Do you hate the very long late registration time?

J

jonnybegoode

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Super late registrations takes away from the game

I think it depends. In general, I am a fan of late registration, as it boosts tournament prize pools. However, I think some websites have late registrations that last so freaking long, that it takes away from the game a little bit. Having a 5 or 6 hour late registration, and being able to register with only 10 to 15 big blinds for a normal structured tournament is borderline ridiculous. Especially when the average player at that point has 4 to 5 times your starting stack. I think they should shorten some late registrations and that 25 big blinds for non turbos should be a minimum. Otherwise, its an all in fest for all the late entrants, right away. Moreover, while it is fun to turn a small stack into a big stack once in awhile, this is draining player's accounts and leaving players with a bad tournament experience more often than not.

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
in fact, I don’t like tournaments with a lot of hours

L

lesson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The long late registration pisses me off very much. You sit and wait for these fish to fly out with their all-in on any map

R

rightthere300

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I do....12-15 levels is just too much. Think it should be 30 minutes max

B

bruno1234poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like late registration in any ocasions.

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is one of the situations in which I feel that it will never end and more competitors will continue to enter and the variance still continues to arrive in favor of the new ones hahahaha it's bad luck that

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Late Registration Times

Some nice freerolll tournaments have a very late registration time, sometimes 180 minutes of late registration! You have to be very, very patient before you see the number of poker players drop in the tournament.I do not like this kind of freerolls, you too?

Yes I don't like the 2 hour late registrations as well the continuous re-buys,, To me this means the tourney doesn't really start until the Late Reg'n is over and the Re-buys are done then the fun begins..:):):)

F

FluDhs

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont like it too. We can't know the field of the tournament until the late reg is over. In some tournaments it grows a lot on the late period

luispino88

luispino88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really hate tournaments that have a late registration of more than 30min

P

PointedTip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rebuys and late registrations keep messing with the rank... which can affect my strategy.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't hate it I even like it, when I forget the schedule, it helps a lot the late entries

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thats the main reason I dont play at ACR . 3-4 hours late registration for almost every tournament with a guaranteed prize, just so they make sure its not gonnacomeout of their pockets !!!! No thanks no ACR for me

Frenzeco

Frenzeco

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes i do,with a passion...plus the add ons and rebuys

M

matiascecci1990

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, i Hate that!, but you know the rules before registrer!

S

Superhansi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, it should be short reg time all the time.

luckyhenri

luckyhenri

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If a tournament has a very late registration time, it usually feels like that the blinds don't go up quick as, so I like it.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

I hate it . I think it is just to long for late registration. should be 60 minutes max-

gaarsiass

gaarsiass

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
I do not like long late registration, as for me it could be 1h, sometimes I will play. in a tournament with a longer late registration, but I never play such tournaments from the beginning, only register in the middle.

B

Blue22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree, I do not like long late registrations ... if there is a late registration half an hour is lots. I have mixed feelings about the best time to get into these tournaments because I feel that if you wait too long you are so far behind and so short stacked. So I don't have any great answers on dealing with these tournaments ... just wish they would shorten the registration period.:(

S

shaggy33

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rassberry

late registration and low buy in make for specific play and frustration…we have all seen it…. Consistent aggressive play…and poor play at that….the ranges are….well anything goes…..some one will write a book on the transparency of late registration play.title it
THE RASSBERRY……

L

Lucky_Shark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually don't care. So that's all right.

H

hohol97

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is bad for me, I do not use this tournament. Usually I play low fields mtts with 100-200 players, and can finish my session in 1 hour after registering last tournament, so I do not like play 1 tournament very big time

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yup, I find my patience has really decreased.

Frankly, I do not like playing anything that gets close to an hour let alone two or three. You will have to endure the normal bingo-type frenzy when the tourney starts and then endure another such round when late reggers come in with a couple of blinds and then play any two cards.

Have literally no idea why late registration is applied to free rolls.

Why don't you 'move up to where they respect your raises'?

K

Knava999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, it doesn't matter to me at all whether it's a long registration or not, the most important thing is that the card is valid! The rest is irrelevant.