Do you get bored in long tournaments?

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i start playing really well, but, passing two hours i get bored...its too long...what do you think?

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
During the game on long tournaments I make regular breaks, about 1 time per hour (make coffee, doing physical exercises, listening to relaxing music). My opinion is that in long tournaments concentration and preliminary preparation is necessary.

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it happens and more time you need to wait for a normal game! In poker you need patience.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get bored in EVERY tournament on CC freerolls besides the facebook one. But it is like a bad movie... you can shut it off :)

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm excited when I first enter and once I'm in the money. In between is meh.

J

Jamuka7657

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It only gets boring if late registration is more than 1 hour and addons give too many chips.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
3 hours is about my limit for an online game. Hate those with 3 hours of later registration and rebuys.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Play several tournaments at once:)

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get bored too, is why you have to have stamina in large tournaments. The deeper you go, the more you have to observe your opponents.

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i get bored in short tournaments, never mind long ones...

i got bored in a spin n go once

CullinanPoker

CullinanPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Long tournaments can be tedious and hard to keep focus. Like alpha dog suggested take a break... grab a coffee or put on some music.

E

Elru

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi i play all the time in long tournaments, and rarely get bored. Its because I do other things while I play: most of the time I watch youtube videos on my tablet, but i also look things up on the internet, check email, etc. It's all about making quality use of your time. Sometimes I set my pc on the table in front of me, and sit and sand my pieces of wood art that I make! And i have found that by doing something else, i don't always sit and think so long about my poker play, i just do it more instinctively, and get better results. maybe its because my brain is being used actively, and I can think better. I love poker , but just sitting there waiting for the other guy to make up his mind what his move is, is VERY boring!!

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi i play all the time in long tournaments, and rarely get bored. Its because I do other things while I play: most of the time I watch youtube videos on my tablet, but i also look things up on the internet, check email, etc. It's all about making quality use of your time. Sometimes I set my pc on the table in front of me, and sit and sand my pieces of wood art that I make! And i have found that by doing something else, i don't always sit and think so long about my poker play, i just do it more instinctively, and get better results. maybe its because my brain is being used actively, and I can think better. I love poker , but just sitting there waiting for the other guy to make up his mind what his move is, is VERY boring!!
yeap, and more when the other players use all the time to bet, if you have 2 or 3 its really annoying.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never get bored playing a poker tournament, there are tournaments that take up to more than 4 hours, the SUNDAYMILLIONS or MICROMILLIONS take up to 6 hours, you have to be prepared to play these types of tournaments, if you do not want to get bored of long tournaments you can play other types of tournaments such as sit & go tournaments that are tournaments that do not take too long or you can play spin & go too

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i start playing really well, but, passing two hours i get bored...its too long...what do you think?
I before, too, lose concentration of after 2-3 hours of the game! But here's my advice, start 2 games at the same time, a larger number is not necessary or you'll lose concentration! While trading at the same table, you will play at the second poker table!

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
, but just sitting there waiting for the other guy to make up his mind what his move is, is VERY boring!!

yeap, and more when the other players use all the time to bet, if you have 2 or 3 its really annoying.

Yes this is the problem that makes it boring,
and can then make the bored player lose concentration or choose to concentrate less by doing other distracting things.

I like playing and following the action even if I am not in the hand,
but sometimes a slow pace can be frustrating.

The other cause of boredom is not even being able to get involved in any hands usually when blinds are high, and there is a long period of being dealt totally unplayable hole cards.

I find the best way to deal with it is keeping two simultaneous games going. Sit and Gos can be very helpful here.

Recently I had a small tournament ticket that was about to expire and I didn't feel like playing a long tournament, but I found a 15 minute timed tournament, so I decided to try it and I have to say it was a bit of a blast, and even managed to make a couple of bucks.

R

raymix72

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am watching movies. It helps to play only good starting hands and not to be bored :)

Vlad_Borokh

Vlad_Borokh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What I do when I'm bored in MTT

Поэтому, когда я играю в MTT в течение долгого времени, у меня нет терпения ... Я не знаю, почему, но я часто ставил олл-ин с руками, такими как A 10, AJ и так далее ...:(:jd4:

wrabinho

wrabinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh yes.. i dont have patience...

edc1

edc1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think everyone gets bored to some degree-i would suggest starting off playing sng,s the nine person ones last 1-2 hours-after that find something constructive to do during the game when the boredom starts-i take notes on other players-i also watch poker vids when playing long mtt,s-ive been in some 8 plus hour mtt,s in the past

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Occasionally I get bored especially if the prize is little, or too late is delayed

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only in tourney's that registers for HHHOOOUUURRRSSS!!!!!!!

Tox1cel

Tox1cel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm in the same situation, I get bored on the long tourneys and I go all in with AK for exemple in a bad position and I loose...