Do you change something in your play if you not get any good hand long time?

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Are you stalling for a bubble and still waiting for a good hand, or starting to play with any two, anything else?
Sometimes i become more aggressive than usual and try to steal pots, as the only way to survive till the bubble.

Vin Keyzone

Vin Keyzone

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe you really should be constantly changing styles Adjusting to the tables players. I always default to tight-passive when moved tables initially; but that really depends how deep is my stack and hards I have.

daddybrooks

daddybrooks

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, yes, I do. It does work out sometimes, but of course i'm usually lower stack wise by that time and even when i hit a good hand, tend to still get out drawn. I hear ya tho, you get 10,3 for three hands in a row and the 10 is the biggest card you've seen for half hour, it's frustrating as hell.

I

ireneuszmasajlo

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Long time ago I belived waiting for good hands is soil off poker ... any two hands man now and go bingo dont worry just push all in your j 7 off call all in with A 2 you have chance man see how profesional players plays on youtube benc or other big players. Good hands??? Put it in a....s

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
i bet when u wait for good hands , and finaly u receive one , and go all in , like i expect you to do , and if u lose u will be so dissapointed man

J

JAJONGLEUR

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't change anything in my game. I continue to utilize the other factors that are important. Bad cards only keep me from playing out of position but it won't keep me from getting the villains chips.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Are you stalling for a bubble and still waiting for a good hand, or starting to play with any two, anything else?

If you mean a single tourney, never, especially that finally i've found a room where is a pretty good MTT reward system, but reaching ITM is very important, so no.

If it is in weeks, months long run, yes, i do, often after several days for a while.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. You have to get involved more. Playing connectors and two suited cards that can also make a straight. Bet small to see the flop. Good luck!

L

Lucky_Shark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't change anything in my game if the hand doesn't go. I continue to follow the strategy.

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you don't have a long good hand, expand your range. but poker is a game of patience.

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I just hope there's a good hand. I've lived through moments like this and then I despaired because my chips were going away and there was no way at least a decent hand would come, then I'd go for any and I just got bad.
Now I wait and just wait.

P

pete_ferret

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am constantly changing everything about my play. Keep you buggers on your toes. Lol

R

recoveryagent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i change mine all the time i can get good cards and lose the house with them so i play a wide range

L

lhmove

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well when playing ggpoker they reveal your vpip so usually when you dont get good hands and don't call your vpip would be low . and other players can see that , so basically sometimes when i have low vpip, even with a bad hand i shove and player would think i am safe player that got a good hand so they fold.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
of course... i try to adapt my play if i dont get good cards., sometimes you have to bluff...:))

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

I change my playing style all the way through a game, sometimes "Tight" sometimes "Aggressive" but eventually it usually boils down to an all-in or fold situation, where if I am willing to call I am willing to shove.
I think unless you have a decent chip stack towards the end of a game, it is the only way to get a double up and take control of the betting, which is where you really want to be, dominating the table and stealing blinds from players not wanting to go out until they ladder a few more places.
Poker is a strategic game and you have to be patient when you are drawing dead hands, but sometimes even the worst hands can win, I have called many all-in shoves with a pocket pair of 2/2 or 3/3 knowing they could be shoving with any Ace/rag, I have also called with a bare paint card, King, Queen or Jack with any other card, knowing that players will shove in desperate situations and at the end of the day any two cards can win.
In one particular game I called an all-in without looking at my cards, simply because I had such a huge stack advantage, and won with a 6/2 off just because my 2 paired against a A/K suited. Skill NO! Luck Definitely! But it was Funny!

When the fun Stops, STOP!

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As for my playing in tournaments, it all depends on the situation and on the opponents. Sometimes I sit and wait a long time for a card when the blinds are still small. And when it comes to the end of the tournament, then you don't really expect a card, and you start taking risks with not at all strong cards. But the game strategy also depends on the size of my stack.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Within reason..

If I think a bad streak will end if I expand my range, I will; within reason. J7off Q8off, connectors off, junk aces off, K9off.
If I stay disciplined, things will break my way; not relying on insane luck.

J

jason2626

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm big jay im the greatest of all and can't wait to prove it. Should be getting advice from me

Play it slow and tight then when you start getting quality hands loosen up it's called plying the wave

Last edited by a moderator:
nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

In poker, you cannot win by playing passively. Turn on any stream of a professional player - he will bet more often than check. And often these are big bets, and often such pressure will force opponents to fold. Many novice players play passively, not trying to outplay opponents and paying attention only to their cards. If they don't hit the board, they check and effectively stop fighting. Opponents understand everything and take the pot by bluffing.

Bambini7777

Bambini7777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
basically you always play without a hand, that's how poker is;)

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
I try to be patient and wait. Only if my bankroll go to end, I try to play with cards that I get.

A

arsenalcho_1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi

I try to play one way without changing my style, even losing a few hands with strong cards. As I play very tight and wait for good cards, I continue to follow this rule and things work out

D

denis_og79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, it is necessary to adapt the game to the situation you are going through, open the range more

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands