Do you hate the very long late registration time?

W

wizz99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It can be a pain when you don't want to be playing all night long and you just want the regging to stop.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ABHOR

Hates a very strong word, but I am with you I do not like the super long late reg periods.
I ABHOR with EXTREME PREJUDICE long late registration periods.
Talking specifically about buyin events on ACR 2 of the daily micro events 1500gtd and 2k gtd both have 4+ hour late registration periods.
Playing them is extremely grueling, during the day usually on the weekends, and also extremely rewarding when you take one down.

During the week - after work - if one chooses, they could late reg one of these events, but unless that person is extremely lucky, it's a plow to make the money. Often the tourney will end late registration with nearly 250 to ITM with the top 180 cashing.

SillentHunterZ

SillentHunterZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like it when its 5-15min late registration and thats it.

Jardel Barros

Jardel Barros

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Too much

I do hate it. It sucks when you're winning, and the number of contestants doesn't drop. It only increases.:mad:

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ACR has done some things that I believe are good for poker, I am talking to small to mid stakes tournament poker. We could have a very different conversation about cash games but that is a different thread.

Anyway, ACR has taken the unlimited entry and LLlllloooooonnnnnggggg late registration to new levels. 4 hours of late reg seems to be the new normal.

Instead of hating things beyond my control, I try to develop a strategy that might give me an advantage against the players in my player pool.

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I’m not really into the 4 hrs of late reg. I understand from their perspective it helps them reach their guarantee but it can be tedious. I usually late reg but don’t like to jump in with less the 40 or 50 bigs which is usually little less then halfway through. If it’s a really big guarantee though I try to reg on time or close to it.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

I really dont understand that
If it was less time didn´t they make more games?
Besides late reg of more than 30 min i go away and think that a lot of players too
Rgds

Miguelpaniura0893

Miguelpaniura0893

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These late registrations are annoying, For example in America card room they are twenty minutes late registration, those who registered before starting the tournament should start and end, it is a disadvantage to players who bet strong starting and then a new registration comes with more chips than him and he can play from you to you, they should remove that from the records late, they do not contribute anything to the game, rather they harm the punctual players.

C

chapufer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
if i hate long late registrations !! They are a waste of time !!

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

Yes . I think that late registration periods of 2 or more hours are exessive. They shoul be an hour at the most.. I think the game would be mor dynamic.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No its part of the game . Just adapt.

Bobbybones1950

Bobbybones1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some nice freerolll tournaments have a very late registration time, sometimes 180 minutes of late registration! You have to be very, very patient before you see the number of poker players drop in the tournament.I do not like this kind of freerolls, you too?

Pure insanity. Even some of the $$ cash tournaments 3 hours late registration.
:banghead:

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hate them is not quit the word I would use to describe my issues with these stupid long late registration times. I used to play more when they did not have them the way they do not but its hard to play with a late registration or 4 hours plus when you have a job. While it does allow for a bigger guaranty is some events I am sure there are many people who would play more if they were much smaller.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes hate the ones that have 4 hours + late reg especially freerolls!

Dont mind the 1 hour 30min late regs to 2 hours 30min but beyond that it gets annoying. Always late reg a tournament a bit later than usual

Never feel like i get action most of the times when starting early when blinds are so low!

And you play lets say 4hours (2.30hours late reg added) and after those 4 hours since its such a long late reg you arent even close to itm since a lot late reg last second.

Rather have a low late reg timer
And higher blind levels

Driquez

Driquez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not always,but it's nice to see paid places and prices increase.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes

Yes, I don't care for long late registration tournaments.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate long late registrations... because i hate it when people buy-in into
a push or fold situation wen the blinds are already high and then steal your
stack by getting lucky with the weaker hand.
If it was my choice the max late reg time frame would be 2 levels.

nanida888

nanida888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Indeed, when late registration lasts a very long time, it is not interesting, for me the meaning of the game is lost, especially if I flew out, and then re-entered and flew out again, and late registration goes on, it’s hard. Completely in agreement with the author of the question).

W

watso

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it’s annoying when the field keeps expanding by hundreds each minute after the tourney started.

T

tamara822

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like tournaments that have a long registration period. I am quite annoyed that a couple of freerolls that I like to play have such a period. That's why I stopped playing them.

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always hated that late registration time because in the end one of those is favored by chance to improve and win us in the end

kidkarioka

kidkarioka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly, these tournaments don't make sense. Especially when it comes to tournaments whose tickets are cheap. It is tedious to spend 6 to 8 hours playning. But I adapt and come in at the last minute. Certainly, I wait for the best moment and put aggression in the play. However, the organizers should listen to the players more and thus take into account their predilections. I think it would be good for all of us. Well, just read the posts to realize that more than 90% don't like this format. ACR wakes up to reality!

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If a freeroll tournaments has a very late registration time, I don't care it's free.

oakthyago

oakthyago

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
they do it because usually there is a min. garanted. they have all the statistics for all the tournaments and know how many time takes to make sure that all will happens as they announced.

so the real good question is makes difference to you start a long late registration tournament early or late?