three four times ... and gone there.in .rason I got the aces and THE hand came to me with two attackers who put them all and I had to pay. only in one of Ella's I continue in the tournament ... but I do not recommend going in the first hand with all. Of course only with the hand of aces.

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:cool: Yes, they eliminated me, I think they did, they threw a pair of aces at me and they eliminated me in the first hand.

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I recently crashed out of the tournament on the first hand . I had KK on the board there was a change up to J and there were no streets or flushes . We went to ollin and the oponent showed me AA:)

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands