Do you change something in your play if you not get any good hand long time?

Luca Santos

Luca Santos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
in position it is always possible to get a good game.

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when a good hand does not come, then I try not to take risks, but in position I open marginal hands and sometimes it works, but I don’t use it too much.

Vegas77

Vegas77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Good Question

This is an excellent question. When my hands are sucking, I will fold before the flop until I get the monstor.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I stay parient and i know my good hand will come ....but i fold almos al my hand and wait gor pocket pairor like a-k a-q

D

DaHawk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess honestly adapting is a part of my game. I'm a tournament player so different stages of the tournament call for different strategies. Its not so much hand selection for me but looking for spots that I can capitalize utilizing position and taking others play, amount of chips they hold and whether they're tight or loose.

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Change it up

Do you change something in your play if you not get any good hand long time?

Are you stalling for a bubble and still waiting for a good hand, or starting to play with any two, anything else?

Basically the answer for me is Yes, I normally play Micro MTT 18 or 45 players and when I hit a run of Bad Luck or Bad Variance when I can't get a draw or win a flip or regularly get out kicked I will switch to a low level Zoom and unbelievably over 75% of the time I will make 2 or more times my entry bankroll within 15 or 20 minutes, the only times I have went bust in these Zooms is when I over stay...like I have doubled my start roll and decide to stay a little longer and invariably I will hit a bad one and lose it all.:):):)

P

pete_ferret

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Need to loosen up alot, more bluffs. Some days you won't pick up anything playable for over an hour. Infuriating:mad:

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Definetly no :) i'm waiting with angel patience to good position, and good hand for it. and also a good oponnent. Then i start massive atack :)

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.In those situations ,I try to be patient but not that much because sometimes you have to take some risks like stealing blinds or even, if I get a small pair or an ace, I will go all in and try to double up .

T

Tidu84

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can win poker hand by two ways. 1, have a better hand than other. 2, Do something that make the others fold.

C

Carlloss

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to stick to a strategy depending on the timing of the tournament or my chip stack. Good hands are infrequent, especially when you have a short stack, I believe you have to play the situation, like when you are in late position with an all-in/fold stack, you should go with almost any two cards, and expect to steal the ante and blinds. It's a better choice than sticking with 8 or 6 blinds and getting called by 2 or 3 players just because it's a "very low all-in", and even if you have AA in that spot, in pots with a lot of players your equity plummets.

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is not always a good game, most of the time it is bad, you have to understand the push and fold strategy, you must also study the probabilities to know what games you can push, make a push table with low blinds.

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Instead of focusing on your cards, focus on spots instead.

What this means is, you shouldn't sit and wait for "a good hand". Instead, you should identify the weaker players at your current table and look for spots where you can attack these players. When you take this approach, your cards don't even matter, you don't even have to look at them!!

Just find the player at your table who seems the most willing to fold when they are faced with an aggressive opponent... try to isolate them in a hand preflop and then attack relentlessly on each street. Don't use this trick on every orbit, but mix it in every so often. You won't be bored even tho you're folding hand after hand because while doing so, you're studying the table closely and trying to identify your "next victim". :) This is one example of a way to break out of a long cold streak. Don't just fold for an hour and fall asleep!! Adopt a different approach, be creative!! Don't go overboard with bluffing, but you will keep your head in the game this way. Good luck!

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
i try to be as patient as possible but sometimes you just have no other choice and you have to play less good hands. But in general the better hands come after a while but how long you should wait for it also depends on how big the blinds are and how the other people play at the table. Many different factors play a role in poker. It's not just about the starting cards but also about position and what impression you leave on the table. Someone who plays very loosely may get called faster than someone who plays very tightly.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play alot at the start when the blinds are low and play almost everything because you never know whats gonna flop. Im usually playing multiple games at a time so I never get bored and itchy wanting to call stuff I shouldn't. Good luck.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I try to play with different strategies. This is poker))

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depending on the type of game I am playing, if it is cash and I have a lot of blinds I play carefree hands type A8 K6 78
Now if I am in a tournament I always stick to the plan until the last moment, play alone good hands

B

BOBMUSSI

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending of the table, but sometimes I open more my ranges to the border in good positions and if I have an opportunity I will bluff some 3-bets against loose players who opening a lot of hands.

M

mouTAT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can change strategy against loose player but it still a mistake to wide your opening range and this can happen to you only if you are not multi tabling cause you are getting bored

B

BodyCount

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Overall, I stick to my original game plan. After all, changing the plan does not bring stronger or weaker holdings.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands