Do you ever get mad with yourself because you made a bad play?

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We should always be upset when we play badly. If we know it's a bad move, why play it anyway?

natasha555

natasha555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you always make mistakes, of course, it's insulting, but mistakes are also different, and it's difficult to correctly guess the opponent's cards, especially hard to guess that he is holding a set.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Sometimes, yes. But I try not to overrate it. There will be other games next day or days... Just calm down and think or discuss about with someone else, what was the mistake and your thoughts. This helps a lot.

R

RicardoTolfo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
happens champs... Cold mind, greatest winnings

Erzsicica

Erzsicica

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I kick my head to the table :D

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't play with a lot of regrets.

I usually have a good reason for something I did and sometimes I am wrong.

I am much more interested in how I could have played the hand differently to win it than getting mad at myself or beating myself up.

Good luck !

K

kostyan387

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes it happens! Playing for about 7 hours and then making some stupid things...
I'am getting mad at myself... Telling myself what an idiot i am...

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get mad at myself a lot, my hand with the mouse, acts by itself.
Not following the order from my brain :)

jamie Smith

jamie Smith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All the time.... For some reason on occasions, i get transfixed on particular cards and think they are winners, and lose all sense of concentration and thought process, thinking I have the nuts....... then get annoyed when i miss a boat or flush draw that hits......

voli106

voli106

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when I lose I'm angry with myself and the hand, everything could be different:damnmate:

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try not to make any mistakes of course. But sometimes we can underestimate the strength of our opponents hand and get it in bad. But how can we know it is a mistake unless we play the cards we are dealt.

We have to make the best desicion with the limited information available to us, and sometimes we make the mistake. Other times we make the correct choice and we lose because our opponent gets lucky.

If you are making total punts like calling a shove on the turn with nothing but a gutshot straight draw then you should be mad at yourself and learn from your mistakes

A

audacity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have but anymore I catch myself and smile and don't make much of it.

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes, I folded a pair of 6 preflop following a big raise, the 6.7.7 flop, the two players made allin with DD and 10.10, and I had a full, I got upset against myself

A

alannalmeida

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really got your point

For example, yesterday I was playing a freeroll where i was at 1 position to get some reward, but i've got week hand, but, for any reason, I thought that was a good idea go for all in. And whats happened ? I've lost everything, i really understand your point, this make me mad few times.

A

aces4allin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No i usually get mad at the donk that call my bad play with crap even worse than mine and he sucks out lol

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep I make a mistake much more frequent then I'd like to admit. It really motivated me to get some coaching and fix bad habits and fill the holes in my game.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely. For me though one of the things I need to avoid is entering more tournaments after a long sesh. Playing tournaments tired makes it so much easier to make mistakes and make silly moves. If you can walk away after bad beats or make sure your in a positive mind frame it is much easier to profit.

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its normal to become mad and frustrated after making a mistake or doing something you shouldn't. I'm learning to be smart enough to review the mistake before I completely blast myself. I'd rather know exactly what I did wrong then just think "god I'm an idiot".

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No. never. Not once. I just get mad at you for bad posts. Then I get over it.

Johnson baker

Johnson baker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad play usually happens when I play too fast.

pandaboy

pandaboy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes i make mistakes at poker... sometimes it is good and i win with worst hand.... sometimes i leave after mistakes... but no, i never get mad...because you can make a good play and lose... it is poker and you should be ready for this