Do you make a deal when you get to the final table?

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
If you see that there are players at the table weaker than you, or too aggressive players, then it is better to wait and not make deals.

M

maorodman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends

I pnly do it when it's a 3-handed and everyone is deep in chips, and will take hours to finish the tourney!! :deal:

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I'm at the final table, I don't make a deal.

L

Lol1x1

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
No never! Even if I have the shortest stack, I try to improve my game, gain experience and level up!

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my fisrt final table I dont want to do a deal....

But if you want to play the final table por many hours.....I think its good form to finish the tournament...

The best form is you to do a deal for ICM....

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I usually make a deal, I don't see a problem in doing it, but usually when the deal is made, the tournament makes no sense to continue playing with maximum concentration.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes it makes sense to divide, when your opponent is doing a lot in the heads-up or the prize money is putting pressure on you, it is rarely worth discussing the deal more than in 3-max, as there will be a lot of short stacks at the table and this will only benefit them, provided that that you are one of the chip leaders

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no because I prefer to play and go for the first prize

H

hcuervo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I made only one deal at the final table and it was very beneficial for both of us, if I would keep doing it, those deals are good:D:icon_sant

jj77jwj

jj77jwj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No I keep playing for that first place I like when people try to gang up on me it's a challenge when they double raise ya you got to keep playing your game dont let them distract you

rehktega

rehktega

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Você faz um acordo na mesa final

Well I've made it to several final tables, but it depends a lot on how many chips you have, and also the stick jump.

C

Carlloss

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We shouldn't be so greedy, it can sometimes seem silly to choose to make less money when you are the chip leader. But I see it as a good thing to guarantee the most money right away.

M

manIk5

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to make deals at final table , but only when there are few of us left . Also that depends on stack sizes , types of opponents and time spent .

But overall , yeah

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't had the chance yet to have enough to split. I am starting to move up to bigger tourneys and stop piddling around with the SNG's.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everyone! :) If to say honestly, I don't understand, why make a deal, :rolleyes: when You hit on the Final Table?!.:cool:
I think, necessary to fight only for the First Place :) by possibility, because Poker is very dispersive :eek: Game ,
and therefore We not often hit for the Final Table...:confused: Hence, when You get that chance:angel:, need to use his by maximum! :cool:
But this is only my private opinion...:smile:

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I never had the opportunity to make a deal at a final table but this is something I would certainly consider. But of course you have to consider the payout structures and stack sizes.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I'm playing big tournaments, which the prizes are very large in the first places, I always like to make a deal, but as long as my stack is very low, in general it will depend on several factors, to me in particular if I like, but when I'm chip leader in a tournament, in this case in a final table nobody likes to make a deal, but it is a good initiative to raise variance in poker tournaments.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I've only dealt 2-3 times and that's because it was too late and the tournament was quite complicated, but apart from those times I like to fight to get the place and the prize that I win at that time

Dimission

Dimission

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No never, feels like a weakness to me. Rather than fighting down with a lower profit.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never made it to the final table in an expensive tournament. If there were big prize money, I would not hesitate to take a deal, because I would probably be the weakest at the table.:D

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is one quote in Poker I really like "Hero to Zero" it often happens when a chip leader refuses to deal and then goes and lose's the lot, quite often they feel invincible and think they are going to win every pot but that is when they have to careful because the other players really don't care and will go all-in with any two cards, because they don't want to drag it out any longer.
I have been on both sides of the coin and usually will deal if the table is around even in stacks and the others agree, but if I have a huge chip advantage I will play the same way as a player who does not give a damn and call with practically any two card's, I have even in some games called without looking at my hole cards (blind) and won hands with some really dumb cards, like 7/2 and 6/2, hands I would normally fold, but to be honest any two cards can win at the showdown, that's Poker!

When the fun Stops, STOP!

"any two cards can win at the showdown, that's Poker!"

Even with all the concepts, math's and knowledge we have this is a "true statement" hard to swallow.

Your post puts all my thoughts in a nutshell, sometimes the hours will can save in the table, you could easily seize with your family.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should make a deal when:
1. you dont believe you are the best player
2. you have something else you need to do
3. they give you a favorable icm split

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The Big Game

No! in the online tournament, the final table is the fastest moment in the tournament