oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips
Difficult, I would not risk it, it depends on the position, number of players !!

RParris

RParris

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
To me in comes down to the fact that a lot of time has been invested to play. I hate being discouraged by losing so I’m coming to book a W. That comes in having a rewarding experience at the table by playing well and winning. You owe it to yourself to make the money🤙

A

AlabamaCam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I think I’ve folded QQ/KK before on the bubble.

L

Lochika

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,
although the UTG had A this time, folding queens in that spot is a very bad decision.
I think that you might overvalue a bit the money bubble ICM implications.
The EV lose buy folding queens there is much more big the the min cash. I think that I will shove there tens pluse and I know this is too tight too. I suggest you to move down a bit in stakes, to the point that your decisions will based on EVmaximization and not on the actual dollers amount.
I hope I could help.

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I think its depends of many things. How many BB we have ? What is average BB, How much is biggest stack ? If We playing satelite tournament or normal mtt.
Its depends also how big is buy in.

If i playing a tourney for high stakes i will pass and try get money, bacause every money will be huge for me, If i play micro stakes i will call and try double up.

If i play satelite i will pass and try to get ticket.

M

Milan Godhania

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The curse of the Queens (lower hand). If you fold, you might as well respect A-10, K-J as the better card may show. When pocket aces can lose too slow play, I would expect the queens to lose to big bets. Good move. :rolleyes:

gloemcesar

gloemcesar

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CL
Chips
hi there

Just i raise? in position you should call (bad call butaway) at least or play right and 3-bet if you have the stack to do so or shove in his face. but nice anyway you cash well anyway so it work out.

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,

I recently played a live tournement (200€ buy-in, 235 players) and folded QQ on the bubble (26 paid).
I was on the button. Around 20BB deep and got dealt QQ. There is a raise from UTG who covers me but doesn't have that much more.
At this point we were all quite shallow anyway and most people were close to the push or fold mode. So with that in mind raise UTG, I put the guy on a very strong holding. So I decided to fold.
Then I asked the guy. He had AK... It would have been a flip.
I still think It was the right decision but I'm curious of what you think. Would you have done differently?
At the end I busted 14th with... QQ hahaha. Against AQ. The guy hit an As...:eek:

IMO depends a bit on the pay out structure and blind speed. If most of the money is still up top (e.g. cashing in 23rd is considerably less than an FT payout) then it would probably be worth going for it to make a deep run. If you're not making much more for say 16th versus min cash probably not worth the risk. Also, if it's a very slow structure you can probably justify the fold, but in turbos where you're 20bb will be down to 10 fairly quickly it's definitely a shove.

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on the buy in

if this is Sunday Million maybe i will fold after checking his stats first

but if $1.5 sng's definitely going to rejam all in

Folding in Poker