Always!!

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be honest there's nothing wrong about folding QQ on the bubble if you hardly want to get in the money

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

I recently played a live tournement (200€ buy-in, 235 players) and folded QQ on the bubble (26 paid).
I was on the button. Around 20BB deep and got dealt QQ. There is a raise from UTG who covers me but doesn't have that much more.
At this point we were all quite shallow anyway and most people were close to the push or fold mode. So with that in mind raise UTG, I put the guy on a very strong holding. So I decided to fold.
Then I asked the guy. He had AK... It would have been a flip.
I still think It was the right decision but I'm curious of what you think. Would you have done differently?
At the end I busted 14th with... QQ hahaha. Against AQ. The guy hit an As...:eek:

i wouldn't fold. Easy call...

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If at that time you thought you would easily make the money with a fold I'd agree. If it was close I'd always go with my Broadway pair

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Depending on your reason for playing and the number of times you have cashed in the past. Live play should provide additional reads from the player and may help sway you one direction over the other.

davidkimtai89

davidkimtai89

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rather like call than fold , QQ is a high card on bubble time ,

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

I recently played a live tournement (200€ buy-in, 235 players) and folded QQ on the bubble (26 paid).
I was on the button. Around 20BB deep and got dealt QQ. There is a raise from UTG who covers me but doesn't have that much more.
At this point we were all quite shallow anyway and most people were close to the push or fold mode. So with that in mind raise UTG, I put the guy on a very strong holding. So I decided to fold.
I still think It was the right decision but I'm curious of what you think. Would you have done differently?
At the end I busted 14th with... QQ hahaha. Against AQ. The guy hit an As...:eek:

I think you did it great, I would do the same in this situation with this stack size, that phase of the tourney, especially on high buyin - and i don't care the book version things, that it is minus, similar folds give us +2-3% ITM, what possibly makes you profitable or more profitable.
Congrats to the hard fold and the result!

A

Afshin2

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it s right decision , to ensure making money out of a tournament. Although i love this pair

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
I would fold today. Couple years ago I wouldn't fold. Now I wait for better chance.

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I have learnt to fold hands like TT, JJ, QQ, KK and even AA on the Moneybubble when u play a Sat for a Big Tournament...If u only have to survive 2 or 3 people to get a huge Chance for a ticket of a nice tournament why u should risk all with this Hands or... ;)

IFDCTHMH

IFDCTHMH

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
not a simple situation, but I would rate the situation as it says " Luvepoker "and pushed

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
yep...i folded aces on a bubble...i know you may smile but it was a pretty big bubble

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
First I don't know whether to believe what the other player told you, many times they say false things so that one does not think that they are bluffing or something like that, but from my point of view it was the best decision you could have made, at that point the risk is very high being so close to the bubble, that regardless of what the other player said or not, the other day I saw a pro fold AA near the bubble

jleon_zat

jleon_zat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the aggression of the game, if I go free I open strong if not it already depends on the flop

Nochaser

Nochaser

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,

Heads up play and no one else behind me I most definitely would have. If other still behind me to bet in the muck the ladies go.

Last edited:
foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The cashing depends, if they are sit to go I play it in a mtt if the prize is high fold, if I can control the pot I call.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,

Even on the bubble this is way to nitty. QQ is the third best starting hand in NLH, and even he is raising UTG, you are still way ahead of his range. I am surpriced however, that everyone wants to jam here. Sure jamming is easy, but being on the bubble and with a somewhat awkward stack size for 3-betting it is certainly also an option to flat and try to play a small pot.

If he really had AK, this would have been pretty easy to play postflop. On A or K high board, you only pay off one bet at the most, and on low boards he is likely giving up, if you call his flop C-bet. Or he simply check-fold, and you take it down.

Sure flatting could induce the blinds to jam light, but with a hand as strong as QQ, you dont even mind that. You just get it in and hope to hold, and if UTG has called, you get out of the way and hope, that one of them bust.

I found this thread really interesting, and 100% agree with FD above, dislike everyones passive, scared acceptance of folding preflop. It's just wrong. :)

But I was compelled to post mainly because I'm actually on the a slightly related but other end of this equation.
Nearing the bubble - I will open jam QQs UTG or from any early position - This is when I have a sub 15bb stack.
And I can't even count on all the digits I have, fingers and toes, how many times I have been looked up - by all different stack sized with any rag suited Ace. And - I'm going to speculate here - but it is safe to say - I have lost no less than 70% of these preflop flips.

Its astonishing to me how loose people will call from an early position jam within 10 spots from the money with a junk suited Ace. Of course we are currently still playing in the micro MTTs - so that might have something to do with it, but it happens at higher buyin levels too - so to me - this is a terrible play from players - who are just looking to get lucky.

Thats all I have - but QQs - you are surely not a great hand when nearing the money bubble.

;)

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad mistake…..bubble everyone is looking to survive… time to grab chips… the only hands to worry about, AA KK that’s what,, a few combos…. Get some chips…

Over the top…all in

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hmmm very hard to say

i think it would depend on if i have a read on the guy ...if he is a loose player i would have called and if he is a tight player i would also have folded

if i have no read on him i would probably fold too since it is the bubble yeah

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Fold AA on the bubble - why risk it?

oarroyo

oarroyo