Do you make a deal when you get to the final table?

W

winnie1993

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it is big money for me i can do that, but usually i continue play

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had a few finals last year and when the deal was offered I didn't pay attention to it because I was the chipleader of the tournament and there was no concern, but after a few hands my stack was empty and I finished in 7th place. And once in the top 3.I think if there is an opportunity to make a deal, then for sure I will agree to the division.

TommyT

TommyT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the time yes so the bubble gets popped.. im talking about live games ofc. then when heads up if the stacks are even then a deal will be considered

Spielkind

Spielkind

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Deal NEVER! why should i give away as a chipleader thousands of dollars. The real Fight and luck ends in a HU ! AYE!

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
I do when I am on the low stack end. I once make a deal in a head to head for first and second
once someone trick me to make a deal, when I was well ahead, I think it was an English problem, since I didnt realized until it was done. :banghead:

oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips
I usually do a deal if it depends on me, I always try to be friendly at the table !!

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always say I won't do a deal, but I have done several times. and looking back regretted it, should have just let the cards fall where they would.

frazzle1991

frazzle1991

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
I would. Whether ahead or not, but it depends on the moment it is suggested, I may or may not want to.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
It depends if the distribution of prizes is suitable for everyone, otherwise I play until the end.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends a lot on the other players and also on the price.

D

darkryanx22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not really familiar with the deal, it has never happened to me, and which poker rooms can do that? Currently I play pokerstar and I have not seen that option anywhere, but if there was one, I really don't know if I would, it would have to be very in my favor (in that case I would be at a disadvantage and therefore I would accept), if not I would fight for the first place

G

Galette71

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i realy dont know what i will do ... because i never reach a final talbe yet... but i think i would

papapokera85

papapokera85

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hey! I didn't reach grand prizes, I didn't have to! And in small tournaments, I just took 1 place and that's it)

S

StateDeParis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, because i play small mtt, but if is big money sure.

B

booosteeer23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congratulations ! Let this first place in touring be not last, but a good result, well done!

victorem

victorem

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It depends on what table, what tournament, how many chips are in the stack, etc.
Mostly not.
I prefer to play.
I think if the deal is profitable, then you need to agree.
There can be no other reason.

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you do?

Good morning!
If I made it to the final table in a tournament that is dear to me and understand that I am inferior in class to other players, then yes, I will make a deal.

BustyBusters

BustyBusters

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tourney Chops

In a medium to high stake poker tourney would you chop, make a deal, or play for all of it?
I personally play for all.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never chop because I would regret it if won and reduced the prize if finished second or third for example I would still be fairly happy as it was a good run.
No regrets shuffle the cards please dealer no matter who the opponent is or how big the prize is.
Can understand why people plead for a deal wanting to know who has not checked the box but seeing all players going all in randomly then after a chop as the prize does not matter any more too I think that ruins the spirit of the game if I am honest.

Last edited:
slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play for it all aswell, only time i would chop is if we are super deep and even stacks, but thats rarely

i play for it all 99.9% of the time cause i know i can beat them ;)

you play a tournament for the win not for 2nd place :D

M

mortimccarthy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Make deals all the time in live poker if it's getting late and have been playing for hours but usually its only between the last 2 or 3 players left, dont think i have ever seen it online..

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Make deals all the time in live poker if it's getting late and have been playing for hours but usually its only between the last 2 or 3 players left, dont think i have ever seen it online..
I made deals few times on pokerstars...

Spielkind

Spielkind

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NO DEAL NEVER.... i got this question today in HU at 50$ social Freeroll! Sorry M8 who lost the HU:) HUG