Do you ever get mad with yourself because you made a bad play?

_420_420_

_420_420_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yes, this is common for me, but I think this anger/self doubt give me motivation to learn, grown and play better

S

SeriousBizzness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I think to myself what an idiot why did I do that after doing something stupid and I am then out of the tournament.
IT HAPPENS TO THE BEST OF US PAL. BEST THING THAT YOU CAN DO IS LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES. THATS ALL THAT I CAN SAY ABOUT THAT.

frankthebunny

frankthebunny

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Made a big mistake today and ended my tourney life way too early. Meant to fold but cat hair got in my laser mouse and I clicked on the wrong button.

Attachments

• record_000018_New.gif
    record_000018_New.gif
    460.7 KB · Views: 30
A

always2away

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always get mad at myself if I make a bad play.

I try very hard not to get mad at myself when I make the right play and get sucked out on. I dont always succeed.

S

sid kendell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes especially when I keep making the same mistake over and over.Like 3-bet shoving over an agressive raiser in micro tournaments. They are not folding any hand they raise with.

H

hellomynameiswhat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes

yes. But I am trying to get better at evaluating whether my play was truly bad. I watched a great thing by Doug Polk and he was talking about how people sometimes think a play was bad or good because of the outcome. What we should be thinking is if I did this play 100 times how often would it work. When we know it would never pay then yeah I get mad at myself. lol

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm learning the best thing that you can do when you've made a bad play is to take a quick break and evaluate what happened, get back into the game and try not to make the same mistake again.

H

hatabych

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Always wicked after when he realized what could be done differently)

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aye if had 5 dollars for every time I made a booboo and got mad at myself I would be a millionaire Hindsight is a great thing lol

AshK44

AshK44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am sure everyone has been upset with themselves on many occasions. It part of learning and growing as a player. If you don’t care and don’t get upset with yourself then you are never going to improve.

K

Klito

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get very angry when i make bad decisions ... it sometimes even effect my gameplay

T

TheShek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, not infrequently. Even the best players make bad decisions and beat themselves up. But that's the motivation we use to get better and try to avoid making the same mistakes. I am happy if I play well and the cards don't fall my way, but I get upset with myself if I play poorly.

L

lantz123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everybody makes mistakes, all you can do is learn from them

Viera56

Viera56

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This happens to me once in a live tournament that I was leading in chips. In a moment of euphoria I spoke ALL IN, and it was 92off. The table swiftly folded, until BB called "i call" with KK. It was a satellite tournament and I was virtually guaranteed. I remember leaving the club with a bundle in my stomach. For some hands afterwards I ended up falling.

vagrantjunki3

vagrantjunki3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, but I don't get overly upset. I know it's probably because I'm not focused on the game for one reason or another.

Ragequit

Ragequit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think everyone gets mad with themselves. What's important is learning from the mistake and moving up.

R

R

Rufun2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
stupid me

yes i get mad a poor or bad play by myself that puts me on tilt and the nex thing i know im out of the tournyment

O

one3one

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very much so. Often times this puts me on tilt more than a bad beat. If I make a bad move in a tourney that puts me on the sidelines I get pretty upset with myself.

On the plus side - I throw a silver lining on this and realize I at least identify and admit my mistake so I hopefully don't do it again. Improving and learning from your mistakes - that's a huge piece of success!

Last edited:
Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OHHHHHHHHHH YESSSSSSS!!!!!!. That's why i just checked into cardschat. Just finished two tournaments. Almost made the top ten in one, and was almost into the money on the other. Stayed out of some hands with what I thought were "bad cards" according to Poker School, but they turned to be the best hand (after I folded). Then I went into hands with the "good cards" and got rivered by guys with crap. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You would not be in the game if you did not make some stupid moves from time to time. Staying out of a hand with so called bad cards that would actually have won. GRRRRRRR. Then going in with good cards like AA or KK and getting your butt kicked. DOUBLE GGRRRRRRRRRRRRR

N

notahead

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes think everyone has done this before sometimes just need step back think about what you are doing to outside sit out a few hands and decompress if still in if you busy just remember and try not to repeat some times you will punt tournaments but as long you had solid logic behind why you did it all will be fine in long run just decompress and learn

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All of us goes, we all make mistakes at the tables, it is important to learn from those mistakes to improve, study that hand, look we could do differently to keep that hand.
After a session of poker, it is important to analyze the most important hands.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
No, I would not like to be in a constant state of being mad.

:top:

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I always get upset when that happens to me, and if I still have chips in the tournament I lose control and I lose everything and I finish more annoying than I already was, other times that only makes me stronger and I recover

R

RobQQ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all the time

Especiall when im sitting on like KK or AA and i bet someone comes over the top and i put them on trips or two pair but yet i still call. Most times i follow my gut but in certain cases I just cant let those monster hands go