Do you hate the very long late registration time?

C

ChapmanLad

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
100%. One hour max late registration but that's the very top end. Should be 10-30 mins cut off.

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Long Late Registration

Some nice freerolll tournaments have a very late registration time, sometimes 180 minutes of late registration! You have to be very, very patient before you see the number of poker players drop in the tournament.I do not like this kind of freerolls, you too?

I avoid these two hour or longer late registrations, really it is almost impossible to be ahead of the field until after the two hours pass...too much wasted time for too little positive results:):):)

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
No I like this. I like that people can sit out and wait to come into a tournament.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
180 minutes of late registration for any tourney is painful. It won't stop me from playing, but usually causes me to join at least 1 hour late.

D

DaMooca

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are some tournaments in the ACR that I am not mistaken the late registration goes up to level 12 of the blinds increase. People who do not enter with one or two curtains, have to enter and go all in with the first two cards they receive.
I don't see the point of having such a late registration.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I can't help but agree . These ultralong registrations really drag things out which is tiring at the end of the day and reduces the quality of play in my case at any rate

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yup, I find my patience has really decreased.

Frankly, I do not like playing anything that gets close to an hour let alone two or three. You will have to endure the normal bingo-type frenzy when the tourney starts and then endure another such round when late reggers come in with a couple of blinds and then play any two cards.

Have literally no idea why late registration is applied to free rolls.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!Choose which tournaments you will play.The choice is great!There are many tournaments of your character in the lobby.so what's the deal take and conquer.Good luck friend!

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes it is a bit to long, but the site is trying to make as much money
as possitable on every game.

19honu62

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to detest the long late reg but I really dont mind now as I have played under that format and it all boils down to developing a good strategy for playing with 200+ 100+ etc BB

ComfyPanda

ComfyPanda

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not a big fan of long late reg, but I've grown accustomed to dealing with it. It can force people registering really late to play a bit loose since they are so short stacked, so if you can take that into account it can be beneficial.

P

Pokerman32750

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They have freerolls at pokerstars with unlimited .11 cent rebuys with late registration for half an hour.. 5,000 starting chip stack and add ons for 50,000 chips a little while after late registration closes... a lot of donks I almost came top 7 out of 4,000 plus yesterday to mega Sunday Million satellite

H

horseshoebhole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am with you on this one. I think most tournaments have entirely too long of a registration time. I can see them giving a little extra time for live tournaments because some unforseen circumstances but with the internet being so easily accessed... I just do not understand it. Not a fan!

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some nice freerolll tournaments have a very late registration time, sometimes 180 minutes of late registration! You have to be very, very patient before you see the number of poker players drop in the tournament.I do not like this kind of freerolls, you too?

It sounds like I may be going against the grain with my preference of a very long late registration period. I typically join toward the end of registration and enjoy seeing that players have already bought in 7, 8 or 9 times. :)

W

woodeng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not like the long late registration times, but I also don't agree that you wait until the last 30 minutes to 'buy into' the game because you chip stack is too small . . . I think that playing these free rolls can be used to learn patience and to have the self control to only play really strong hands until the late registration expires. Again, I think these type of tournaments are excellent for perfecting one's patience and self control.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do hate long late registration periods. 20 minutes or so should be the max. The serious poker doesn't start till it's over. Till then it's all about pushing and shoving to gain a BIG enough advantage to make it through the late registration period to get to the real game.

I often (like many, many others) wait till well into the late reg period to enter a tourney. The sites like the long late reg periods because so many people bust early (during the free-for-all shove-fest period) and pay to re-enter/re-buy. It's all about fees & rake. Plus the more money players put in the less (if any) the site has to put in to make up the "Guaranteed" prize pools.

Last edited:
D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate such registration delays. You look at the diminishing number of players and how the monetary zone is approaching, and here, as it were, time stands still and more and more new players arrive. It annoys me. And what is the point of entering so late when the largest stack of the leader's chip can exceed 100 times of the received chips at the entrance.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess the poker rooms, by having these types of tourneys, don't really care about the health of their players. Or maybe they think we have our computers hooked up to treadmills.

# Sitting is the new smoking

italorohdrigues

italorohdrigues

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends, if I'm playing only one tournament and its 2 hour long late reg than its anoying, specially if it is a freeroll with a small prizepool, it's just not worth to play for hours and hours to get $2 dollars

Bounty mtts I love 2 hours long late registration though, I love to have a confortable stack and seeing people getting late in the game with 10-20bbs when I'm sitting with 100+

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Well ... I usually play pokerstar's "Big" tournaments ... and these tournaments have about 2 hours late registration ... let's say I'm used to it ... but I've seen tournaments that are between 3 and 5 hours late registration ... in these I will definitely not play ...!

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate such registration delays. You look at the diminishing number of players and how the monetary zone is approaching, and here, as it were, time stands still and more and more new players arrive. It annoys me. And what is the point of entering so late when the largest stack of the leader's chip can exceed 100 times of the received chips at the entrance.

Because I can save 3 1/2 hours of time, still have a 45% chance of being ITM and have a top 10 stack if I win 2 or 3 flips. :)

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Where did you get that 45% chance. You should have at most 15% survivability after all-ins. This is also a lot I have written.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like such tournaments with a long registration delay. Although a couple of times I myself used this opportunity.