3 times I bubbled with AA

3 times I bubbled with AA

A

Anglermeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold here AA preflop only in a satellite.

Otherwise I would never fold AA. If you double here you have a very good chance of getting to the FT and playing for the victory.

There is no better mockery like here at 30bb and you are far ahead with AA. If you lose, it's just bad luck.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think i would fold, not enough chips to win it really, but if you want to win it you would probably call and hopefully they stand.

D

daurensdo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no, I can't fold AA, this is disrespectful to poker, and it's also a great chance to double up and take a higher place

Bennoda

Bennoda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is always difficult depends on whether there is a bounty and how important are the prizes if it was a Sunday million I would have dropped AA on the bubble without question if this tournament was very important for me in prizes in other cases of micro-limit tournaments I would not even have thrown off before the bubble AA

M

mouTAT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's a shove from co ideal when you covering the other players and an easy shove if I chip lead the table with tight player with bigger stacks

L

LetterRip

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys, tournament play can influence the decision-making process so I wanted to know your play in this type of situation:
You're holding AA on the BB with 30BB / 28 players remains and only 27 get paid. you're in 16th position and the CO who got you covered moves all in. action fold to you.
what's your decision ?

Depends on the structure of payouts and the CO stack size as a percentage of your stack. Even in a satellite it is probably a call unless it would move you to a dangerous stack size (ie drop you in danger of getting knocked out within an orbit or two). In all other situations it is generally a trivial call. I could also see a fold if min cashing is incredibly important such as you won your buyin through a satellite and the min cash is 10,000$.

A

Ac156519

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the blinds Level and the amount of money you have. If its against an opponent with about 1/3 of my stack effective, I am never folding. It all depends on the situation.:)

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything will depend on what type of tournament you are playing and the jump of the prizes, if you are playing a satellite for an important event and only one player is missing to enter the tournament, it is better that you withdraw and wait for the bubble to burst, But if you are in a tournament that is only to reach the (itm) and not a final table I think the most convenient thing is to make a call since we have the best pre-flop hand and the villain may be stealing the dead money in the table and pressing the weakest or shortest chips to take the money from your blinds, pressing for the bubble.

Personally, it is a call since you are in the bubble to enter the money and not to a final table that would change the situation due to the prize jumps when entering a final table.

C

CTPA3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends on the position, I play either push or fold, there is an opportunity to double up and continue the game with a large stack)

L

louis627

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Get real, your best chance to double up, bubble or not it's a call.

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it is a call because you have to take into account that if you win the pot you might play a lot further into the prize money. The ICM also takes this into account. Since with more chips you of course have a better chance of playing deep into the prize money. That means you're making more money and that's what the ICM is all about. If your monetary chip expected value is positive it is a call. You don't just play to get in the prize money but also to win the tournament, as you probably have to get in the prize money 20 to 30 times to get the same profit if you win the tournament.

S

scotcbi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, tournament play can influence the decision-making process so I wanted to know your play in this type of situation:
You're holding AA on the BB with 30BB / 28 players remains and only 27 get paid. you're in 16th position and the CO who got you covered moves all in. action fold to you.
what's your decision ?

Goo all in too

V

vanish123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never! in the end the big bucks are only there if u build a stack

C

Carlloss

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've already hit the bubble of a satellite that started by paying $5.50 tickets and increased as the placing improved. The first was a $109 ticket. Even though I was feeling very angry, it was the best decision, winning the race, I applied for the main ticket. The only chance I was going to fold a pair of AA preflop was if all the tickets were the same value, and I had a comfortable, safe stack to wait for someone to fall.

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be honest i already done it, folded AA on a 5 way all in, in the bubble an luckily i was losing the hand, and eventually i won the tournament

davidsincara

davidsincara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only on regular mtts, if i have them in a PKO, ill shove them preflop in late position , or in early postiions open raise 25% my of stack with it (if i have more than 38 blinds)

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good question. If its for millions and I'm garenteed for sure but likely NO I would never fold aces, thats what most of us here play for is to win big 💰 with AAs or KKs. Good luck and cheers 🍻 .

L

Laynester

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not sure about folding AA

I don't think I can fold AA. It's just to hard to "earn".

I'm all in on AA.

Thank you for listening!!

..bluff..

:p:p

A2020

A2020

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would probably go all in, no matter against who. In many tournament the min cash just gives back the entry, so it's not so significant, I rather get it all in and double my blinds to get into a way better position once the bubble bursts.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what's your decision ?

My decision is a call. A couple of nuances at which I can press fold:
1.a very expensive tournament for me.
2. Satellite tournament.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
what's your decision ?

It would depend on how I feel on the day, I have made calls in this type of situation and been right or wrong many times, winning as many times as I have lost, but I have also folded A/A on the bubble, when someone else has already made a call, and I have just sat back and watched as my A/A would have been crushed by one of the other hands,
Once in a Re-buy + Add-on game I made the bubble without having to Re-buy at any time, but did take advantage of the Add-on at the last minute so besides the Buy-in I also purchased the Add-on and only needed to make the money, to be in profit.
By folding a doomed A/A at a crucial time I manged to make the money, and as in most MTT games, once the bubble burst there was an All-in Fest by the shortest stacks, I actually went on to make the Final Table, where the real money was.
My only advice to anyone in that situation is use common sense, if making the money is possible, then why risk it if faced with elimination against a bigger stack?

When the fun Stops, STOP!

Folding in Poker