Do you get bored in long tournaments?

chippawa1234

chippawa1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is definitely a problem with tournaments going eay to long! 13 14 hour one day tournaments is ridiculous in my opinion.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

Fully agree with you specially when there are some foshes who just spend their
game time and the fold
Rgds

Geyomobama

Geyomobama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes when im out of my element. Like right after I came from making a deep run in another long tournament.

U

userme4321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, when it happens I should take a micro break

NUGGEETTEE

NUGGEETTEE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is the hardest thing to master. Listen to music to pass the time but the blinds will kill

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I get bored especially when near the bubble and some people are dragging and dragging their heals trying to stay alive until the reach the moolah

AndyGamesPoker

AndyGamesPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is not the long tournaments that bother me, but when sites have extremely long late red and rebuy periods I find it is quite annoying!

W

wilberth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In long tournaments I usually stay concentrated for a maximum of 2 hours, and then I get distracted because I get a little bored waiting for the other players to bet when I'm not in the hand.
It is also boring in tournaments that have a very long late registration, where the number of players does not vary and makes a tournament too long.

T

the_bridge222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For now that did not happen to me. On the contrary, I enjoy more if the tournament is long.

newelis74

newelis74

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, they don't bore me, it may be that there are days that I have less patience, but well if the point is not to get bored, I would recommend opening more tables whenever you feel comfortable and thus have more action .. But if one day my problem is that I get bored. I would go on to play cash games without a doubt, if I am playing tournaments it is to enjoy it and because I like to do it.

O

olesyafarion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi! Yes, I have this problem. I try to control it, but it doesn't always work. I start making more mistakes after 2-3 hours, especially when I don't get a good hand. This is more pronounced late in the evening, when I'm not so cheerful anymore.Boredom makes me do unnecessary actions or get distracted by something else.

Tvorets

Tvorets

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like playing tournaments at all. They are all boring and monotonous.

Dimission

Dimission

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, unfortunately this is a big problem for me. Some tournaments just take way too long, which reduces my concentration.

S

sn0112

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get bored in a standard MTT if the number of paid places is a low % of the field, for instance 3000 players and only 300 cash places. This isn't helped by hours of late registration. PKOs hold my interest though.

Einer777

Einer777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not play that modality and try others there are not only long tournaments

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
poker tournaments are basically endurance game mental fortitude

Yes, unfortunately this is a big problem for me. Some tournaments just take way too long, which reduces my concentration.

there must be passion and love for the game

The same thing happens to me, so I try not to play long tournaments, I play mostly tournaments with a small number of rivals

poker tourneys teaches us patience and hard work is key to attaining what we desire

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CornY7Y

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very difficult for me to play in tournaments, because there you need a lot of endurance and waiting for a good hand. Now I develop my self-control in a different way and I will continue to lose all tournaments:)

tonzinho7620

tonzinho7620

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, but i am managing to control this, there is a short time for a new finalist rs

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you want to play poker profitably (in MTT), you will have to transform that boredom and drive, ghana, will, because the money is at the end. But there are ways to make money from poker outside of tournaments, there are SIT AND GO, which when you sit down, you already have the idea of ​​how long it will last, in which you win little you will soon have to compensate with high volume, soon you will have to spend a lot sitting time in the same way. There is also a cash game option where you can interrupt the section as many times as you like.

Even if you play just for fun, you shouldn't go into tournaments that get bored in the middle, you'll be paying a ticket to a show with two artists and leaving before the main attraction starts. That doesn't seem smart to me.

In short, there are 4 ways:

1 - Learn not to be bored;
2 - Migrate to SNG or Cash Game;
3 - Stop playing;
4 - Continue as is and give money for the game.

Poma Lekain

Poma Lekain

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i start playing really well, but, passing two hours i get bored...its too long...what do you think?
Try more expensive tournaments or 6-max hyper-turbo.
In order not to get bored I play at least 4 tournaments at the same time.

H

Hanosch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don t think bored is the right word. Excitement should actually rise, the later the tournament gets the more profitable it gets. It is a risk though to get tired and lose focus. It becomes more often you make a stpid push because you didnt quite scan ALL the facts or a call thats way to loose. The task is to minimize that or recognise it change it once you did so anyway (and hopefully got away with that).