Do you get bored in long tournaments?

D

dianasamu245

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really like them a lot I have good patience I always leave the tournament in incredible hands, usually badbeted

ArmiSoo7

ArmiSoo7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Great question. I just hate long tournaments. These 2 day tournaments are not for me . I love Turbo tournaments with 5 min blinds.

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i start playing really well, but, passing two hours i get bored...its too long...what do you think?

You get bored because you want to, there are an infinite number of poker rooms and game modes so you don't get bored. Choose wisely when reviewing tournament game structures and you won't get bored. Good luck at the tables!:top:

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You get bored because you want to, there are an infinite number of poker rooms and game modes so you don't get bored. Choose wisely when reviewing tournament game structures and you won't get bored. Good luck at the tables!:top:

If you want to play really well, you need time, sadly in this times sometimes i dont have.

Only_player

Only_player

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yeah! Thats why my play in MTT so bad((( I like turbo SnG

R

rbonciu92

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, if are more sit-out players at table

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
opinion

Long tournaments are not so much boring as exhausting. I get the impression that such tournaments are designed only to exhaust the player to the finish line to such an extent that he has little thought of what he is doing. It's crazy to play 40 levels of 12 minutes each. I think that the most optimal tournaments are 1 hour late registration regardless of the tournament structure.

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I get bored and exhausted, it took me 7 hours and 12 minutes to win 5th. place in a freeroll and win less than $20.00. Crazy stupid setup .... 10 minutes for each blind increase and over 89,000 players.

K

katsbrasil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
katsbrasil

a little bit more and very beautiful to play so nothing goes until the end and for all tournaments

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually multitask. I am usually watching youtube or another video with my wife while i have the poker client in a small window on the side. I wouldn't be able to just sit there and look at only the poker for 3 hrs.

shibdevvar

shibdevvar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes long tourney make me bored too, i play tightly and as strong players but after itm my all patience is gone somewhere and received only minimu cash maximum time

mimietmour

mimietmour

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Me too I get bored because I have a deficit of attention. ...

BigDice75

BigDice75

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes it happens to me, especially in very long tournaments, where the blind levels are 10 minutes or more. When it happens, I lose focus and make a lot of mistakes, until I end up throwing the tournament with not very good hands.

whowantwhat

whowantwhat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep, getting bored is one of my biggest leaks

I end up playing weak hands like 86s for fun just because I get bored waiting for a better hand and end up losing 1/3 of my chips unnecessarily

I find that if I watch a tv show at the same time it keeps me occupied and I dont get the itch to get into pots for no reason and I tend to do better lol

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I enter a tournament without considering the speed of the tournament. Usually if I've had to fold a lot over the course of a couple hours I start getting bored. If I enter a tournament that I'm well aware will last for a couple hours or more I get less bored because I'm mentally prepared for the grind.

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't get bored, but when I already play more than three tournaments that take me almost a whole day playing, my annoyance comes when I have to re-form my funds for each hand but still I rest and come back with more enthusiasm than ever.

davidsincara

davidsincara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Music make things better, remember to have your phone/ipod/walkman (?) fully charged and with powerbanks full, boredem is only bore in silence

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A lot of boredom, lot like other events..

Long tourney, everybody gets bored during a lull, you're tired, cards stink. The best thing to do is mental prep. If you're serious, you know to prep for the dull part, the grind. Sports, for example, are similar. In between the home runs and strikeouts and great catches, there are a lot of routine ground-outs. In pokier terms, in between the AA KK and QK, there are a lot of 27o, 38o, etc.

F

FluDhs

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just be prepared before the tourney and know how long it will take to end. Doing this you won't get bored.

NBDG8477

NBDG8477

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is very easy to become bored with this that is why i suggest loading up 2 or 3 sit n gos at a time along with you're major tournament that way your brain does not become stagnant and you can have a continues flow without getting dull

thaleshpa

thaleshpa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is really annoying, especially when the blinds don't go up fast. People don't get eliminated, some players always trying to steal the small pot and the game does not develop.

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get bored after 3-4 hours tbh.

PatValShark

PatValShark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to get quite bored, and listening to music helps but its a patience game that gets better with time is all I can say.

MusterIsBack

MusterIsBack

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I'm tired. This happens when the opponents at the table play very passively and there is no excitement at that table. In such a situation, I try to create excitement myself or wait for my desk to change. A bad table can have a huge impact on your game.

P

panaloto

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don t think bored is the right word. Excitement should actually rise, the later the tournament gets the more profitable it gets. It is a risk though to get tired and lose focus. It becomes more often you make a stpid push because you didnt quite scan ALL the facts or a call thats way to loose. The task is to minimize that or recognise it change it once you did so anyway (and hopefully got away with that).

You are right.

Losing focus is the problem. It happens to me often. I'd be leading in the first two or three hours and then my play dips and give it all away with some stupid pushes.

I know I need to get back to being patient and maintaining a high level of focus but it's a hurdle I can't seem to pass.