Folding QQ on bubble?

B

BodyCount

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is nothing right or wrong in this spot, it depends on what you are playing for. If the ultimate goal is the final table I would rather push.

sergui72

sergui72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will not reset. Why would I need a small stack later?

Angel v rai

Angel v rai

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
DD

I wouldn't fold either, I really love this card.

Bennoda

Bennoda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on the turist on the postflop situation, on my stack and on the importance of the tournament sometimes I could, but more often I would not fold two queens

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Coin flip is always 50 to 50. To reset and continue the game was the right decision.

gallora shows us here that poker is just one more thing he knows very little about. BUT I'm sure he'll make an argument for it, lol

M

mouTAT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would shove it in the co if no one open before would be ideal if I cover the rest

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,

I recently played a live tournement (200€ buy-in, 235 players) and folded QQ on the bubble (26 paid).
I was on the button. Around 20BB deep and got dealt QQ. There is a raise from UTG who covers me but doesn't have that much more.
At this point we were all quite shallow anyway and most people were close to the push or fold mode. So with that in mind raise UTG, I put the guy on a very strong holding. So I decided to fold.
Then I asked the guy. He had AK... It would have been a flip.
I still think It was the right decision but I'm curious of what you think. Would you have done differently?
At the end I busted 14th with... QQ hahaha. Against AQ. The guy hit an As...:eek:
Standard situation in MTT Chipak takes advantage of the situation and shoves on eni. QQ is too strong a starting combo to pass. I am for the call, despite the short man.(88) 99+ push We throw out AK

fang215874

fang215874

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
In a live tournament, I would push. If the point was to get into the prizes, then you could fold the cards. But tournaments are not won like this. In an online game, this would be a favorite fold.

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To me it depends on what cards come out on the flop. If there is an ace or king, you may want to fold the queens. I always seem to lose when I try to play those queens.

Beatlebug

D

Damian Baez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Answer

If I see a lot of aggression I would not hesitate to throw them can. If there is no aggression obviously if I would play them.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
In my point of view, it was a very wise decision that required a lot of self-control. The bubble IS a big problem in the higher stakes tournaments. Good decision for me.

D

denis_og79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
how much was the raise he made? I would call this raise to see the game post flop, and only then would I make a decision

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is a good right decision.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think there is nothing wrong with the fold, knowing know he had AK
and had 2 cards that can beat you, and folding QQ on the bubble is correct i think

Think KK their is a call though, but like you said people were in a push or fold spot so it would be suicide by calling off there and if you lost that would've hurt pretty bad.

I wouldve folded QQ aswell though, especially with that buy-in and the shortstacks being in the game still

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,

I recently played a live tournement (200€ buy-in, 235 players) and folded QQ on the bubble (26 paid).
I was on the button. Around 20BB deep and got dealt QQ. There is a raise from UTG who covers me but doesn't have that much more.
At this point we were all quite shallow anyway and most people were close to the push or fold mode. So with that in mind raise UTG, I put the guy on a very strong holding. So I decided to fold.
I still think It was the right decision but I'm curious of what you think. Would you have done differently?
At the end I busted 14th with... QQ hahaha. Against AQ. The guy hit an As...:eek:

I am never folding QQ to just a single open raiser. That's ridiculous that you folded.

J

Jadeyt92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QQs questions come up a lot kn cardchat. Mainly because its one of the toughest good hands to play... I have had bad runs with qqs all in. Only need that A or K to show and you know the rest.... For me now position is important and how many in the hand. If you flopping low cards then all in

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
On the bubble yea I've folded. Also lost with aces on the bubble but can't fold that.

Rvstam

Rvstam

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
on the bubble i`m fold any cards . good for me only AA

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I would have gone all in because big stacks will bully hands on the
bubble to collect the blinds.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would shove and probably bust. I call QQ my hand of death. Rarely do I win with it! I went out on the literal bubble of a MTT on ACR with KK yesterday when villain hit a flush. Could have folded into the money but just can't live with myself if I folded. As they say in Rounders, "Respect is all you'll have left in the morning". LOL

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it is a tournament with big prizes, if I fold QQ KK and AA:)

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would fold QQs if the min cash is decent bump my bankroll (Won a sattie ticket).

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,

I see why you folded, and your cashing made it the correct decision. I also see how this could have been the chance to jump significantly in your stack size in order to make a big push for the final table.

P

pepomjp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In that particular situation I folded too. The object is to get the money.

Folding in Poker