Do you change something in your play if you not get any good hand long time?

passat1600

passat1600

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
As practice in poker does not have bad or good hands as such. There is a percentage ratio of chances to win, and the ability to play your hand so to be with a profit.
You can wait long A-K and lose the player with hand 8-5.

garibe

garibe

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
During a card dead minute, it is good to try and observe how some players react to steals.

Most players will definitely only wait for premium and that is the most advantageous thing for the exploiter.

The hard part, the good players will also notice you :)

I usually have a hard time adapting to situations like this, playing premiums is always good but having a different range to play is something that the player needs to construct in order to survive it.

Some things that have been working for me:

- Bet size;
- BBxSBxBTN - Do use your position and know how to work your game in these situations. This is the spot to work on when you dont have premiums to play. (IMO)

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Trying to play with hand which is not too good with my opinion but there is a chance to get some chips and after a while good hand must come.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
your game should always be the same, and if you do not have hands to play, you will have to apply your game without the cards, in other words some bluffs in your range, but you should never be always expecting to have good cards to play, then you would not be a winner, you have to know how to exploit your opponents that you realize are weak, but always do not abuse.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the cards don't come and the chips run out, you have to adjust to them and take action with weaker cards to keep the chip level at least close to average to have a chance of a final win.

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I make a variation regardless of the hand I receive. Usually some rules are applied that work for me (sometimes not).

L

Lochika

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After not playing long time at the table, the other players will perceive as a tight player, wich result them to play with a tighter range against you. You can take advantage of that by running more stealing plays from late position. Of course you should not open with garbage hands, and not taking this too far, but you definitly can play a bit more loose and open a bit more hands (late position only).:)

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i often start playing junk hands and also get more aggressive . sometimes it works ...sometimes it doesnt :(

unfortunately i dont have much patience

sergui72

sergui72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not changing anything. I'm patiently waiting for my hand or when they will transplant.

JOSEALBERTV

JOSEALBERTV

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I keep my game with only some minimal changes so that the blinds don't eat me up, the opportunity will come at some point and if not, then good luck in the next game.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands