Have you ever busted on your first hand?

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even though I have a cardinal rule of never going all-in on the first hand, it is very hard to resist doing that, when you have great pocket cards...so pre-flop, it's happened to me, many times.

Once I get into the hand, I seldom bust.....most of the time, I'm folding.

If I would stick to my cardinal rule, I'd be much better off...sigh.

wrzlbrnft

wrzlbrnft

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Yes, 2 days ago, went in a tourney, my first hand KK, called an All in and was busted...

R

Rabberto71

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Many times, especially on cheap mtts, always worth a punt early to give yourself a nice stack to be choosy with ��

LitPavel

LitPavel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think everyone has been in this situation, including me, but AA KK and QQ are not the hands to fold on the preflop. It's quite another thing when you're on the money, but I still rarely drop such hands on the money.

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my experience, I always fell in the first one, it was because of a very strong hand that I had, but a bad beat is the one that knocks down a very good play.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. I've busted first hand. All ready to play for hours and then done.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Such situations happen very often.Therefore, in the initial stages of the tournament, I do not try to play a strong hand before the flop through the ollin.It is necessary to understand that the frequency of luck of the opponent is not on your side.

saha2000

saha2000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Obviously, there have been similar situations, especially when it is a freeroll, often players want to double up immediately, even when it is only the first hand.

Kinginthenorth

Kinginthenorth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep a couple times both times made standard raise with high pp but end up going 4-5 handed to the flop, flopped top set both times and get heavy action, I tried to bet out the draws but failed, end up all in before the turn, still 3 handed and one of em hit some Donk draw and I head to the rail, what can you do. That's in tourneys with a buy-in freerolls are different story happens there many times, a few times had everyone on 10 seat table call.

P

Pokersavvy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Quite a few times. It's all good though. That's Poker.

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OMG, I stopped even counting AA in first hand and out...

H

HAP54

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have with AA and AK more than once.. I think one time lost to jacks another to a straight.

G

Gusborgs22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
:(

When i hit my 1k bankroll
I went to 162$ bounty satelite lobby and clicked to see the the tournment
10 min later when i return to the computer, i tought i was on the satelite lobby and i clicked to do the registration and get very sad (50 min late registration left)
But that sad get away, my first hand in the tournment was an AKs and the player behind me go all in, of course i called
He shows 88s and i lost in the 1st hand

In 7,5$BB i got KK in the first hand and get called all (after 4bet) in by AKs and he hit the A

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It has happened to me so many times that I can no longer reach my fingers to count, situations like the one you describe have happened to me, but it only looks similar in AA, it has happened to me that I have that pair and other players go all in and I I call and lose the move, I can't describe a situation because I don't remember it exactly, but you just have to know how to deal with these kinds of situations, many times the opposite move happens and you win against that pair of A

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a lot of times normally with AA and KK

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have you ever busted in your first hand?
Yup! I remember some time ago that ACR was giving a LOT of freerolls per day to get into a Satellite for the million. I was VERY aggressive trying to get a stack because a lot of people were playing lose (including me) and I busted many times in same day on first hand. :D

K

kngofpkr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of courseç why not? just a bad luck

T

TriszPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, multiple times, usually KK/AA getting bad beat by a worse hand, but thats completely OK :D

CheezeWiz

CheezeWiz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pretty Sure EveryOne Has....

I am sure I have done it many, many times... but the one time I remember for sure is...

Back in the day prior to Black Friday on pokerstars... my typical game was 50/50 game for $5 or $10 ... nothing serious just did it to relax in evenings and I did ok at it. I occasionally played some heads-up games to just work on my final table game...

One night I got a "Wild Hair" and played a $100 Heads-Up Game. First Hand dealt AA... I raise whatever.. 3.5 to 5BB... not sure on details... get re-raised... raise again... and eventually we are ALL IN... my AA vs KK feeling good... looking good... until the River K... oh well that is Poker...lol!

Very Painful, but that really is Poker... Scarred, but no hard feelings...

CheezeWiz

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This happens at least once a week, as I am playing 3 to 4 times a week not online.
When it happens on the first hand you get super upset, more is better than when you are about to burst the bubble.

And when it happens it is because it was not my day, I raise my head and go to the next tournament, because life goes on, you know.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have many, many times.. I actually try not to, but its hard when you get something like kings or aces and its all in!

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands