Do you make a deal when you get to the final table?

C

CaptainXL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can’t, it only happens online.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you do?
Overall, I don't like deals. They interfere with the final table strategy. Everyone's mind is just how much money they pay and for what place, and very soon you can see the hidden players who are afraid of being knocked out of the tournament. Therefore, I can use this advantage, and without making deals, put pressure on the players, thereby increasing my chances of taking first place. Deals also take some of the fun out of the game. Because of them, all the excitement disappears. When I get to the final table, I want to win the tournament by all means and get the most out of it. Therefore, I am ready to take risks in order to be able to win much more money.

det0nate

det0nate

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if its spit even , ill make a deal -
no matter whos winning or how has most chips..
even split prize or play on..

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never. I still feel it flies right in the face of a true competitor. I want to play the best and beat the best. They only deals I like are fast food deals...;)

MoCoSolo

MoCoSolo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have at a live table because I wanted to go home for dinner and gave the chip leader few extra dollars out of kindness that he accepted the deal. I would online if other people are interested.

D

DIANTA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a FT deal decision for everyone should be based on key factors.
For me are following:
- stack sizes (significant difference - a positive argument for the smallest stack)
- edge of opponents (more experienced opponents - an argument for doubting one)
- amount of the additional payment for the winner (greater % payout - an argument for the outsider)

In addition, if the value of at least one of the factors (can be different from below) specified by you tends to a maximum or minimum, this is a very strong argument (for or against a deal, respectively).
Something like this. Excuse my English.

Kiteman27

Kiteman27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i never make a deal unless its heads up, and even then i will only make a deal if the blinds have really caught up to us. at that point your just flipping for first so if the pay jump is significant ill chop. otherwise, no.

frost234

frost234

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes. I make a deal if the stacks are about the same and strong players are playing against me

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Once I made a deal. But I was the leader and played for 8 hours.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would never initiate a deal, but if asked I would always consider it. When I played live games at my local Pub, we often played a cash game after playing the League game and although it was illegal I would often spend the time sorting out the chips for the next League game, as we played with different set of chips for cash and as Tournament Director could not be seen to be breaking the Law(some times I did)
But if I was heads up on the final table and the player I was up against wanted to get into the action at the Cash Table I would agree on a deal so he could play and then I had more time to re-stack the chips for the following week.
You have to understand I never really played for the money, It was always for the League points and winning the League to go on to the Regional Finals, Money always came 2nd. I think the only time I wouldn't agree to a deal was when I had a massive lead over my opponent and he asked for a deal, but I said "you have to be joking, I have 20 times more chips than you and you never sit down at the cash table, Play on, I will call your bet with any two cards"
He then pushed all in with A/K and I called blind, with 6/2 the 2 paired on the river and I took 1st place.
The guy (a regular) never came back?

When the fun Stops, STOP!

B

blun777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really depends on the situation (stack, pay jumps) but nor against it

D

Darthrazer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When the pay jumps are large from 3rd to 1st I'm usually happy to deal. I've come back from being out chipped by as much as 5 to 1 a few times and vice versa. Not really too keen on dealing with four or more players left though. I'm sometimes happy with an ICM split.

SharKyg1n

SharKyg1n

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ready for a deal only in the top 3 not earlier

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I make no deal or try to win everything or the grand prize or nothing.

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes but only if you are only among the last 3-4 players

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The deal is a garantee to get more money then you have to struggle for if you don't do this. With a deal you can some kind assure the money and can't get less.

Piligrin66

Piligrin66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have had this 4 times at the final tables, I like to make deals, but not everyone always agrees, there are greedy players, they think they should take 1st place and in the end they lose.

D

denis_og79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I never made a deal, even because the amounts paid in the low-value buy-in I play do not compensate

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Greetings. In those tournaments in which I made it to the final, there was no deal. And so of course you need to look at the situation. If I am the weakest and shortest in the game, then why not make a deal)))

T

To6Po6

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
It depends if its some low buy in i dont but in hire i made it

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
There is one quote in Poker I really like "Hero to Zero" it often happens when a chip leader refuses to deal and then goes and lose's the lot, quite often they feel invincible and think they are going to win every pot but that is when they have to careful because the other players really don't care and will go all-in with any two cards, because they don't want to drag it out any longer.
I have been on both sides of the coin and usually will deal if the table is around even in stacks and the others agree, but if I have a huge chip advantage I will play the same way as a player who does not give a damn and call with practically any two card's, I have even in some games called without looking at my hole cards (blind) and won hands with some really dumb cards, like 7/2 and 6/2, hands I would normally fold, but to be honest any two cards can win at the showdown, that's Poker!

When the fun Stops, STOP!

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No deal is made at the final table by me. I just play my game and hope to win.

Beatlebug

oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips
It depends, if I have less chips I will try to make a deal or if I have nothing more than the opponent, but if my chips are much higher I will not make a deal !!

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have a certain number of players, then it might be worth taking a look at the numbers