Folding QQ on bubble?

teteuc2

teteuc2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think everyone knows what the prize means on their bankroll, if it was important to me I would think a lot, but I would fold QQ. Now if I had a smooth bankroll I would have moved all in anyway.

davidsincara

davidsincara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By reading opponents and bets you can take a more unscared decision, bubble or not bubble...

me, with QQ in MP or CO... a strong opener or shove!

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
QQ

I think that with such a hand all-in is always appropriate. No one knows who will have the set or even stronger. Aces and kings often lose too.

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
QQ

hello I would have done the same with QQ. I would only pay with AA- KK-. the important thing is to enter prizes.

M

Mauriliro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think so.. i would think a lot.
But i don't think that i would fold a QQ

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello! With a stack of 20 centuries, only push or fold action. Therefore, I believe this action will be true.

A

abpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is one of those decisions that is often dictated by my mood (for better or worse), but I would usually lean toward doing what you did. With your stack so low there, it seems like getting into the money takes precedent there.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless cashing is the ultimate goal and you need the bankroll money , you have to play them ,it’s all about trying to win the whole thing

B

BasTid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ahh sure I learned by lesson and sometimes still do need reminding about ICM if you are clearly inside the bubble taking the extra risk is not worth it,

H

HerbPuffer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In this situation here I'm either raising to 5.5 or 6 BBs if he is only min raising and snapping off the 4-bet shove. Or if a 3x or more I'm jamming myself.

They say flat calling in poker is the worst thing you can do but in this situation if you're afraid of AA, KK, or AK I think folding is the worst play possible. You could have at least called an seen the flop and gone from there w/position on villain.

I must reiterate, I in no way condone flatting but in this situation I think it was better than a fold.

JoseFerreras

JoseFerreras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With QQ I would shove all in to a raise. Its a premium hand that YOU HAVE TO PLAY.

D

DancingNancie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am def not nearly good enough to fold in this spot. I would have jammed here hoping to get called by JJ or AK. I don't mind being the bubble boy and bubble from time to time on this play. I am looking to get into top 3 where the money is. You have to accumulate chips and this would be a spot that we can accumulate chips.

I think it really comes down to what you're looking at for any tournament. If you're looking to cash and ladder, then I can see a fold here. If you're looking to try and accumulate chips and win, I think you have to jam this spot.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
hi. everything will depend on the situation, but most of the time there is an all in big chance of doubling.

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think sometimes QQ should be easy fold. Is just third biggest pair. From my experience QQ is the hand most vulnerable here. Most of the time is coming A or K on board.

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I might fold there too. For me it would depend on how much money was available. If it was a lower stakes I would just go for it because I personally want more than 1.56...haha..But if it were $30 or more I would stand tough.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

I think it was a mistake. On the bubble, you should be agressive. A short stack is not what you want . This is the time to grow your stack so you ha e chance of winning the tourney, not just survive. If you had stabbed and won, you probably would not have been knocked on that later hand.

Tomacco

Tomacco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you felt you had to throw them away, it's because you had to throw them away. You did well. I would have gone all in, hahaha

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I have some doubts in a situation like this I just ask myself how many times I will have a hand like QQ on the button with one other player so far in the hand. In other words just how easy do I think it will be to increase my stack in the this late stage after folding this hand. Most of the time I don't see an easy path...hands like this don't come along very often so, yeah, I'm taking advantage of this situation here and now and shoving.

B

bozo77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never, queens = women, be a man and make some profit after them ! :)

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
QQ is a good starting hand but depending on your position and what players do I front of you should determine what you do. Facing the bubble is a recognized by all players in the tournament and depending on your chip stack and the other players chipstack will determine how the hand is played, regardless of the starting hand.

K

Kush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You've got to shove here. All the money is up top and you shouldn't play to cash very often. Often when he calls you're gonna be flipping, but he might flip over AQs or pocket 10s or JJ. Sometimes you still lose. Sometimes you win QQ vs AA. You gotta get lucky, or at least not unlucky to get to the big money. Grip it and rip it!

M

MoneyMaker4i

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QQ in the bubble, the decision to be made depends a lot on the position and position of the table, stack issues also come into play, but it is an excellent starting hand, although it makes it a little difficult to improve your game, but it is worth the effort. unless bad luck is around. ;P

B

bempassado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

I recently played a live tournement (200€ buy-in, 235 players) and folded QQ on the bubble (26 paid).
I was on the button. Around 20BB deep and got dealt QQ. There is a raise from UTG who covers me but doesn't have that much more.
At this point we were all quite shallow anyway and most people were close to the push or fold mode. So with that in mind raise UTG, I put the guy on a very strong holding. So I decided to fold.
Then I asked the guy. He had AK... It would have been a flip.
I still think It was the right decision but I'm curious of what you think. Would you have done differently?
At the end I busted 14th with... QQ hahaha. Against AQ. The guy hit an As...:eek:

Nice fold.

Folding in Poker