Dream hand at the WSOP: How would you play it?

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well, if not to call with AA, which hand would we call with? Of course, there are situations that deserve a deep breath before deciding, such as when you are close to the bubble. But at the beginning of the tournament I would call without thinking.
Poker is about taking risks. You can't get anywhere in Poker without taking risks.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Mathematically this is a call any day where the money doesn't matter at all, which is how poker is supposed to be played. In practice, someone who might not call here might think it worth playing the game on a level that involves skill rather than putting their entire buy-in on the line against what's most likely going to be other pocket pairs. All it takes is for one of them to hit their set or some runner runner draw and then the only consolation would be that you made the right choice mathematically. Ok - but you're still $10k poorer plus travel costs. At least you could have tried to play the game and make it to the prizes through some post-flop play.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Always consider raising with aces, don't limp or try to be sneaky. Finding yourself in a multipot on the flop is the last thing you want.Try not to get too attached to your hand.Aces are not a good hand for slowplaying. The ideal situation is to put it in right away preflop.

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I would definitely call with these cards. When I have aces in my pocket, I can never do otherwise, maybe I’m wrong, but I can’t do otherwise.

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
You finally achieve your dream and have bought into the WSOP Main Event for $10,000! You arrived yesterday in Vegas, it's Day 1A, and you sit at your table eager to play! This is the trip and the tournament of a lifetime! You're on the button in the very first hand and look down to see pocket aces! However, before the action gets to you, two other players have shoved all-in.

What do you do?
Do you call and potentially triple-up in the 1st hand of the WSOP Main Event? Or do you fold and guarantee you will not be knocked out in the first hand of the tournament? How would you play this hand?

3ece5b6ec398fffd8ade87bf324f2367.png
I guess I'd be against AA, or KK-QQ maybe. I have to call, stand up and walk away slowly 😅
Today I called with AA with 3 players all in, but it wasn't a $10.5K event thou, just a $2.20

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It seems to me that in such a situation there are not even many options for adequate players. Call, I can't talk about the fold here :)

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Snap call, the worst thing would be a helluva bad beat story. I came to play poker, and that involves good decisions. There is some argument that with multiple opponents that an ALL IN would not be the best decision, but on a risk reward balance I would take it.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Perhaps a call will be the most correct and deliberate decision. All-in is in any case an unacceptable risk.

M

MF.Brn

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My excitement says that I shouldn't pay and have a chance to enjoy the tournament more, but my rationale says I should pay. AA is a good hand to pay, the odds are with me and if it comes out in the first leg it came out, but I made the right move, at least I think it's the right one.

bapfel

bapfel

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I am sure I would call, no matter what will happen afterwards :)

If you don`t this missed chance will follow in your mind you the next hours.

M

Macaroon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I've had AA in the first hand several times in online games, and I know that I've lost most of them. But I think I would still call in the Main Event. But I hope I would fold, just to enjoy the day a bit longer.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's stupid to fold aces preflop, I would definitely play but with great fear:ROFLMAO:

billibooo

billibooo

thudlife
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I would have to say <3 I would like to think that I would play :) but most likely not and I will not look at the board as it is played. That would probably break me if I was dreadfully wrong :p I know this is not a lengthy answer for me but I weighed the thought proper. That was tricky :p Nice one Debbie <3

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would call, or even, I would be ready to go all-in. This hand is worth the risk, definitely.

WhiskeyFix

WhiskeyFix

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This question gives me anxiety LOL IM ALL IN

QQ vs KK vs AA

And we’re out of the tournament gg

waisichy

waisichy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think all in and enjoy watching the tournament if I get knocked out! It’s likely that I may not finish in the money given the calibre of player anyway so it could relieve a lot of stress tripling up so early on!

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I call I just don't see any other options in this situation. Of course, anything can happen in poker, but a call would be the most correct option.

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Well for me having Pocket:ah4::ad4: first hand is a snap push what's the prob if it don't work out take a mulligan i'm sure they won't mind. You know the old saying "If at first you don't succeed try try again" which i usually have to do :LOL:. But i didn't travel all this way to through good cards away so i'm in!

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This is a call, with no options. Never in my life would I fold in such a situation :)

km1n

km1n

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Absolutly call if im playing that tournament is because i can afford it why should i fold ofcourse i can lose but why im even playing it if im folding the best hand preflop i will never do that.

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I don't know if this happens in a wsop tournament, where three people go all in on the first hand. But if this is the case, and with AA we go in, clearly the dream of qualifying has already been fulfilled, it would be an added plus for this to happen, and to triple in the first hand.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi
I make the call, and I guarantee myself that I will not regret it. Any other decision I made would be one I would regret for the rest of my days. Such a chance cannot be missed, it is obvious to me :)

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You finally achieve your dream and have bought into the WSOP Main Event for $10,000! You arrived yesterday in Vegas, it's Day 1A, and you sit at your table eager to play! This is the trip and the tournament of a lifetime! You're on the button in the very first hand and look down to see pocket aces! However, before the action gets to you, two other players have shoved all-in.

What do you do?
Do you call and potentially triple-up in the 1st hand of the WSOP Main Event? Or do you fold and guarantee you will not be knocked out in the first hand of the tournament? How would you play this hand?

3ece5b6ec398fffd8ade87bf324f2367.png

I would fold, knowing how much the variation affects the game, I would fold, because the chances of me being eliminated are greater than the chances of me winning, and since I managed to fulfill my dream of playing the WSOP, I would take the opportunity to play more hands, feel the energy of the event.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
To begin with, it would be nice to get into such a tournament! Yes, it's tempting to take a chance and accept the challenge of rivals. But that's not my style. I like to sit, play and rattle the nerves of my rivals. I like to develop a sense of intuition. And as a reward for the battered nerve cells (both your own and rivals) - to get at least some kind of material prize. Beating one or two opponents at the very beginning with a successful scenario will not bring me pleasure from the very process of a long game and does not guarantee a reward at the end of the tournament. So I'll fold the cards. But at the same time, I will make every effort to make my opponents worry.

kringoo

kringoo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
good very relative to me
because I have frustrations and little joy with AA
I get upset when I get AA I mini raise and everyone folds
or even pay but don't pay the c-bet.