Do you change something in your play if you not get any good hand long time?

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Positional and Situational are the change ups when hand dead for way to long.
More focus on player tendencies and simply get it in good prior to stack depletion.

shim36

shim36

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll wait patiently.

I would also consider steel and squeeze if possible.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you change something in your play if you not get any good hand long time?

Are you stalling for a bubble and still waiting for a good hand, or starting to play with any two, anything else?

No, because I've been playing until then ... we're not just waiting for premium hands. Everyone can do that. if that was all it mattered in poker, everyone could play just as well by reading a starting hand chart and knowing the rules of the game. :)

det0nate

det0nate

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Getting bored is no reason to play hands you would not normally play
-in my opinion
Play your game the why you kno is a winning stagey for you and keep with it
dont let boredom take you out of the game!

L

Laynester

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always do the Tesla move.... and what is the Tesla move?

You circle your laptop 3 times (or your desktop).

You see, Nikola would circle every bldg before he entered it, that has been documented. He would circle it 3 (three) times.

Nikola was in tune with the 3,6,9, universal theory of "creativity". A non stopping chain of events.

As you and I play, we are only fulling a number theory of existence.

If you need help in school, I also tutor.

Thank you for listening!!!

:cool:

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes I change the strategy of trying to steal from regular players who are in the same strategy as I expect of a top pair and so I double my chips until I got that dreamed pair of AA or KK pair to go all in and lose to a pair of 22 or 7.8 off as always happens!

So true!!!

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, a month ago I changed my strategy, I used to win but after I changed it to play the sunday million anniversary, I started losing, the streak went for more than 3 weeks in which my ROI dropped heavily, it was 18% than dropped to 4%. I tried to make adjustments to my play during this period, but nothing good came out of it. won 3 tournaments and was in the money for 10 times out of more than 125 tournaments. Now I decided to unlearn what I have learned and start anew with my original strategy and make adjustments along the way and adapt it to new situations. In a nutshell, it is better to make adjustments than to change a whole strategy.

kidkarioka

kidkarioka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When that happens, I change my strategy and try to exploit players out of position and those who are weaker at the table and thus keep me alive in the game. Especially when playing hyper turbo tournaments.

T

thiagotup197

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes dumb but most are wide even with bad hands

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If I get tired of the game, I throw any hand. If I have time to sit to play, I wait for a decent hand.

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If there are no good cards to play for a long time, my stack will get smaller and smaller. If my stack is below 20 big blinds, I change my style of play. When all the players in front of me have folded, I also play worse hands to bluff. Most players play too tight in the bubble. You can take advantage of that with an open raise. And even if someone calls your raise, you have a good chance of stealing the pot with a c-bet, as most players play fit or fold. They watch the flop and fold to a bet if they don't hit anything. Only if an opponent 3-bets you preflop I would fold with bluff hands. For me, bluff hands for an open raise are K7s-K2s, A5o-A2o, K8o-K4o, QTo. Of course, you have to respond to the way your opponents play. If many opponents 3-bet I would rather open push, so put everything in right away. If your opponents often fold to a raise, I would rather try an open raise.

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you have to start with a plan, but as time passes and our initial idea is not achieved due to lack of good hands, it must be changed. :):)

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You have to change your playing style eventually, as a tournament progresses you start to get into a situation where an all-in shove is all you have left, and the hands you do this with become more and more random as the bubble approaches.
You can use the bubble as a weapon against some players who are literally holding on until they make the money, and push with practically any 2 cards when you Identify who these players are.
To say you have a specific playing style all the way through a game is wrong because even the tightest players start to loosen up, and the most aggressive become more cautious as the bubble approaches, but to be a good player, is someone who can mix it up and change his/her playing style depending on the situation.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends on the size of my stack, if it's small, then I have to push a wide range

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably it all depends on the stage of the tournament-if this is the beginning, then you need to play very carefully and enter the game only with premium hands.Well, if this stage has passed into the middle, then the range of hands reveals the range.We must try to play deliberately somewhere to apply a bluff.Yes, and it happens that all this does not bring results.It's just not possible to win all the tournaments-that's what the game is for!

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My range changes as the effective stack size changes along with changing to adapt to the icm.

S

Skripka Dmitriy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Учитывая, что чаще всего играю в бесплатные турниры, если попадал в призы , то жду карту той же масти с пробелом в одну-две карты и ставлю все.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If I really want to go further, mean, to reach the final tables, I'm a rock steady, but if I'm playing like 'balls to the wall', I may do anything.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What's the best way to break through the Card-Dead period, and what can you do to overcome it? In reality, nothing. This period will end on its own, and you just need to be patient and continue to play each individual game situation, with the maximum EV. The loss of patience, in most situations, will cost you big losses, both money and time that will be required in the future to recoup

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Make your move on the button if the rest of the table has shown to be weak!

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've read many poker books over the years, and every one of them tells you to be patient, that the good hands will come.

One of the problems with that theory, is that by the time you get one, it could be too late, and if you haven't been playing any hands for a long time, suddenly playing one, is a major online tell.

I do generally take this tact, but if it gets to be too long a time, I will enter a hand, and stay in it as long as it doesn't get costly. I'll do this a few times, so that when the good one comes, it doesn't seem like as big as a trigger for everyone else to fold.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands