Do you ever get mad with yourself because you made a bad play?

T

Top Top

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always tilted after busting my stack or getting kicked off

sergik1992

sergik1992

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I think to myself what an idiot why did I do that after doing something stupid and I am then out of the tournament.

I think more certian defenition is UPSET, but no MAD )
It`s weakness for poker player, we have to control our emotions! It helps in future games!

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I think to myself what an idiot why did I do that after doing something stupid and I am then out of the tournament.
I just did this last night. I ask myself "why" then try to really understand why I played badly. Sometimes, like last night, I even have these thoughts while I'm sleeping. Then, when I truly understand and own my play... I feel better and get over it!

H

Hunterlewis31

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get mad at least once a sit down, whether I dont make a call i should have or dont lay down like i should have.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think our common misfortune is the lack of discipline in the game. Fear of the blinds of their growth, a desire to increase their stack.
More should be addressed to mathematics in the game. learn quickly to consider the opportunity to improve your hand and not be afraid of your doubts.
And we all will become better

cskwin

cskwin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We all get to this spot manier times because it is Poker. We make an all in call with AA or even with full house and get a bad beat.

Mostly you need to focus on calling with the hand you win or lose major stack is crucial.
"better luck next time" that's the only word left when we get bad beat.

MoryMorte

MoryMorte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This happens most of the time when you are playing a higher than normal stackes. You get too emotional and blame yourself for too long. Say: Meh, I screwed up, take notes and move on

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
rr

Yes .Some times i let my feelings decide for me.It is no good at all...i can loose a lot of chips.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I make mistakes like almost everyone else does. I try not to let them get me down though. The best mistakes are the ones you learn from and try not to repeat them.

Clowntown

Clowntown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All the time..... I try not to be too hard on myself though and just learn from the mistake and try not to make it again. A lot of mistakes come from getting greedy or impatient so try to not let these emotions control your play.

R

RounderRob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No. Don't bring emotions to the tables!!!

kittykittykat

kittykittykat

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that's how you learn, by making mistakes.

Terrell423

Terrell423

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I do... especially when I don't listen to my gut

A

always2away

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Uh, duh.
If it promotes constructive change it can be very useful.
If it promotes diminished self-esteem that usually leads to self destruction.
Life is ups and downs. What choices one makes creates one's world.

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I get mad at myself and very discouraged.
So when all this goes, I try to see where I went wrong and fix this mistake!

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes especially when I let my pride get in the way:) I let other plays get under my skin.

N

NutsForPLO

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I do. And it’s okay to, just don’t let it get you on tilt and start playing worse because of it.

I rather be mad at myself for making a bad play and learning from it. Many bad players will say “I’m running so bad”, when in turn I see it as a bad play and they don’t learn from it.

H

haank5

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Heartland poker tour

Sit in on a 85.00 buy in MTT smaller qualifier tonight. Early on i had built a decent stack going into level 4-5. BB Antes as well and 20 min blinds so i was trying to be Aggressive early on playing 6 handed between 3 tables.

Raised under the Gun AJ off
Guy two spots down lets out a snarl under his breath. Instantly i'm thinking i must of jammed up his bet. He calls A78 comes the flop i Raise 2/3 pot he's burning a hole right through comes over the top reraises (Guts screaming i'm beat i know deep down hes got AK/AQ) I've played with the gentleman before i know how he plays. I know i'm stuck with a decision Reraise or just walk away from the hand and fold. CALL... what the hell did i just do... call was for about half my stack... check/check.... talk about just derailing a tournament was.

Sitting comfortably heads up against a quality player that i know will lay down a hand. dropped the ball without ever putting him in a position to make a decision. allowed him to double up basically while leaving myself witha bout 15BB forcing me to tighten up and gimp the rest of the way into a 15th place finish while some how hanging around through 5-6 all in fighting for blind money.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure - angry and tilt is a problem many players. Own mistakes in the game have to be eliminated. This is what poker education is about.

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes i get bored and start to rush my decisions. I want to make game interesting so i bluff much more. This is the habit that i eradicated from my game. Now when i get bored i just put on some music, get some snacks and im much more patient.

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often get angry with myself for my bad game.
Sometimes I get run over and then I just tell myself it happens to everyone. But sometimes I'm really stupid. Here I know that it is not necessary to do so, that it is already passed the stage of training, but still make the same mistake!!! It's just making me mad.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get mad at myself a lot but that might be a good thing if it prevents me from making the same mistake in the future.

T

TheShek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, absolutely. The worst thing you can do is keep playing and keep on making bad plays, and chase your losses. When you're not playing well the best thing to do is sit out and review your play objectively, post some hands and work on playing better.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Unfortunately, it is always difficult for me to accept or face the mistakes we make in tournaments, unfortunately it is often difficult to keep going after making a mistake, but we must try to go ahead and correct mistakes

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I actually have learned to deal with my mistakes very well. I am never happy when i make a mistake but I have learned that if i use it as a poker lesson is beneficial. I also used a lot of Elliot Roe's advise on mindfulness. It has taken quite a while to get to the point i am but so worth it. Instead of tilting and making more mistake i acknowledge my feeling and let it go. Recently at a live event I had a truly sick bad beat happen against me. The table was looking at me ready for the explosion but the looks on there face when i taped the table and wished everyone the best of luck was funny as hell. Just shocked them all with my reaction.